“Come On Down To San Antonio!” (3 Viewers)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Just to take a little respite from the usual “cut ‘n’ thrust” of the Forum and draw your attention away to the upcoming 2013 Texas Toy Soldier Show

As of this morning we already have more tables booked by dealers than last year’s show…and more room nights taken up with the Menger for show guests and participants.

Here’s a preview of the Show Ticket’s 2-day pass

Our “Saturday Night Symposium” is filling up real fast too. Apart from Aero art’s Thor Johnson…Hobby Bunker’s Matt Murphy…Hudson & Allan’s Ken Osen and yours truly we are also honored to have a very special guest with us for the evening…Colonel Richard E.Cole, one of the four surviving “Doolittle Raiders”. Colonel Cole’s presence alone will make this evening a memorable one!

Here’s the ticket artwork as well…for your perusal. As more things develop we will keep you posted.

All the best and happy collecting!

Andy C.​

Attachments

• Texas Show Tickets1.jpg
    Texas Show Tickets1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 1,077
I will be there in spirit, it's going to be a fantastic event. {sm4}, Robin.

Already looks like this years show will surpass the previous years. The Texas Toy Soldier Show seems to be on the right path to rival Chicago and the West Coaster before you know it. The great thing about this venue is there is a lot of Historical interests.....Alamo, Menger Hotel, Shopping mall within walking distance for the ladies, and the entertainment value of the River walk. It will be a GRAND Memorial Day weekend.

{bravo}}

Last edited:
My first time at the show and already booked the dinner, gonna have a great time. But who knew a real American hero was going to be there as well, no way I could ever truly express my feelings for his actions but for a small start he can cut in front of me in the buffet line! {sm4}

Awesome that he is going to be there, simply great that he will be close to the Alamo where so many heroes like him fell. The Alamo and the raid on Tokyo, two stories of "against all odds" times in American history. Brings a tear to my eyes honestly. Rather I come home with any loot or not that will make the trip worth it.

just read the Wikipedia account of the Doolittle Raider's mission...
very cool...
for the non-WWII guys...^&grin...
it was the part of the move..."Pearl Harbor"...
where they stripped down the planes for the attack on Japan's homefront...

just read the Wikipedia account of the Doolittle Raider's mission...
very cool...
for the non-WWII guys...^&grin...
it was the part of the move..."Pearl Harbor"...
where they stripped down the planes for the attack on Japan's homefront...

As a WWII Enthusiast it will be a real treat to meet this WWII Legend {bravo}}

Hi,

Excuse me gentlemen, can you move this event in France? :)

Faithfully
Valmy

Whoohoo Tejas!

Honestly those of you who have never been to the Alamo should come on down this show. This fine gentleman speaking as a guest is reason enough but the Alamo is a very special place indeed. There is a special feeling there, hard to explain but instantly felt once there. That alone is reason enough to visit San Antonio.

Come on down and visit Texas.

P.S. We have a heck of a special ole gal in Houston to come see as well.

24cttlh.jpg

2iibmzn.jpg

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/battleship-texas

BB35 Forever {sm0}

World War II Doolittle Bombing Raid on Tokyo hold final public reunion

..... we are also honored to have a very special guest with us for the evening…Colonel Richard E.Cole, one of the four surviving “Doolittle Raiders”.
Click for pictures:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/1...d-on-tokyo-hold-final-public/?test=latestnews

16 April 2013
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. – Retired Lt. Col. Richard Cole is 97, but that didn't stop him from taking the controls and flying a vintage B-25 bomber at a reunion of the famous World War II Doolittle Raiders.

Cole is one of four surviving crew members from the 1942 raid on Tokyo. Three of the men gathered at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida this week to mark the 71st anniversary of the April 18 raid. The men have said this will be their final public reunion.

Cole was mission commander James Doolittle's co-pilot when the 16 B-25s flew off an aircraft carrier and bombed Japan just four months after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

Hi Ruggles,

It's just a place where you can feel History. Everybody know Alamo all over the world, I hope so, and what this place meant.

Faithfully
Valmy

Whoohoo Tejas!

Honestly those of you who have never been to the Alamo should come on down this show. This fine gentleman speaking as a guest is reason enough but the Alamo is a very special place indeed. There is a special feeling there, hard to explain but instantly felt once there. That alone is reason enough to visit San Antonio.

Come on down and visit Texas.

P.S. We have a heck of a special ole gal in Houston to come see as well.

24cttlh.jpg

2iibmzn.jpg

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/battleship-texas

BB35 Forever {sm0}

I did not know Mr. Cole is 97 years old....wow. ! It will be quite interesting to meet him in person next month. !

TEXAS 2013 TOY SOLDIER SHOW
“SATURDAY NIGHT SYMPOSIUM”

Hello Guys,

This is to extend a warm invitation to you ” to attend our very special “Saturday Night Symposium” in the Menger Hotel after Saturday’s Show.
Beginning at 7pm in the Minuet Room of the Menger you can enjoy a great Mexican Buffet Dinner and take part in the Symposium with Guest Speakers Thor Johnson of Aeroart…Matt Murphy of Hobby Bunker…Ken Osen of Hudson & Allen and Britains and Andy C .Neilson of King & Country.
Our very special Guest-of-Honour on the evening will be Colonel Richard E. Cole, one of the four surviving “Doolittle Raiders” and Col. Jimmy Doolittle’s co-pilot on that heroic mission to bomb Tokyo.
All guests will receive a complimentary K&C figure and a special limited edition print honouring Col.Cole and the “Doolittle Raid” in addition to the great dinner and a great evening. Don’t miss out…Space is limited book your ticket now! And all for just US$49!!!
For more details and booking contact me, Martin Vasquez at 210-226-7000 or at martin@kingsx.com
See you in San Antonio!

Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X Toy Soldiers
TX_TSM.jpg

If you haven't booked your reservation with the Menger Hotel for the Show weekend, make sure to do so by May 1st so that you are guaranteed the generous Show rate of $125/night with free parking and free breakfast for two! To get this fantastic rate at this historic hotel, call them at 210-223-4361 and ask for the Texas Show rate.

If you haven't booked your reservation with the Menger Hotel for the Show weekend, make sure to do so by May 1st so that you are guaranteed the generous Show rate of $125/night with free parking and free breakfast for two! To get this fantastic rate at this historic hotel, call them at 210-223-4361 and ask for the Texas Show rate.

That is a great deal. I already booked at the Crockett hotel but next year I will stay at the Menger.

there are a couple of other perks to staying at the Menger under the hotel show rate other than the discounted $125.00 rate and the 2 free breakfast buffets per day per room......

the taxes (17%) on the $125.00 room are comped...that's an additional savings of $21.25...

that valet parking he mentioned that is comped...is another $25.00 savings...all downtown hotels charge it...the show price gives it to you for free...

Martin...Andy...KingsX...K&C...the Menger...they are offering a terrific deal...you really should stay there...

ps...that breakfast buffet will kill you...they have everything under the sun spread out...even a guy flipping omelets to your specs...

pss...all the rooms were remodeled last year...it is the place to stay for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back