Williamsburg Military Weekend 2013 (1 Viewer)

Scarlet Pimpernel

Staff Sergeant
Well, I was a little surprised to find no show report for the Williamsburg show. Never mind...just bear with me while I post the few photos that I have from the show (alas, I only have photos of the Crown Miniatures tables...but try to use your imagination for all the rest). Sorry this is a week late.

Generally speaking, I really like this show for several reasons:

1) It is a two-day show, which means all those painful hours of set up and breaking down seem a bit more justified.
2) This show brings out some of my favorite people in the hobby, and I enjoy the time chatting with them almost as much as scrambling through cases of figures searching to find the one that I failed to bring with me.
3) This show is more than just a sale. A lot of time has gone into creating a real "event" for families and children to share in the history of the area and things military in general. Many of these folks are not toy soldier collectors and may never become collectors, but it is still a pleasure to share what we all do with them, and they are usually awestruck. Can you blame them...we all do some pretty cool stuff. I would love to see more shows use this "event" model.
4) For a regional show, this show also has some of the greatest variety of TSs and TS-related items. I picked up a few things myself.
5) It is the only show I know of where children can learn how to throw grenades...and the instructors throw them back. Things every kid should know.

Ok...so the only photos I have from the show were sent to me from a collector of a few of the Crown tables. If anyone who attended the show and took additional photos, please post them so we can get a balanced sense of the show.

Many thanks,

Nicholas
Crown Military Miniatures

Williamsburg01s.jpgWilliamsburg02s.jpgWilliamsburg04s.jpgWilliamsburg05s.jpgWilliamsburg07s.jpg

I just noticed that I am actually in one of these photos...where's Waldo?

Attachments

• Williamsburg01ss.jpg
    Williamsburg01ss.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 355
When was the event, Nicholas?

Will you be at the East Coast show in a couple of weeks?

Prost!
Brad

Nicky my boy...^&grin...

your dioramas are really looking good...

you're displaying your figures in a very positive light...

keep up the great work...

Brad:

This show was last weekend, a little surprised there was no mention of it here prior to the show, but that is on me as much as anyone, I suppose.

I will be at the East Coast show on the 3rd. If anyone is looking for weird odds and ends that I don't usually bring, better to let me know in advance. No obligation, but I would rather have it than not. I have some really nice retired Somerset pieces, for instance, some old glossy K&C, a load of Trophy (I don't suppose there is any interest in any of that)...no place to put them of course, but this is why I travel with large camel train and 40 bearers. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find capable bearers willing to travel to NJ?!

When was the event, Nicholas?

Will you be at the East Coast show in a couple of weeks?

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back