where is all the plastic discussion? (2 Viewers)

LordA, you never answered my simple question. When did you start collecting Conte,s products, most notably his plastic?
I think if you answer that question honestly I could understand where you are coming from and our difference of opinions might easily be resolved.
I would have PM,d you this message but you told me no more PM,s.
Gary

HI LORD AN.--I LEFT YOU SOME PLASTIC INFO ON THE MIXING MAKERS -BRANDS THREAD UNDER COLLECTORS SHOWCASE --ABOUT OLD ELASTOLIN.
DSC01031.jpg

THANKS KINDLY Will check it out

Greetings
Toy Soldier HQ is a website that provides much information about Toy Soldiers.
They have many pictures of many different Makers and Figures.
They are very useful as a resource and a source for Figures.

Thank you kindly as well! Will check this out as well. Is it www.toysoldierHQ.com?
I guess I will know in a minute when I try

Greetings
Toy Soldier HQ is a website that provides much information about Toy Soldiers.
They have many pictures of many different Makers and Figures.

Thank you again for the lead to Toy Soldier HQ. It was a walk down memory lane as I saw the Gibbs Custer set. We had that as kids but I'd completely forgotten about it until I saw that picture. what a great childhood memroy brought back. Many thanks. whoever owns that site is real buff and loves the hobby
Thank you

Should have seen me at last OTSN, I had 7 GIbbs sets, now I'm down to two for my own collection.

Thank you again for the lead to Toy Soldier HQ. It was a walk down memory lane as I saw the Gibbs Custer set. We had that as kids but I'd completely forgotten about it until I saw that picture. what a great childhood memroy brought back. Many thanks. whoever owns that site is real buff and loves the hobby
Thank you

Paper or Cardboard Punch out sets

While on the subject of childhood memories does anyone know the name of the company that made books with punch out figures. I had an Alamo one and also recall a Ben Hur or some Roman themed one with Chariots. They were on a heavy stock of paper and I recall for stands you folded little flaps which helped stabilize the 2 dimensional 'figures'. I recall my brother and I using the Alamo paper cut outs as extras with the Marx Alamo he had until somebody made fun of us for mixing the wrong scale paper with the plastic. Would love to find the Roman ones in particular as that remains a favorite period for me

I kind of remember some "punch out" books, but the big thing when I was in about 3rd grade was "sticker" books. The books were printed in black-and-white, then you added the color illustrations via stickers (which one licked back in my day). I remember one on the Civil War, one on trains, and I think there were others.

Gary B.

Greetings
Toy Soldier HQ is a website that provides much information about Toy Soldiers. They have many pictures of many different Makers and Figures.

Denver, thanks for the reminder about the Toy Soldier HQ. That was a trip down memory lane - I owned a lot of the soldiers and cowboys shown (not a lot, but a few of many brands) when I was young. It's always interesting now to see the background of the moldings changed hands over the years.

Gary B.

Re: Paper or Cardboard Punch out sets

While on the subject of childhood memories does anyone know the name of the company that made books with punch out figures. I had an Alamo one and also recall a Ben Hur or some Roman themed one with Chariots. They were on a heavy stock of paper and I recall for stands you folded little flaps which helped stabilize the 2 dimensional 'figures'. I recall my brother and I using the Alamo paper cut outs as extras with the Marx Alamo he had until somebody made fun of us for mixing the wrong scale paper with the plastic. Would love to find the Roman ones in particular as that remains a favorite period for me

Is this what you're look for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRISTINE-Condit...597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aac90054d

Jim

Re: Gibbs

A good set with mat and booklet can go for upwards of $300.00, I sold a primo set for $350.00. They are hard to find without broken figures especially the riding cavalry. You can get a decent set with a few broken figures usually for $250.00 to $300.00.

QUOTE=LordAnhausen;410370]Can you give me some idea what I should be paying when I find one?[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back