Yeomanry Miniatures? (1 Viewer)

Squiggle

Private 2
Does anyone know what happened to Yeomanry Miniatures?
Six years ago they were going strong with new releases, then seemed to disappear without
a trace.
-Squiggle

I last saw the owner, Mr. Harrison, when I was in Great Britain in June, 2012. We met at the London Show, and he invited a group of us back to his home studio, where we saw some of his design work in progress (and I purchased several CJB Models from his private collection). He did not seem in the greatest of health, so maybe that resulted in a hiatus from Yeomanry Miniatures production? All I can say is I ordered several of his Yeomanry Miniatures vehicles, including an armored car, several versions of a WWII Mobile Kitchen Truck, and an RFC Truck, and was very pleased with them all.

To follow up with what Louis said in the above post, I had Brian Harrison paint some figures for me around 2013 or 2014. I was very pleased with his work but it took him a very long time to complete the job and at one point he fell out of touch with me for about 3 months. He finally caught up with me to apologize for the delay. He mentioned that his health was deteriorating and he wasn't sure how much longer he could continue in the business.

It could very well be that he has retired due to health reasons. If you reach out to the guys at Tradition of London, they may be able to provide some insight. One of their former workers and fellow Treefrog members, who has since passed away, were able to connect me with Brian while he was working on my commission. They might be able to tell you something.

Here is the info that is available online if this helps at all:

Yeomanry Miniatures
10 Dolphin Lodge
Grand Avenue
Worthing
West Sussex
BN11 5AL

Tel: 01903 501028
Email: yeomanryminiatures@virginmedia.com

Mark

Last edited:
Thank you Mark for the contact info., and to everyone who replied.
I found an article in an old Toy Soldier Collector magazine issue saying that Yeomanry Miniatures were having financial
challenges in 2014, right about the time Mark wrote that Brian was having health problems. So I'm thinking
Yeomanry may have shut down for both or either one of these reasons. I am a fan of cottage toy soldier businesses, and sad when
one disappears. On the positive side, I'm glad whenever someone takes on old molds, such as the Spencer family now
continuing with Dorset and All the Queen's Men figures.

-Jonathan/Squiggle

The sculptor for Yeomanry (Alan Caton sp?) passed away a few years ago so this could have something to do with it also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back