1930's Germany - LAH on parade (1 Viewer)

4737 Carlin

Private 2
Don't want to start (another) debate on this particular line but thought I'd share some photos of my first attempt at model-making. Its been a bit quiet on the LAH-front recently after all. I based this model on the facade of the zeppelintribune - the remains of which can still be seen in Nuremberg. This display was only set up temporarily to be photographed but I'll eventually find a more permanent home for it. I'd like to add side annex pieces to the LAH HQ and eventually surround the two open sides with cobblestone roads for vehicles etc.

DSC01076.jpgDSC01078.jpgDSC01077.jpgDSC01086.jpgDSC01087.jpg

Stunning display and its building up very nicely. May have been a while since we had LAH on but, this was worth the wait
Mitch

The Nuremberg backdrop and stair way is phenomenal, congratulations! {bravo}} The display is great! What did you use for the base that looks like a flagstone pavement?

Stunning display and its building up very nicely. May have been a while since we had LAH on but, this was worth the wait
Mitch

Great display.

I agree, that is stunning, well done!

Walt

The Nuremberg backdrop and stair way is phenomenal, congratulations! {bravo}} The display is great! What did you use for the base that looks like a flagstone pavement?

Thanks for the comments guys. The Nuremberg backdrop is made of foam core board, balsa wood and MDF. It was a fairly simple thing to build - all straight lines - but it has sparked my interest in further modelling. The flagstone paper used was bought inexpensively from the auction site. It's intended use is for dollhouse floor decoration. Eventually I'll mount it to a baseboard when I make the display a permanent one. The other non-K&C dio pieces were from John Gittins. Diorama accessories which complement LAH displays are a bit thin on the ground but these fit in quite well.

MATE great setup i like your "Custom"pieces and the way you layed it out well done and thanks for posting the pictures.

Great parade, great display and very German architectural set up. Must be the work of Albert Speer
guy:)

Brilliant work! You're giving me some ideas now. Very well done. Thanks for posting. {sm3}

True, unfortunately there hasn't been much LAH posting lately.

Oliver

MATE great setup i like your "Custom"pieces and the way you layed it out well done and thanks for posting the pictures.

This is one well laid out, custom LAH display. Well done :salute::

Great parade, great display and very German architectural set up. Must be the work of Albert Speer

Brilliant work! You're giving me some ideas now. Very well done. Thanks for posting. {sm3}

Oliver

Thanks again for the comments. As I've said before, this is very much a work in progress. I've since added banners to the eagle facade and propaganda posters to the walls and lamp posts. My next big purchase will probably be the LAH band. I'm hoping K&C release the HQ annex pieces soon so I can continue putting it together. I'll probably build a stairway-tiered stand for the HQ to sit on - so that it comes up to the same as height as my eagle stand. I'm also going to continue adding roads and buildings on two sides of the parade ground. Reality in Scale do model kits of German buildings of the period I'd like to have a go at. With all the retirements in the LAH line of the past year I suspect some new releases can't be far away now. Still, it has enabled me to concentrate funds on my other big 'work in progress' which is a Stalingrad combat dio.

This is one well laid out, custom LAH display. Well done :salute::

Oliver

Thanks again for the comments. As I've said before, this is very much a work in progress. I've since added banners to the eagle facade and propaganda posters to the walls and lamp posts. My next big purchase will probably be the LAH band. I'm hoping K&C release the HQ annex pieces soon so I can continue putting it together. I'll probably build a stairway-tiered stand for the HQ to sit on - so that it comes up to the same height as my eagle stand. I'm also going to continue adding roads and buildings on two sides of the parade ground. Reality in Scale do model kits of German buildings of the period I'd like to have a go at. With all the retirements in the LAH line of the past year I suspect some new releases can't be far away now. Still, it has enabled me to concentrate funds on my other big 'work in progress' which is a Stalingrad combat dio.

Great display my freind
AWSOME
LAH will always be popular with collectors
Very nice

Wow! Great set up. I really like the way you mixed it up with all the small vignettes within your larger diorama. Thanks for sharing. Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back