X-Force Future release (3 Viewers)

So X-Force has abandoned their WW2 figures? No word for a long time.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Been away from posting for a while - just been looking at the XForce website and amazed at the detail involved especially the French Line Lancer mounted cavalry and the mounted French Dragoons. Will have to get these to paint up.

These sets are getting to be very detailed.

Just assembled the 17th Lancers set of 5 cavalry from the 1879 Zulu War and they will paint up well.

They are semi-kit sets with choices of arms and weaponry and you can have the heads and arms in different positions to create variety. Some of the horse have options on heads and legs too.

The other thing very significant is the type of plastic used which has few flash lines which are easily trimmed and it glues together without fuss. Best of all its that solid-ish type of plastic which paints well without flaking the paint yet its slightly flexible.

The only thing you may have to do extra is add a tiny amount of putty filler around the arms where they plug in with some pose angles.

Best I have seen so far in plastic and hope to get hold of the Napoleonic cavalry especially the French Line Lancers which look very good.

I have been curious about the French line officers. Does anyone know how the scale compares with others? I know at least some of their other figures are closer to 60mm.
How do they compare against Timpo, BMC, ACTA? Or are they closer to Victrix size?

I have been curious about the French line officers. Does anyone know how the scale compares with others? I know at least some of their other figures are closer to 60mm.
How do they compare against Timpo, BMC, ACTA? Or are they closer to Victrix size?
They will fit fine with 1/32. Airfix compatible. Here is a few shots of them set up with a few other makers, you should get the idea from these limited pictures from this site link . http://54mmmen.blogspot.com/

I have the French myself, they are bigger then Airfix.......I would still use them on the same table, but not side by side.
Go well with Hat, I would not call them 60mm...just the bigger end of the 54mm scale!

They will fit fine with 1/32. Airfix compatible. Here is a few shots of them set up with a few other makers, you should get the idea from these limited pictures from this site link . http://54mmmen.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Also, nice blog. I like what you did with your paint conversions and how you mix so many different manufacturers in your battles. Looks great!

I have the French myself, they are bigger then Airfix.......I would still use them on the same table, but not side by side.
Go well with Hat, I would not call them 60mm...just the bigger end of the 54mm scale!

Great! The immediate side by side comparison is very helpful. And I have actually been looking at the conte guys too but couldn't decide based on size. Thanks!

Been busy assembling some of these Napoleonic sets and mid way through painting the Brit infantry.

These are class and multi poses arms and heads for variety.

Just got some of the cavalry off Steve Weston and will post pics when painted up

cheers
Dave

Anyone know how long X-Force's shipping time is to the US? I appreciate their free shipping.

I'm in the same boat, ordered the French line Lancers + Belgic British
Placed the order on the 10/12 {may have left it to late}but still hope to get them before Xmas...I like the free shipping.

From Scott Lam :

Hi Scott,

Apologies for the delay in shipping.

Your parcel tracking

RD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Shipped on 12 Dec.

It takes about 18-24 working days to reach USA.

Cheers,
scott

Thanks for the info ExForce.

Hey gents, I was just gifted a few sets, and I was wondering if there is any particular glue that works best on this plastic? Thanks and happy holidays!

Hey gents, I was just gifted a few sets, and I was wondering if there is any particular glue that works best on this plastic? Thanks and happy holidays!

I use Loc-tite gel. I used to use the non-gel stuff, but ended up with runny glue (it leaked onto the figures) that took forever to dry.

I used Loc tite gel for assembling a 1/35 Tamiya sherman. I love this, works great.
Benjamin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back