Where do you buy your Russians? (1 Viewer)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
I was just thinking it'd be nice to have a collection of places to buy these.
There are so many great ones out there, but the Russian websites and ordering sure leave something to be desired. Where have you gotten yours?

Are you talking about finished figures or castings? For finished figures, there are many dealers who sell them. Thor Johnson's Aero-Art International is probably the best-known, and he was the pioneer in bringing Russian pieces to the West. Sergei Ilyashenko is another seller I can recommend, as well as Aleksey Dyakov, who trades as ISA Warenhandels.

Prost!
Brad

I was just thinking it'd be nice to have a collection of places to buy these.
There are so many great ones out there, but the Russian websites and ordering sure leave something to be desired. Where have you gotten yours?

Sierra Toy Soldier in Los Gatos California has them for sale, quite a few at that.

Sierra Toy Soldier in Los Gatos California has them for sale, quite a few at that.

Evidently not. Copied from their website....."We are currently suspending sales of Russian Figures made by Grenada Studios,
until we can establish that they can still supply items. Unfortunately because of a combination of a shortage of skilled artists
and ever increasing costs in both St Petersburg and Moscow, supply has become impossible to obtain this year. We are hoping
this is a short term suspension, and that we can continue to supply and maintain our relationship. We are in the meantime
sourcing alternatives, and hope to announce a new relationship shortly.
Please contact us for details and updates.
September 28, 2013."

evidently not. Copied from their website....."we are currently suspending sales of russian figures made by grenada studios,
until we can establish that they can still supply items. Unfortunately because of a combination of a shortage of skilled artists
and ever increasing costs in both st petersburg and moscow, supply has become impossible to obtain this year. We are hoping
this is a short term suspension, and that we can continue to supply and maintain our relationship. We are in the meantime
September 28, 2013."

d'oh!

I have 6 Celts from Aeroart.......purchased them from Hobby Bunker and the Aeroart website ......but I have tried to find more .....not possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great figures !!!

For me it is very difficult to predict what figure will be in demand.
To have a whole range of figures on shelfs is very expensive
Therefore, in any store is very small selection
I think more correct is to make order through the Internet

Gentle Friends,

Please do not neglect or forget that our hostess, Shannon, and her business, Treefrog Treasures, also handles a line Russianan figures. Specifically, Treefrog carries the Niena Studio figures and they are most certainly worth a look. I recommend them very highly and the Treefrog service is second to none.

Also, I have enjoyed doing business with Medallion Miniatures. Medallion Miniatures is based in Miami, Florida. Presently, the Medallion Miniatures website is down, so it is difficult to view their products. However, they attend many shows in the US and their figures are also worth a close look.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Нow many pieces do you hope to see?

I haven't been to a brick and mortar shop in at least 10 years. I am interested in seeing an actual shop for a change. Doesn't matter what figures they carry. It is the experience that I am looking for and sure, I will support the business with some purchases. {sm4}

Internet is great but there is nothing like an actual visit to a shop with all of the variety that they offer and the experience!

Last edited:
Igor - I am fine with the number of pieces. I just wish ordering was easier. Is it possible to set up paypal or something similar? I just find ordering and paying very confusing

Does Medallion Miniatures have a shop that you can visit in Miami?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

To the best of my knowledge, Medallion Miniatures does not have a shop you can visit in Miami. If it is of any help to you, I can forward few photos to you of my Medallion Miniatures figures via e-mail. If after viewing the photos you like what you see and wish to contact them, I am reasonably certain I can help you make that contact.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

I haven't been to a brick and mortar shop in at least 10 years. I am interested in seeing an actual shop for a change. Doesn't matter what figures they carry. It is the experience that I am looking for and sure, I will support the business with some purchases. {sm4}

Internet is great but there is nothing like an actual visit to a shop with all of the variety that they offer and the experience!

One million dollars would be enough to start the opening of the store
I can help you find the range:wink2:

Igor - I am fine with the number of pieces. I just wish ordering was easier. Is it possible to set up paypal or something similar? I just find ordering and paying very confusing

No problem with paypal or bank account

Igor
I just sent you a message with two that I would like to order! I'm looking forward to working with you!

With the high-end, expensive Russian figures, I have to be able to see them in person, hold them, examine them and make comparisons with other figures. My prior purchases were at shows. A shop would be another avenue for me. I plan to attend a show in the near future so there I will have another opportunity to find some Russian gems! :)

Thanks for your responses!

:salute::

I can give you other idea where to find some Russian gems.:redface2:
COME TO RUSSIA:salute::

Funny you mention that...I'm planning a trip for early next fall!

Evidently not. Copied from their website....."We are currently suspending sales of Russian Figures made by Grenada Studios,
and ever increasing costs in both St Petersburg and Moscow, supply has become impossible to obtain this year. We are hoping
September 28, 2013."

Sorry about that, I was not writing about the internet. I was just in their shop this afternoon, they have plenty in the store itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back