Wm. Hocker Imperial Durbar (1 Viewer)

Pat-appreciate the compliment! Hope you will post some photos of your Durbar sets at some point.

Hi ROAN,

Yes, I will post some pictures of my Durbar sets at some point in the future. Presently, I am arranging a number of displays and I am not prepared to photograph my Durbar collection. When all is ready, I will take pictures and post them for others to see.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

I did not know that. I have them mixed up:eek: Sigh, live and learn. Still very nice and I am happy I have the set I do.

Hi Vamp,

Unless you pay very special attention to the fact that there were three major Delhi Durbars (1877, 1903, and 1911), it is extremely easy to mix the figures without realizing that some of them might belong to another event. Nevertheless, they blend quite well and, as I said earlier, they are breathtakingly beautiful. Only the most astute student of the Durbars would ever realize the figures are blended. The most important thing is to enjoy what you have and display them in a manner that pleases you.

Pat :)

Hi Vamp,

Unless you pay very special attention to the fact that there were three major Delhi Durbars (1877, 1903, and 1911), it is extremely easy to mix the figures without realizing that some of them might belong to another event. Nevertheless, they blend quite well and, as I said earlier, they are breathtakingly beautiful. Only the most astute student of the Durbars would ever realize the figures are blended. The most important thing is to enjoy what you have and display them in a manner that pleases you.

Pat :)

Well in that respect you could say I nailed it! Looking forward to the pictures from your collection. I moved my stuff so it is all together. Looks good but small

Well in that respect you could say I nailed it! Looking forward to the pictures from your collection. I moved my stuff so it is all together. Looks good but small

Hi Vamp,

I certainly have no doubt that, as you say, you nailed it! How about showing us some pictures? :cool:

Pat ;)

Hello & Thank you Roan -I admire these pics obsessively -that is some masterwork toy soldiery there and your pics are my absolute favs in the forum.That covered vehicle is breathtaking and lovingly photographed.Thanks again,Best,oldboy

Nice photos and I'm sure it's a very nice set. I have a few Hocker sets myself and I like every one of them. They are more Britains than Britains. His site is excellent, the packaging is traditional and they represent, for me. the toy soldiers of my childhood.
It would be nice to see Bill expand into the French-Indian Wars, or at least expand his Cowboy and Indian theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back