William Hocker Set #6 (1 Viewer)

wadepat

Gentle Friends,

A quick reveiw of the recent threads in our William Hocker forum clearly indicates that Randy is providing much leadership in the effort to make this new forum section a great and informative success. I know I am not alone in wanting to thank Randy for his tireless research and for his continuing presentation of Mr. Hocker's products. Randy has also provided a great service to all of us by presenting military/cultrual history represented by the sets Mr. Hocker has produced. So, please join me in thanking Randy for his strong commitment to our hobby and for enriching the forum with terrific information!

In order to demonstrate my support of this new forum and of Randy's contributions to it, I want to share one of my prized Hocker sets with you. Below, you should find some photos of a set belonging to Mr. Hocker's Types of the Indian Army series. It is set #6, Royal Artillery Bullock Draught.

The set consists of 34 pieces and the individual components of the set are shown in the first photo below. The set is three feet in length and requires some special space on which to display it. The second photo below presents the set as it is presently displayed in my home. In case you are wondering, the Bullock team consists of a total of 16 animals. I hope you enjoy viewing it.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Attachments

• Soldiers2453.jpg
    Soldiers2453.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Soldiers2480.jpg
    Soldiers2480.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Soldiers2460.jpg
    Soldiers2460.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 220
  • Soldiers2488.jpg
    Soldiers2488.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Soldiers2466.jpg
    Soldiers2466.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 213
Gentle Friends,

I have a few more photos of this wonderful set to display for you. They are found below:

Thanks for taking time to view my pictures. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this set that I consider a very special part of my overall collection. If other collectors possess William Hocker sets, I hope you will consider posting photos of them for all of us to enjoy!

Pat ;)

Attachments

• Soldiers2469.jpg
    Soldiers2469.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Soldiers2470.jpg
    Soldiers2470.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Soldiers2482.jpg
    Soldiers2482.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Soldiers2485.jpg
    Soldiers2485.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Soldiers2483.jpg
    Soldiers2483.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 121
Hi Pat,

Like all of your sets and figures this one is also exceptionally fantastic. You must have been grinning from ear to ear when you opened it for the very first time.
I love the way Mr. Hocker can take an classic WB item (running bullock) and with a few moderation's create a beautiful figure in it's on right but yet still be able to remain true to the charm and warmth of the old W Britains pieces.

Thanks again for sharing this amazing set Pat and I look forward to seeing more from that amazing toy box :)

Scott

Pat,

This is a most impressive set! I painted the Tradition version some years ago and it was the same overall length. I didn't keep it though :(.

I take it this is the beginning of a long thread by your good self? ;)

Jeff

Enjoyed seeing your photos for the second time as much as I did the 1st as your selection for the month Pat.......The Lt.

Pat

Thank you for your most kind words and encouragement. Your photographs of your prize sets from both Mr. Hocker and Beau Geste have been instrumental in exciting my interest in Bill and Ana's masterful creations. By posting these photos it is a helpful antidote to the tragic loss of Mr. Hocker's photographs several years ago when his computer crashed and he lost all but the thumbnail images of his work. Your set is a wonder to behold indeed.

Randy

Pat,
What a beautiful set! Of course I am enamored by 19th Century, Gloss, Cannon, Natives, British, Foreign Service, but the oxen are most enjoyable in my humble opine. They're en mass, and the sculpting is great. It's almost like an event, instead of a set.
Theanks for adding to the WH Thread!
Mike

Very, very nice set Pat.

Thank you for posting these enjoyable pictures.

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks Pat for posting pictures of this large and interesting set. I enjoy viewing the set. John

Pat,

This is a most impressive set! I painted the Tradition version some years ago and it was the same overall length. I didn't keep it though :(.

I take it this is the beginning of a long thread by your good self? ;)

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the kind comment. I wish you still owned the Tradition version as I would love to see it, especially since you were the artist that painted it.

Regretfully, my post is not the beginning of a long thread. I wish it were. Unfortunately, as much as I admire the work of William Hocker, my collection of his figures is too modest to constitute a lengthy presentation. :( Maybe at some future date, I will be able to offer more of his wonderful figures for viewing.

Pat

Very nice set, 19th century glossy figures are the best and you can not beat a great oxen set. Thanks for posting this set.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back