Whats Your Favorite Napoleonic Set (1 Viewer)

wellington

First Sergeant
Just curious what other Napoleonic collectors all time favorite figure is? I'll start off by saying 1) KGL SERGENT LOOKING 2)NA52 DRUMMER USING THE BUTT.

CHEERS
WELLINGTON..........:rolleyes:

I can see that there are alot of favorites out there...:)

WELLINGTON

I have lots of favorites and can,t seem to single it down to a small list of like a top ten or anything like that. I like a lot of the casting kits that are out there, they seem to have some great poses and sculpts and have a great variety of different troops to choose from and the painted samples are incredible. I like a lot of the K&C pieces to but there are figures that are great from other companies that are really nice also. I,d have to sit down and think about that one to get a good list together. Here is a sample of the great origanal poses from some of these casting kits that are out there a lot of them are from famous painting also which make great figures.

Heres an example of the painting quality on some of the casting demos!!! Check out some of the samples from companys like metal models and andrea and other kit makers and you,ll see what i,m talking about with the variety and quality.

Those are all VERY nice and I have figures like those that are excellent.....I was just curious about your favorite k&c figures...Just curious the French Guard with the drummer boy can you still buy that figure and if so can you get it already painted???

WELLINGTON....:rolleyes:

For me the favorite napoleonic set are the scots greys .
but the are still figuurs coming!! .

richard.:)

The nice thing about Napoleonics is each set that comes out is not only a surprise but never similar or the same, so many different uniforms and units as well as countries involved it's endless..really a facinating time in history....:)

WELLINGTON

http://www.histomin.com/wpline/wpline.htm Heres a link that has some great napoleonic casting with the painted demos. You,ll see what I was talking about with the variety and quality of the figures.

There are also lots of great casts from all other eras in time on this site also inclueding WWI and WWII also.

Last edited:
My favorite is the French voltigeurs -- I have several dozen and they are awesome swarming around the chateau.

Several dozen thats alot!!!!!:eek: I'd hate to be the British during that fight.

Cheers
WELLINGTON

It's the KGL for me, with the french farmhouse to make for a nice "La Haye Sainte" diorama.

It has to be the Greys for me.Sgt. Ewart set is my fav from that group.

fish, theres lots of amazing kits out there and the painted examples you provided are fantastic.

fub

K&C has done some really great Napoleonics, But if I'd have to pick a favorite at this time it would be the Grey's. They are all great individual figures which come together to make a dynamic grouping.

Those are all VERY nice and I have figures like those that are excellent.....I was just curious about your favorite k&c figures...Just curious the French Guard with the drummer boy can you still buy that figure and if so can you get it already painted???

WELLINGTON....:rolleyes:

I've answered quite a few private messages on this so why not share it with Wellington himself?

Basically Andrea Miniatures produce an excellent range, as do Pegaso (slightly more expensive kits). There are dozens of hobbyists who'll professionally paint them for you but the prices can run to hundreds of euro. Those particular photos are from Anrey Arsenyev's Russian Vityaz studios (c $200-$300 each) but there are plenty of others out there at more reasonable prices. For example Elen Models do quite a number of sets and to different standards of painting. (Unfortunately their link is down at present).

I note that there's George Grasse's Historical Miniatures of Virginia that offer anything from Andrea to Verlinden professionally painted (probably by a St Petersburg Studio):

http://www.histomin.com/lineand/andnap/pgandnapfoot.htm

(The vignette you were looking for - AN7F26 - is about 1/3rd of the way down the page).

I'm not sure about the standards of quality or customer service from that example but you'll find quite a few others out there who'll probably do it for anything between $100 and $250, which is a lot for a 2 figure set, as you could get 10 Del Prado figures to flesh out your K&C diorama for that price.

Regards

Thanks cannonfodder1971 for the info, I'm going to keep my out for the pieces.

Cheers
WELLINGTON

I have a new favorite that has not been introduced yet. It is Santa Claus aka as Pere Noel with two drummer boys of the Pupilles. French boys orphaned from fathers who were killed in service. These boys were adopted into the Pupilles. The set is due to arrive in November. It is now at the top of my list. When you see it , it will be at the top of yours!:) :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back