WK's Masters of the Universe in 30mm scale (2 Viewers)

Great brush work. I like the contrast and the harmonic colour combination of the figurines. Great stuff - keep posting please.
groetjes
Wolfgang

I do wonder if the pun was intended with that "great brush work". ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, gentlemen. I like him a bit more with some distance.
No pine scent I'm afraid. ;)

Great Rebellion - Bright Moon Guards with Laserguns

My second set of Bright Moon guards, this time armed with some firepower. I strongly considered painting these in the same blue uniform as the earlier ones, but my compulsion to stick to canon representation won out and I painted them in the orange and red uniform from the She-Ra cartoon, despite my misgivings about yet another troop type sporting mostly orange clothes. The orange and red doesn't offer much contrast with the skintone either, contrary to the light blue, so I did end up regretting my decision.

Brightmoon%2BGuards%2B2a.jpg

Brightmoon%2BGuards%2B2f.jpg

Brightmoon%2BGuards%2B2c.jpg

Brightmoon%2BGuards%2B2b.jpg

The two divisions of the Bright Moon guard, side by side:

Brightmoon%2BGuards%2B2d.jpg

Taking on some Horde Troopers:
Brightmoon%2BGuards%2B2e.jpg

Evil Warriors - Scareglow, evil ghost of Skeletor

https://motu-wargames.blogspot.com/2020/11/evil-warriors-scareglow-evil-ghost-of.html

Scareglow is a skeletal ghost warrior who serves Skeletor. He seems to have a solid but translucent body with his bones emitting a strong glow in the dark, which can intimidate even the bravest opponents. He wears a long purple cape and carries a halberd.

Scareglow%2B1a.jpg

The model is slightly re-imagined to show a Scareglow as he might have looked in the Filmation style, which matches the bulk of my collection.

Scareglow%2B1b.jpg

Scareglow%2B1c.jpg

Now this looks ominous...

Scareglow%2B1d.jpg

One of the things that made the original Scareglow model stand out, besides looking badass, is that his body was made from glow in the dark plastic. While such a feature has no practical use for a miniatures collection, it still needed to be attempted. I purchased my first glow in the dark paints and used them on his body and halberd. It was interesting to discover the glow in the dark paint is transparant and goes over a regular paintjob. It only really works on a clear base colour, so I had to abandon my plans for glowing red eyes (as I wanted them to look red in normal light too). It worked okay on the light green halberd. The reason the glow looks a bit uneven in places is because the model is shaded and highlighted and the glow is less strong on the shaded parts. Still, as a gimmick done for fun, the result is satisfactory. I should also keep in mind it hasn't had a chance yet to soak up a few hours of sunlight for a stronger glow.

Scareglow%2B1h.jpg

Scareglow%2B1e.jpg

Skeletor summoned Scareglow from across space and time...

Scareglow%2B1f.jpg

Careful, he looks dangerous...

Scareglow%2B1g.jpg

I don't know where you came from, but you will find Eternia is no easy conquest!

Have not seen anything for a while from you WK, but this is a fitting return, quite different using this technique, but very effective. Robin.

Thank you Robin. Work keeps me away from the toys unfortunately, so progress is irregular, but I'm always working on something.:)

The glow in the dark effect was a new experiment for me and fun, although it serves no real purpose other than a nod to the original toy this figure is inspired by.

Snake Men - King Hiss

King Hiss is the ruthless ruler of the Snake Men, once a race of interstellar conquerors long ago, in the Preternia age. Hiss and his Snake Men were eventually defeated by the combined magic powers of the planet's Elders, and imprisoned in the void, a limbo-like dimension. After millennia of imprisonment, King Hiss and a handful of his followers were freed by Skeletor, who desired to learn the secrets of the Snake Men. The two villains formed an alliance to conquer Eternia and destroy He-Man, but naturally both planned to betray each other at the opportune moment.

King Hiss hides his true nature under the appearance of a heroic human. Underneath lurks his true form, an upper body comprised of five intertwined serpents.

King%2BHiss%2B1a.jpg

King Hiss, ruler of the Snake Men

King%2BHiss%2B1b.jpg

While King Hiss never appeared in the Filmation cartoon, I nonetheless attempted to use bright colours to give him that general look and feel. Details on the shield seem a bit washed out in the pictures. The model is a limited release from a fanbased private commission and fits right in with the others, despite being from a different sculptor.

King%2BHiss%2B1c.jpg

King%2BHiss%2B1d.jpg

King Hiss after just being freed from his banishment by Skeletor as in the original minicomic

King%2BHiss%2B1e.jpg

King%2BHiss%2B1f.jpg

That man looks quite heroic, He-Man. Maybe he is a potential ally.

King%2BHiss%2B1g.jpg

I'm not so sure about that, Orko...

