15th King's Light Dragoons in the Seven Years War (2 Viewers)

Is there a casting for a mounted drummer available?

I hear ya, there are some great looking figures out there. Just ordered my first two from Anne so we will see.

I don't think anyone does make a mounted drummer; my thought has been a kitbash.

In fact, the only mounted dragoon drummer that I can think of is the one currently in Tradition's catalog, a Prussian dragoon drummer. I don't think Imrie-Risley or Ken Cliffe (All the King's Men) have one in their respective series. I don't think Russell Gammage had one in the Rose catalog, either.

The good news is that it wouldn't be too much of a bash, using the existing castings out there. The hanging sleeves can be done easily enough with foil and putty.

Prost!
Brad

Yes - I don't think horse & drum are too much trouble - I'll know that better later this year. The body of the rider should be as you suggest easy-ish - so it's just the arms from a suitable donor - with filing/ milliput work that's the tricky bit. Will watch your progress with interest Brad. Thanks for a thoroughly interesting thread - that might be another for me to try at some future point. That mounted drummer IS a superbly colourful and unusual figure. johnnybach

That's the picture I was thinking of. It's by Jack Cassin Scott, I have his book on British cavalry uniforms somewhere, it covers 1660-1970 and saving the best till last, the final picture is a Trooper of The Life Guards.^&grin

Martin

P.s. don't forget the false sleeves for the mounted drummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back