Wilson Edward's Future (1 Viewer)

I thought of Craig´s great sets again and double sad for him no longer being with us and his legacy in the form of his casts and sets having long gone and no longer available....:salute::With that in mind I rolled a couple of his sets out of the cabinet, mixed them with Maison Militarie, Tradition, Stadden and Barracks and they look as sharp as ever!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9006.JPG
    IMG_9006.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_9005.JPG
    IMG_9005.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_8988.JPG
    IMG_8988.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_8986.JPG
    IMG_8986.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_8985.JPG
    IMG_8985.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 287
More of WETS mixed them with Maison Militarie, Tradition, Stadden and Barracks and they look as sharp as ever!!![/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_8965.JPG
    IMG_8965.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8962.JPG
    IMG_8962.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_8957.JPG
    IMG_8957.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8959.JPG
    IMG_8959.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_8954.JPG
    IMG_8954.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 288
I thought of Craig´s great sets again and double sad for him no longer being with us and his legacy in the form of his casts and sets having long gone and no longer available....:salute::With that in mind I rolled a couple of his sets out of the cabinet, mixed them with Maison Militarie, Tradition, Stadden and Barracks and they look as sharp as ever!!!

It is really odd that all the molds and castings have vanished as well as all the painted figures ready for sale. It is a great mystery that no one has come forward. It must have been a private collector and not a dealer. Whoever it was they got a treasure.

Randy

One of my prized Wilson Edward pieces: Australian Light Horse Trooper - 12th (New South Wales) Regiment, 4th Brigade - Syria 1917 in "Mounted Service Dress". He will be missed and remembered.

IMG_1856.JPGIMG_1857.JPG

It is a pitty to remember that by December we will click in another year without Craig´s enthusiasm....I really miss him and his great ideas....To this date one can mix and mingle his great sets with other great names as Stadden, Barracks, Yeomanry, New Hope and Tradition and it is as if they all make part of a great project so easily they match:salute::pitty no one knows what has happened with his great molds and projects.....miss the friend and sets..:):)

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 208
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 205
It is really odd that all the molds and castings have vanished as well as all the painted figures ready for sale. It is a great mystery that no one has come forward. It must have been a private collector and not a dealer. Whoever it was they got a treasure.

Randy

Three years after his tragic passing Craig's beloved business is very much safe and sound with his sons, Christian and Harry, in his original home in Bendigo, exactly where it should be and where his business, passion and ideas originated. The figures he had painted/primed are in a display cabinet. All his moulds are safe with Nick. There are hundreds of castings packed away in their original storage containers as neatly and as organised as Craig would have wanted. His packaging, his paints, his brushes and even his glasses have returned home to us. As to, 'where to from here' with Wilson Edward Toy Soldiers, we are unsure.

Three years after his tragic passing Craig's beloved business is very much safe and sound with his sons, Christian and Harry, in his original home in Bendigo, exactly where it should be and where his business, passion and ideas originated. The figures he had painted/primed are in a display cabinet. All his moulds are safe with Nick. There are hundreds of castings packed away in their original storage containers as neatly and as organised as Craig would have wanted. His packaging, his paints, his brushes and even his glasses have returned home to us. As to, 'where to from here' with Wilson Edward Toy Soldiers, we are unsure.

Thanks for letting us all know that WETS is in safe hands, and that when you have decided on what way to go in continuing Craig's wonderful legacy for our hobby, that the complete business can continue.

Please keep us informed, as there are collectors worldwide who would love to have more of these fine figures in their collections, so I'm sure that there is a willing customer base waiting.

All the best for the future, and this great little Aussie Company,

John

Thanks for letting us all know that WETS is in safe hands, and that when you have decided on what way to go in continuing Craig's wonderful legacy for our hobby, that the complete business can continue.

Please keep us informed, as there are collectors worldwide who would love to have more of these fine figures in their collections, so I'm sure that there is a willing customer base waiting.

All the best for the future, and this great little Aussie Company,

John

Hi John, Christian and Harry,

This is very good news that Craig´s Legacy and enthusiasm to the hobby has great support and all is kept is such great shape.
As John mentioned, in case you both consider rolling WETS out again you will not go short of anxious collectors and supporters.......
Count me in.....
Cheers
Luiz ( Artillery Crazy )

Hi Christian and Harry,

As a collector I knew your Dad due to our common interest in Toy Soldier Collecting and the special interest in Victorian Armies.
I have sent you a private message please check it and let me know on a reverse pvt msg.

Best Regards,

Luiz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back