The small group of Snake Men figures so far. I clearly need to invest more time in this faction.
King%2BHiss%2B1h.jpg

have the old He-Men & Castle Greyskull and all, love your collection, go Mer-Man,
best wishes, Paddy

Snake Men - King Hiss on Tyrantisaurus Rex

https://motu-wargames.blogspot.com/2020/12/snake-men-king-hiss-on-tyrantisaurus-rex.html

A fearsome ruler like King Hiss needs a fearsome mount. Tyrantisaurus Rex was his favoured mount in Preternia times, now transported to the age of Eternia to help him smite his foes He-Man and Skeletor. Tyrantisaurus Rex is a bionic version of a T-Rex, that carries King Hissinto battle against He-Man in the jungles of Preternia.

King%2BHiss%2B2a.jpg

Tyrantisaurus Rex was brilliantly converted for me by John Pickford from a heroclix "Devil Dinosaur and Moonboy" model. King hiss was converted by myself from the foot version to fit on the dino's back. The base is a blank from Fenris Games, to which I added the flagstone with putty.

King%2BHiss%2B2b.jpg

King%2BHiss%2B2c.jpg

King%2BHiss%2B2d.jpg

King%2BHiss%2B2e.jpg

King%2BHiss%2B2f.jpg

The inspiration below. Mine ended up a bit more purple perhaps, but I still like the result.

King%2BHiss%2B2g.jpg

King Hiss facing off against Skeletor:
King%2BHiss%2B2h.jpg

I... should have brought a bigger dragon...

King%2BHiss%2B2i.jpg

It's just a big lizard, Battlecat, we've seen worse... I hope...

King%2BHiss%2B2j.jpg

King Hiss, mounted and on foot

Like it a lot. Very striking piece and a worthy addition. Well done on the conversion. Robin.

Heroic Warriors - Prince Adam
The lazy, cowardly and foppish Prince Adam seems a constant disappointment to his parents and his childhood friend Teela. Few people would suspect this persona is designed to hide the fact that he turns into Eternia's mightiest hero, He-Man, when he holds aloft his sword and mutters those powerful words... "By the power of Grayskull..."

Prince%2BAdam%2B1a.jpg

Prince Adam is depicted here in the midst of raising his sword, about to utter the famous words that will turn him into He-Man. While the figure is an excellent sculpt, I seem to always struggle with Adam/He-Man's face, so I don't consider this one of my better paintjobs. Still, he'll work well enough for a character who's only supposed to remain on the table long enough to find some cover so he can transform into the real hero of the game.

Prince%2BAdam%2B1b.jpg

Prince%2BAdam%2B1c.jpg

Prince Adam flanked by some Eternos Guards for protection (or so they think)

?? WK ??

I had a look through my list of more than 2500 makers of figurines, old and new and still .... WK ?
My guess ( and only a guess ) It coud be part of Warhammer from Games Workshop ?

So .. what does WK stand for in this case ?

?? WK ??

I had a look through my list of more than 2500 makers of figurines, old and new and still .... WK ?
My guess ( and only a guess ) It coud be part of Warhammer from Games Workshop ?

So .. what does WK stand for in this case ?
I think White Knight-the forum name of the gentleman converting the figures.

That is indeed correct. As for the source of the figures, some are converted and some are sourced as is from different places, limited, OOP or otherwise.

Heroic Warriors - Fisto
One of the classic Heroic Warriors, Fisto is a large and muscular warrior with reddish-brown hair and a manly beard, armed with a large metal fist and a sword. The large fist seems to be a prosthetic attachment after a sustained injury in his youth and is able to smash through rock and other hard surfaces. It has been suggested in some continuities that he is the brother of Man-At-Arms and the biological father of Teela.

Fisto%2B1a.jpg

The figure combines elements from his Filmation design (armour, belt, fist) and from the toy design (sword, presence of a wrist-protection, although rendered in the Filmation style).

Fisto%2B1b.jpg

Fisto%2B1c.jpg

Prepare to feel my fist, tin man!

Fisto%2B1e.jpg

Fisto%2B1f.jpg

You're not leaving here until you tell me who is my real father!

Heroic Warriors - Baracus, Heroic Pitier of Fools

Baracus is a former Eternos Guard turned mercenary after getting falsely accused of a crime he didn't commit. With his record for insubordination and starting (and finishing) tavern brawls, he didn't stick around to try and prove his innocence. His heroic nature prevailed though and in time, he crossed path with the Heroic Warriors and joined them on more than one occasion. Baracus goes into battle with his battle armour, golden fist glove and Etherian lasergun. Being the flamboyant character that he is, it is often said he has more bling on him than even King Randor. Only a fool would say that to his face though, as most sensible people know he does not suffer fools lightly...

Baracus%2B1a.jpg

Baracus, the Heroic Pitier of Fools

Baracus%2B1b.jpg

Baracus%2B1c.jpg

Baracus%2B1d.jpg

I based the character on the Mr. T MotU & WWE crossover figure, with some changes to accomodate what I had at my disposal. I opted to include some influences from his A-Team alter ago, notably the golden chains and the gun. I also took his name from there, after considering other options like Pitior or Warrior T. The figure is a conversion using parts from a Jitsu (body), a Fisto (fist), a Brightmoon Guard (gun) and a head from a Hardcore Miniatures figure. I'm relatively happy with how he came out.

