Winter King Tiger (1 Viewer)

Kurt

Sergeant
I'm really disappointed because I've been wanting a Winter King Tiger for a long time, but wanted it to be white-washed? What's the deal? Historically, were only some or none of the Bulge King Tigers white-washed? :confused:

Gees,

I thought someone would mention this sooner today, LOL. "You can satisfy some of the people some of the time and ....."

Alex...Alex...need a custom paint job here but quick!

Just kidding,

Carlos

Ya and I'm really Disapointed not to get a Winter Crapper with the Winter Swimwagen!!
Ray

I'm sure some of the tanks were white washed but think if it this way if it does not snow for a few days the snow would melt right off cause the sun

I'm really disappointed because I've been wanting a Winter King Tiger for a long time, but wanted it to be white-washed? What's the deal? Historically, were only some or none of the Bulge King Tigers white-washed? :confused:

Most of the KT's used in the Ardennes were in the ambush pattern, especially the ones with Peiper. I still think they will do a winter tank soon, a late war stug would be great!! IMO, the KT looks great in the ambush pattern!!

Regarding the actual Battle of the Bulge (and not the 1960's version we all know and love), the first 8 or 9 days of the campaign were fought over basically snow free terrain, the snow didn't hit close to New Years...................

I cannot wait to get my hands on that piece. King Tiger here I am.:D

I think the king tiger looks spot on Historically & Are be buying one

i think sooner or later KC will repaint that cat King Tiger, tweak the damages a bit, change the crew and viola!

a new whitewashed winter King Tiger!;)

and i'll buy that one too. (especially if they rerelease it with Fallschirjager tank riders) :D

I love the new KT and although i wanted a whitewashed version i think i prefer this new one.The new dio from Gordon demonstrates how well it goes with the new 250 and schwimm.

Rob

This Tiger is perfect for the Battle of the Bulge. In fact I believe K&C did their homework. To me this looks like:

Tiger 313 3./s.SS.Pz.Abt.501 (SS-Hscha Peter Kisters). The blue numerals with yellow outline point to 3rd company 501st SS heavy tank battalion. This tank survived the Battle of the Bulge and was finally lost in Hungary in March 1945.

I have found no evidence to indicate that any of the Tigers IIs in the Ardennes campaign were whitewashed. These include the Tiger IIs of s.SS.Pz.Abt.501 and s.H.Pz.Abt.506.

The Tiger IIs that fought in Hungary on the other hand were definitely whitewashed. I suspect it will only be a matter of time before this one is re-released in whitewash, hopefully over top of this excellent camouflage paint with it showing through. :cool:

A good book that demonstrates the conditions early in the Battle of the Bulge is this one. This book traces the lead elements of Kampfgruppe Peiper in the Ardennes (Panthers, Panzer IVs and SPWs)

http://www.rzm.com/books/afv/duel.cfm

fmethorst is correct. i made mention of this title, "Duel In The Mist" in the book thread some time back. it is a Kampfgruppe Peiper book with many great illustrations, in color and black and white. it is volume 1 in a projected multi book set and as such is narrowly aimed at just one day, Dec. 19, 1944 at Stoumont. you Bulge fans should check it out. do not let the price scare ypu off. it is an outstanding piece of research. -- lancer

"This Tiger is perfect for the Battle of the Bulge. In fact I believe K&C did their homework. To me this looks like:

Tiger 313 3./s.SS.Pz.Abt.501 (SS-Hscha Peter Kisters). The blue numerals with yellow outline point to 3rd company 501st SS heavy tank battalion. This tank survived the Battle of the Bulge and was finally lost in Hungary in March 1945.

I have found no evidence to indicate that any of the Tigers IIs in the Ardennes campaign were whitewashed. These include the Tiger IIs of s.SS.Pz.Abt.501 and s.H.Pz.Abt.506.

The Tiger IIs that fought in Hungary on the other hand were definitely whitewashed. I suspect it will only be a matter of time before this one is re-released in whitewash, hopefully over top of this excellent camouflage paint with it showing through. :cool:

A good book that demonstrates the conditions early in the Battle of the Bulge is this one. This book traces the lead elements of Kampfgruppe Peiper in the Ardennes (Panthers, Panzer IVs and SPWs)"

Outstanding research job as usual Frank, so there you go everyone, historically accurate to a T and as Frank pointed out, NO evidence exists of any Tiger II's being white washed.

You know your stuff Frank, many thanks for your continued posts on this forum, I appreciate what you bring to the table............................

Its settled then, Frank has verified this cat!:D

So this one for the Bulge, and the ehemm.. "future whitewashed version" for Operation Konrad in Hungary.;)

One for Western Front and One for the Eastern front. :)

So this one for the Bulge, and the ehemm.. "future whitewashed version" for Operation Konrad in Hungary.;)

One for Western Front and One for the Eastern front. :)

What! Another repaint:eek:! Actually if I had any painting skills I wouldn't wait for the "future" version but alas...:eek:. Patience is a virtue, or so they say.

What! Another repaint:eek:! Actually if I had any painting skills I wouldn't wait for the "future" version but alas...:eek:. Patience is a virtue, or so they say.

At the price listed for the KT, if they want to repaint, they should also change (not repaint) the crew, modify the damages, and also the KT unit number.;)

from what ive seen on the website the new king tiger goes up a level in my opinion,the weathering and worn look as well as the crew k&c are moving away from the toy soldier look to the scale model replica stuff you see in model magazines.

"from what ive seen on the website the new king tiger goes up a level in my opinion,the weathering and worn look as well as the crew k&c are moving away from the toy soldier look to the scale model replica stuff you see in model magazines."

Couldn't agree more, it looks more like a built up 1/30th scale model kit than a traditional toy soldier look.

Can't wait to see in person in less than three weeks...........

At the price listed for the KT, if they want to repaint, they should also change (not repaint) the crew, modify the damages, and also the KT unit number.;)

All great suggestions! So when is it coming out Andy?:cool: Although I must confess to switching my crews out anyway:eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back