Where to get King & Country miniatures in Singapore? (1 Viewer)

zhangzewen

Private
As per thread title. I know there used to be a shop Soldier's Story in Funan Mall. However as the mall has closed for renovation, was wondering if there are any other avenues to purchase the miniatures.

Your reply is much appreciated.

As per thread title. I know there used to be a shop Soldier's Story in Funan Mall. However as the mall has closed for renovation, was wondering if there are any other avenues to purchase the miniatures.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Hi Zhangzewen

The Soldier's Story is close down since April 2015 and until now there is no more shop in Singapore. The only way you can buy is buy online either direct from King and Country or Treefrog Treasure Store.

Hi Zhangzewen

The Soldier's Story is close down since April 2015 and until now there is no more shop in Singapore. The only way you can buy is buy online either direct from King and Country or Treefrog Treasure Store.

To enjoy FREE shipping orders need to be > US$250 - but make sure amount should be < SGD $400 else the GST need to pay - 7% @!

I had never bought direct from King and Country - only US merchants (only two offer free shipping for International orders.... http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/ {sm4} who gives us this wonderful forum as well

PS: This month I am still waiting for the Ha-Go to be made available.... not sure why so long the wait and tank still in "Pre-Order" :mad:

Hi Zhangzewen

Last time when The Soldier's Story was still around you could view the pieces - I recall the King Tiger tank on display - one very great and big "beast" - hard to find at fair price nowadays.

I had bought some great sets from him which was sold out in US and eBAY but somehow he still has stock - a ZERO plane, a 38(t) tank with the commander, LAH pieces :salute::

Hi Htet and DM101, thank you for the prompt reply. A pity that Soldier's Story has closed down. I remember the shop owner being a really friendly person to converse with.

Will consider getting online from tree frog.

I am more into streets of old hongkong pieces (feel free to PM me if any to let go), for now.

Are there any local Singapore groups/forum where we can discuss on the hobby?

Thank you

Hi Mr. Zhangzewen,

Sadly, "The Soldier's Story" shop is no more, however if you wish to obtain any of our figures there are many fine authorized K&C dealers around the world including our good friends at Treefrog Treasures.

Some collectors also buy directly from ourselves in Hong Kong.

For your information, K&C are organizing another "Gathering of Collectors" in Singapore on 19 Nov, 2016. Last year we did our first "SOLO" event at the Singapore Cricket Club and it was a great success. This year's promises to be even better!

More details later...

Best wishes and happy collecting,
Andy

For your information, K&C are organizing another "Gathering of Collectors" in Singapore on 19 Nov, 2016. Last year we did our first "SOLO" event at the Singapore Cricket Club and it was a great success. This year's promises to be even better!

More details later...

Best wishes and happy collecting,
Andy

Andy,

Singapore is about the same flying time as getting to Melbourne, like when we met up last year and much warmer and cheaper flights, so maybe I can hop up there for a 'Singapore Sling' in November ???

john

To enjoy FREE shipping orders need to be > US$250 - but make sure amount should be < SGD $400 else the GST need to pay - 7% @!

I had never bought direct from King and Country - only US merchants (only two offer free shipping for International orders.... http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/ {sm4} who gives us this wonderful forum as well

PS: This month I am still waiting for the Ha-Go to be made available.... not sure why so long the wait and tank still in "Pre-Order" :mad:

I already made the pre-order. Tim, you can always pre-order from K&C site. I believe it should be out next week. Rgds,Chris

Hi Zhangzewen, if you are comfortable, you can PM me and I add you to the K&C Sgp whatsapp chat group. Daniel, previously the shop manager, is also in the chat group. So, is KC, the Indonesian K&C dealer. And also several heavy hitter collectors from Singapore.

Rgds,Chris

You and me both John! {sm3}

Tom

Will be great to catch a few beers with great Asian food and talk more toy soldiers after the K&C event. Hoping you guys can make it.

Best regards
OD

Hi Zhangzewen

The Soldiers' Story has been closed since April 2015 and as of now, there is no shop in Singapore. The only way you can buy is online either from King and Country (HK) or the Treefrog Treasures Store. (Edited)

IMHO, with the retail sector being what it is now in Singapore, I think it will be some time before we see another toy soldier/military miniature shop here.

Raymond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back