Woirking on a small OMAHA beach diorama (1 Viewer)

Guy

Major
I started working on a small (18cm/25cm) D-Day Omaha beach diorama ( 1st US infantry)
Testing out several methods to imitate the sand, making and painting the beach obstacles, imitating the wet trousers of the soldiers,turning Rangers into Infantry,
making the sea with small waves at the tide -line, imitating bullet impacts in the sand and the water, etc .....
Will keep you posted
Guy:smile2:
DSCI0028_37a.jpg

That's a great idea, mate! :smile2: I love small dioramas...:rolleyes: I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do. Wherever you're going, I'm sure it'll be sensational!:)

Cheers

Enrico :salute::

Guy, as with all of your projects, I'm sure this one will also be a a major display of diorama mastery!

One of the best items about this forum is the information and knowledge that gets passed on from the master craftsmen and builders to the newbies.
As always, Guy, looking to learn a few tricks from the "Houdini of the T.S. Diorama World." .... ^&grin

--- LaRRy

I started working on a small (18cm/25cm) D-Day Omaha beach diorama ( 1st US infantry)
Testing out several methods to imitate the sand, making and painting the beach obstacles, imitating the wet trousers of the soldiers,turning Rangers into Infantry,
making the sea with small waves at the tide -line, imitating bullet impacts in the sand and the water, etc .....
Will keep you posted
View attachment 231154

nice start Guy!👍👍👍
Are you going to equip the figures of the big red one with gas mask bags and life swim belt ?

Harrie🇳🇱

Last edited:
Nice bud but you have a glider infantryman on beach bud.

Scott

yes I know , but he will become a Big red one infantry member ( it's just to show the composition of the small diorama), I am waiting for the right troops to arrive in my TS shop))
guy:smile2:

nice start Guy!������
Are you going to equip the figures of the big red one with gas mask bags and life swim belt ?

Harrie����

some of them will have the full equipment

some of them will have the full equipment

lot of progress already made
( how , ? see diorama section of this forum)
adding the water could still ruin everthing
lots of detail still to add
DSCI0045_b10.jpg

Your moment in time on a D Day beach display is looking terrific Guy and I'm sure your water effect will be impressive too and look forward to seeing how you manage to achieve it.

Steve

I never would have thought of sinking the bases in the foam.
It gives a much cleaner look and simpler to conceal.
I can't wait to try that. Another thing learned on the forum.
Chuck

I never would have thought of sinking the bases in the foam.
It gives a much cleaner look and simpler to conceal.
I can't wait to try that. Another thing learned on the forum.
Chuck

Nice that I could help you improve the presentation of your collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back