WS 69 Stug No 501 ?! (1 Viewer)

Jazzeum, I was trying to be funny. I got lost after reading about the second line of Cannonfodders post.
All kidding aside, I personally don,t see any big deal in this in the first place.
I got my stug yesterday, put it on a shelf to display, put my certificate back in the box and that,s it.
If there were 100,000 collectors out there, each trying for one of 500 stugs I could see it. But I,m sure as of the present 90% of K&C collecters who wanted a stug got one. I wouldn,t pay an extra dollar for #501. Well maybe a dollar, but not two.
Gary

Brad, Gray,
Sometimes I post post too much on the issues that concern collectors a lot less. (I think Gary corrected my fascinating calculations regarding the WS15W Winter Tiger before). Brad, I probably need more K&C sets and less estimating the permutations and combinations regarding them! :D
Joe

Gary, I agree with you about not paying a dollar or two more. That whole thing is nutty. Joe, I always find your post fascinating. I would love to meet you one and discuss things, and not just K & C.

BTW, Joe, I asked Zinnfiguren to send me an invoice for the War Bird. They would charge $216. What do you think about that?

Hey, Brad if you have something to trade I have a Me-109 with an awkward propeller if interested.

Re: WS 69 Stug No 501 ?! From Andy

King & Country said:
Dear Guys,

Concerning some comments on this and the other forum regarding certificate numbers for the strictly limited “STUG”.

From investigation it seems our printer actually “over printed” our certificates. We’ve discovered numbers in our warehouse in Hong Kong up to 507.

We already know 501 is with our dealer Eric Thorsen. Certificate # 502, 504, 505, 506 and 507 are still in HK. Only 503 is missing and God Knows Where.

Now, to hopefully, set your minds at rest we do know we only received 500 “STUG” Models. Exactly 500 not one more … not one less and that’s what we paid for.

Even in the best companies SNAFU’s happen. I can only apologise to all of you for this particular one.

Believe me – my own and King & Country’s reputation means too much to try to pull such a stupid stunt on K&C dealers and collectors.

I can only hope that all of you who know me will also agree that this is not K&C style and not the way we do business.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,

Andy
ANDY
I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE #505 STUG PIECE AS THATS MY LUCKY U BOAT NUMBER AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS HANSU505 AS WELL AS MY NY STATE LICENCE PLATE IXC U505 WOULD YOU CONSIDER ? I HAVE ONE ON ORDER FROM GEORGE G. NOT RECIEVED YET BUT WOULD EXCHANGE FOR THE # 505
REGARDS
DOUG STORK

Last edited:
i will look again,but i saw no certificate in the box with my new stug;
apparently i am not alone in this ,wonder if andy could comment on the missing certificates.
h.hammer

jazzeum said:
Gary, I agree with you about not paying a dollar or two more. That whole thing is nutty. Joe, I always find your post fascinating. I would love to meet you one and discuss things, and not just K & C.

BTW, Joe, I asked Zinnfiguren to send me an invoice for the War Bird. They would charge $216. What do you think about that?

If the $216 includes trans-Atlantic shipping then it's not a bad price at all. If Alex can go lower then why not check out what's on offer? They originally retailed for $99 so allowing for inflation the price point should be somewhere around $115 by now anyway. If you got it for $150-$175 with $25 shipping on eBay you'd be in bargain territory. At present there are "buy it now" people who'll hand over $300 on impulse but I'm not sure how representative that is of the market. I'd say $200-$250 is about the range, and $216 is mid-point in that. I'd say it's worth it.

Now back to the WS69 issue: I'm still waiting delivery but in anticipation of a box without a cert I've decided to copy and paste the cert image from Eric's forum and use that as an alternative.

The only problem with Alex's offer is the propeller. I'd rather have it in mint condition. I'm not sure I'll pull the plug on this one but I am thinking about it. I did score the brochure today that talks about it. In fact, I got a lot of old brochures today. Pretty neat.

Re: WS 69 Stug No 501 ?! From Andy

Doug Stork said:
ANDY
I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE #505 STUG PIECE AS THATS MY LUCKY U BOAT NUMBER AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS HANSU505 AS WELL AS MY NY STATE LICENCE PLATE IXC U505 WOULD YOU CONSIDER ? I HAVE ONE ON ORDER FROM GEORGE G. NOT RECIEVED YET BUT WOULD EXCHANGE FOR THE # 505
REGARDS
DOUG STORK

Doug, why don't you send Andy a post. It's a little irregular but there seems to have been a few irregularities already so at this point, what the heck, for an esteemed collector like you and I say this in all seriousness, no kidding around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back