Baracus%2B1k.jpg

The inspiration for the figure

Baracus%2B1f.jpg

Twin Fists of Power!

Baracus%2B1e.jpg

I pity the fool who works for Skeletor!

Baracus%2B1g.jpg

I pity the fool who gives black people a bad name!

Baracus%2B1h.jpg

I pity the tin can that's about to feel the crunch of my fist!

Baracus%2B1j.jpg

I pity the fool who goes up against He-Man!

Cosmic Enforcers - Tekno, with Laser Arm

The Cosmic Enforcers are neutral characters, who are guardians tasked with maintaining balance in the Universe. They participate little in conflict but can aid either the heroic or evil sides in their hour of need. The most famous of their kind is Zodac/Zodak, but there are others that exist in canon and beyond. Tekno is one such Enforcer. Equipped with an interchangeable mechanical arm, like Trapjaw, Tekno appears to be a cyborg.

Tekno%2B1a.jpg

The model is a conversion, based on a privately commissioned model with the addition of a Quest Miniatures Trapjaw arm. For the base colour, grey was chosen to reflect the neutral stance of this faction.

Tekno%2B1b.jpg

Tekno is a bit of an unusual character in that, although adopted by many fans as another Cosmic Enforcer, he wasn't a real MotU character. In the early 2000s, Argentina toy company Tops Toys released a range of action figures using the vintage MotU moulds, combining and recolouring parts to create all new characters under the Fuerza-T label. Tekno, was one such characters, combining parts from, among others, Zodak, Trapjaw, Man-E-Faces and standard furred boots, with the addition of a smooth version of the furry trunks.

Packaging of the action figure and fantastic fan art by Mike Bock:
Tekno%2B1e.jpg
Tekno%2B1f.jpg

Tekno%2B1c.jpg

You do not belong here, Anti-He-Man!

Tekno%2B1d.jpg

The balance must be preserved! Turn back or perish, minions of Skeletor!

Cosmic Enforcers - Tekno, with Claw Arm

The Cosmic Enforcer Tekno is a cyborg, having different types of mechanical arms at his disposal, much like the fiend Trap Jaw. Here, he is shown with his Claw Arm.

Tekno%2B2a.jpg

Tekno%2B2b.jpg

With Tekno having no fixed background in MotU canon, I'm still undecided whether to make him a full-fledged character or to use him as an armybuilder type grunt, to give some low level warriors to this faction, like with the Eternos guards and Skeletor's various cannon fodder. There is a certain simplicity to the Tekno uniform when compared to other Cosmic Enforcers like Zodac or Strobo.

Tekno%2B2c.jpg

Claw against claw!

Tekno%2B2d.jpg

Your swords are no match for my steel claw!

Tekno%2B2e.jpg

Both my versions of Tekno so far

Expanding the 30mm scale MotU project with Thundercats characters (after all, it's canon now), starting with the powered up Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living!
https://motu-wargames.blogspot.com/2021/01/mumm-ra-mutants-mumm-ra-ever-living.html

Mumm-Ra is the main antagonist of the ThunderCats and, like Skeletor, a powerful sorceror. The Thundercats are the only thing standing in his way of ruling Third Earth with evil. His normal appearance is that of a weakened, withered mummy. He serves as the undead focus for the Ancient Spirits of Evil—four god-like entities of nearly unlimited power, whose influence is limited to the Black Pyramids, so that they can only interact with the outside world through Mumm-Ra. They provide him with immortality, as granted through his sarcophagus in exchange for perpetual servitude. He can call upon them to alter his form by reciting the following incantation: "Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!", transforming him into a tall, muscular fiend.

Mumm-Ra%2B1a.jpg

A recent DC comic miniseries saw the heroes and fiends of Third Earth crossover into Eternia, with Skeletor and Mumm-Ra joining forces and the Thundercats teaming up with the Heroic warriors to defeat them. Hence, I'm feeling there is enough basis to include them into this project and the powered up Mumm-Ra is the first one to join.

Mumm-Ra%2B1b.jpg

The model was a limited edition 'not' Mumm-Ra tribute, which was further converted by my friend Fancagne Didier to perfectly match the original cartoon's fiend's appearance. Being a big fellow, he has a larger base than the other figures.

Mumm-Ra%2B1c.jpg

To illustrate the size, and as I haven't painted any Thundercats yet, Mumm-Ra is show here with another great evil, King Hiss.

Mumm-Ra%2B1d.jpg

He may seem big, but that is the appropriate size as Mumm-Ra, in his Ever-Living form, was much larger than anyone else, which as a kid bothered me immensely since I had gotten used to MotU's everyone-comes-from-the-same-mould approach.

Mumm-Ra%2B1e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back