World War II Leaders (1 Viewer)

Richard Walker

Private
Hi Everyone - thought I would put up a few shots of the new WWII leaders and personalities series. They are all cast out of metal and hand painted with some shading and highlighting. The figures are sculpted by a Polish sculptor who does a wonderful job capturing the look of the men.

The intention with this series was to keep true to the Del Prado series collecting, but with an added eye toward consistent sculpting, painting and size of figures at an affordable price. These first three are running low, but we will be restocked in February when the new releases arrive.

Another seven in the works...stay tuned. These are priced at $22 each and are available from Treefrog, Sierra, For the Historian, Maitland, The Toy Soldier Company, Gettysburg Toy Soldier, Hobby Bunker, Green's, Dutkin's and Historic Sales.

Thanks!
Richard

WW10002LR.jpg

WW10009LR.jpg

WW10007LR.jpg

Richard; what size are these figures? Del Prado typically runs a bit larger than 60mm!

Sorry Katana should have said - 1/30th scale or 58mm. They fit very well with existing WWII 1/30th scale manufacturers.

Thanks for sharing the announcement, Richard! They look great, and that's a very reasonable price, too! Who do these three figures depict?

Prost!
Brad

Hi Baron:

From top to bottom:
General Omar Bradley
Brig. General James Gavin, 82nd Airborne
Captain Otto Skorzeny, Jagdverbande 52

Thanks,

Richard

Richard; what size are these figures? Del Prado typically runs a bit larger than 60mm!

Picked up the general gavin figure, it is closer to king and country and del Prada size, a bit to large for britains and conte size, but nice sculpt and paint

Hi Baron:

From top to bottom:
General Omar Bradley
Brig. General James Gavin, 82nd Airborne
Captain Otto Skorzeny, Jagdverbande 52

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks, Richard! I thought that might be Gavin. And now that you mention it, that does look like Karl Malden! ;)

Prost!
Brad

Picked up the general gavin figure, it is closer to king and country and del Prada size, a bit to large for britains and conte size, but nice sculpt and paint

Thank you for the kind remarks Bud. You are correct these definately fit better with K&C, Gunn, etc. than WB. Another seven on the way. More info soon. Have a Merry Christmas.

Thanks, Richard! I thought that might be Gavin. And now that you mention it, that does look like Karl Malden! ;)

Prost!
Brad

Wise guy!!! Ha...it does look like Karl Malden, as a matter of fact I am going to buy some American Express Travellers checks right now!!!

And just to see where the inspiration came from on these (the first image is for you Brad!):

Bradley tanker jacket movie.jpg

jacket stars and A.jpg

Gavin with all gear walking.jpg

Skorzeny Gran Sasso photo.jpg

Skorzeny does have the scar on his cheek by the way...

Thanks again Brad, always a pleasure.

Richard

Attachments

• Bradley tanker jacket and binoculars out of case.jpg
    Bradley tanker jacket and binoculars out of case.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 321

Users who are viewing this thread

Back