when figures are an art (1 Viewer)

Valmy......My French was never any good...never passed one exam....are the figures Flat and half flat....?...whatever...they are excellent......TomB

Hi Tom,
This man does three sort of figures : flat, half flat and normal. He's an excellent sculpter and painter.

Faithfully
Valmy

Hi Tom,
This man does three sort of figures : flat, half flat and normal. He's an excellent sculpter and painter.

Faithfully
Valmy
Thank you...he certainly is an excellent sculpter and painter...TomB

Speaking of French figure makers, do you know anything about Art Miniature, Valmy? They had a catalog of 54mm figures of Napoleonics, and 18th century military and civilians. Their website, www.artminiature.com, went dark a couple of years ago, and I ask from time to time if anyone else knew of them and knows what happened to their line.

Prost!
Brad

Speaking of French figure makers, do you know anything about Art Miniature, Valmy? They had a catalog of 54mm figures of Napoleonics, and 18th century military and civilians. Their website, www.artminiature.com, went dark a couple of years ago, and I ask from time to time if anyone else knew of them and knows what happened to their line.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad,

Unfortunatly, the website is out. I don't look only in France. I'm interested in other toysoldiers makers all over the world. Unfortunatly in France, we have no more toyssoldiers makers since Starlux is missing and I'm really sorry for that.

Faithfully
Valmy

Hi Brad,

Unfortunatly, the website is out. I don't look only in France. I'm interested in other toysoldiers makers all over the world. Unfortunatly in France, we have no more toyssoldiers makers since Starlux is missing and I'm really sorry for that.

Faithfully
Valmy

Bonsoir Brad et VAlmy,
The site still active!
see this link: http://www.figurine-miniature.com/
Best.
Guy.:wink2:

Hi harper,

Sorry for my bad english language
, normal = classic, in 3d

Faithfully
Valmy

Your English is just fine. What I meant was how can you tell which ones are the normal/3D ones on the links you posted? What French words do they use for the different types?

Bonsoir Brad et VAlmy,
The site still active!
see this link: http://www.figurine-miniature.com/
Best.
Guy.:wink2:

Merci bien, Guy, this is fantastic news! Their new website is much, much better than the old site, and the catalog seems to have more kits in it than before. I always liked the 18th century civilian scenes, "Chocolate" and "The Visit". I'm so glad to know that they can still be had.

Thanks again for this news, prosit!
Brad

Hi Brad,

Faithfully
Valmy

Actually this is not totally correct since I do believe France has one of the best toy soldier makers with Bruno Leibovitz who runs Métal Modèles: http://www.metal-modeles.com/en (OK it's mostly Napoleonic's - no bias here :cool:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back