“D.DAY C47’s” (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

The last few days before Gordon and myself head off to California and the “Meet ‘n’ Greet” at Sierra Toy Soldiers in Los Gatos are pretty hectic...to say the least!

Then we’re finishing off our displays for Chicago a few days later and just to add a little extra “cream on the cake” we get a big bunch of great aircraft deliveries.

Now, I am not complaining it’s all great fun especially when you see work like these 2 x terrific C47’s in D.Day markings. “N3” is flying on to Chicago to our good friend, collector and fellow dio builder Brian Waeyaert.

Brian requested a C47 in the markings of the aircraft “Band of Brothers Major Dick Winters flew in to drop over Normandy on 5/6 June 1944. The first few pix show the aircraft “unweathered”...the last “weathered”. Not too much silver you will notice. Thanks Brian and happy flying boys!

Andy C.​

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 427
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 420
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 426
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 420
There will be soon one lucky collector in Chacago . Beautiful plane
guy:)

That's a beautiful plane. Brian always said he would only breakdown and buy one of these planes if it was a C-47. Well, I guess he had to breakdown ^&cool

I couldnt be more pleased.....she flys in soon and cant wait to put her on display. My thanks to Andy and and King and Country crew for making this happen.

I had a feeling Andy would have preferred not to "scuff up" this beautiful C-47 but those who know me know I dont like "showroom fresh"

My C-47 has been on countless training missions over England in prep for the "Big Jump" and shows the wear and tear of preparing for war! Andy and crew met all of expectations!

Best and hope to see you all next week at the show!

Brian

What a stunning C47 and a great history too....excellent warbird and yes definately needs to be weathered after all that hard work on D Day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back