Yanks Capture Tunisian Tiger (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
This morning I found this cover from Yank magazine showing American GIs with a captured Tunisian Tiger. I think this would inspiration for a great diorama of GI's in North Africa. You could use some of the D Day K&C figures in it since the Third Infantry Division served in North Africa as part of Operation Torch and they are wearing the correct uniforms. Note the dark color of the Tiger--perhaps one of the pea green ones used in Tunisia which had a greener environment. BTW--you don't need to break the 88 on your Tigers for the dio:D Randy
Here is the magazine's blurb about the photo:
"This vicious-looking machine, photographed by YANK's Sgt. George Aarons during the Tunisian campaign, is a PzKW VI (Panzer Kampfwagen) which translates literally as armored battlewagon. More often it was called the Tiger, but here with the sleeve knocked off its 88-mm cannon and resting against the muzzle brake, it is definitely a tamed one."

Attachments

• yank1sm.jpg
    yank1sm.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 316
  • DD033.jpg
    DD033.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 332
  • DD043.jpg
    DD043.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DD044.jpg
    DD044.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 332
There you go Ron. Maybe you will get your operation Torch figures next year to go with the Tunisian Tiger. I don't care I am going to use my Tiger for an El Alamein diorama with a group of Springboks attacking it.
Happy Christmas
All the best to you and your good lady.
2008 is election year I am sure you will be busy
Damian

Damian:

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Yes - North Africa Americans !! Oh if the dream could come true....:rolleyes:

The elections will be very exciting and yes - lots of things going on for sure. ;)

Cant wait for the new release in 2008 - Although I still need a little time to catch up on the new releases from 2007 !! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back