will conte ever rerelease the alamo playsets (1 Viewer)

D

dea

Hi
I'm new to the board,although i've lurked here a long time. I started collecting the playsets way too late, and have only managed to get playset#7 and I got one of the afgan bldgs. from george(warrior) at the gettysburg show.I was wondering if conte will ever rerelease them.
THanks guys(and girls).:(:(:(

Hi
I'm new to the board,although i've lurked here a long time. I started collecting the playsets way too late, and have only managed to get playset#7 and I got one of the afgan bldgs. from george(warrior) at the gettysburg show.I was wondering if conte will ever rerelease them.

Welcome to the forum, which playsets are we talking about?

Vick

Welcome to the forum Dea. Conte has a long history of delays for various reasons, some completely out of RCs hands.But watch the forum classifieds. Put one in yourself to buy. There is always e-bay:eek: Who knows you might get lucky.;)

Hi

Hi, Dea! Welcome to the forum!

Your gess is as good as anyone else's I guess. But you can always find something at ebay, on a show or here at the forum.

Cheers...

Uthred

Hi
If you're talking about the Scotland he Brave sets, they have already been released log ago, however I just happen to know someone who has both of them if you're interested. Last time I talked to him he wanted $700.00 for both sets.

Sorry, I meant the alamo playsets,like I said I have playset#7, and an afgahn bldg from george, also the hobby bunker rear wall, but theres nothing like the conte buildings for detail.
thanks guys

Dea,

Sometimes there will be limited realeases, but if you can't find anything they will show up on ebay often.

Vick

Its going to be interesting if Conte ever gets back to making playsets again as he has been selling the playset single color castings from the 1066,Alamo,WW2.
on Ebay for sometime now (and they go cheap) if he was going to re-release these playsets you would think the Castings would be put aside for future re-releases.
just my two cents worth :)

I don,t think you will ever see a new playset release from Conte, at least not like the old days of Zulu, War Lord, DDay, etc.
The last two playsets of Vikeings and Omaha Beach were kinda mish mash of previous released items.
I will give this to Conte those early playsets were the best and a real bargain.
Having said that they were a bargain, that,s why we won,t see the likes of them again.
Gary

conte has stated that he will complete the alamo chapel, and we would be advised to wait for it. if he does produce this, does anyone think he will reissue the chapel facade again?
DEA (PHIL)

I highly doubt he will reissue the alamo facade, if they finish the back of the chapel. imo

Vick

I too, do not think that COnte will reproduce the playsets again but we can only hope. I know that it is wishful thinking, but I love his stuff and I really wish he would continue with the Alamo playsets and complete the North wall, chapel, etc..... But I am not complaining, only wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

If memory serves me right, which is no longer a forgone conclusion, I read on the TSSD site that Ken Osen, who sculpted the Conte Alamo buildings, had agreed to sculpt the North wall for TSSD. Does any one else suspect the Texas show next year might have some plastic/playset offering from someone in the Alamo theme? Ever since the TSSD ACW cavalry came out I've been expecting some mounted Mexicans from TSSD. Conte has sure left a "gap" that is waiting to be filled.

I think Conte just what's to be on the cutting edge of toy soldier creation, that's cool I guess, it's certainly his perogative.

I would have preferred he finish the Alamo and all those sets he talked about, cavalry, mexican artillery etc etc, but now six years later, I don't think it matters, someone will step in and fill the gap.

Maybe all this is good for the smaller dealers, they get to make money on his unfinished projects.

Hi Phil, nice to see you posting here.

I will keep an eye out for you on the buildings, collectors are dumping Conte stuff at shows all the time. Some guy at the Saddlebrook NJ show this past weekend sold Murphy from The Hobby Bunker a raftload of Alamo buildings, I took a quick look at them, did not recognize them as Conte pieces.

Last year at the Freeport NY show a guy was dumping all of the Conte buildings from all of the playsets at the show; I bought 90% of them, they are long gone, but I recently came into more pieces as you saw at the Gettysburg show.

I will keep my ear to the ground for you; hope to see you at the Gettysburg show in August, should be a good one............

Regards,
George Guerriero
Minutemen Toy Soldiers

Playsetaddict, interesting observation on TSSD and Mexican cavalry, a perfect mix.
Gary

Hi george, good to see you remembered me, I appreciate your help. I seem to be looking in the wrong places for the alamo bldgs. I have been ordering several pieces from matt at hobby bunker. I appreciate all the forums help in locating these.
dea (phil)

You are a good guy Phil, it's very easy to remember good guys I deal with at the shows.......;)

Matt at HB makes some nice Alamo pieces and Nick from TSSD makes a beautiful Alamo Chapel, highly detailed to boot..........

I saw a piece at theTexas Show that was not from Conte. Hobby Bunker had it but a small kid bought it before I coud actually touch it. It went quick. It was a long piece that could have been an easy fit in with the conte piece. Not sure who makes it but I did want it. I hope that the rumors are true and TSSD does make a North Wall piece and Mexican Calvary. We need some of both. Thanks.
:eek:

louis, I think you saw the hobby bunker north wall, if you go to their website I think it's on page 39 or 40 of their online catalog it runs 40.00 very reasonable for a piece that size.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back