1st King & Country Dinner Event in Singapore on June 27th 2014 (1 Viewer)

knc1.jpg

have a great time at the meeting and getting to meet fellow collectors and Andy and Helen. Great credit goes to Michael and Daniel for organising this fabulous event and hope it'll be annually.

The photo is a good blend of the made & maker in the TS world. Which ones are real? ^&grin, Robin.

Thanks very much to Chris for his concise report posted in quick time. It was a very enjoyable and interesting evening. I was very happy to have had the opportunity to meet Andy and Helen for the first time. Although I have read many reports of Andy’s talks and Q&A sessions at OTSN Chicago and the Westcoaster on this forum, there is nothing like hearing from him in person.

I would like to say a very big thank you to Andy and Helen for including Singapore in their busy schedule and hope this will be an annual event. Also, many thanks to Mike Tong and Daniel Teo of our local store, The Soldier’s Story for their hard work in organising the dinner event which was enthusiastically attended by both local and regional collectors.

The Q&A session ran for about 2 hours and was a valuable interaction for all. There was a good range of ideas and suggestions put to Andy and most have been listed by Chris in Post #5. I am adding a couple that I like, but are not listed:

Band of Brothers personality figures – e.g. Dick Winters, Bill Guarnere et al

Battle of Hong Kong – Chinese volunteers

Streets of Old Hong Kong – rickshaws with a variety of passengers

I had a good close up look at the new 1939 Bedford Fire Engine and it is really nice set. It would be a great addition to a London 1940 Blitz diorama. I was initially stumped by the duplex figure. Then someone hinted "Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley and Ralph Fiennes".

Raymond.

Dear Raymond:

I am glad to learn of your attendance at the first King & Country visit by Andy & Helen at your local toy soldier store in Singapore. I had been wondering if you went to this event. It is nice that you are able to keep up your interest in our hobby!

Best regards, Gary

Dear Raymond:

I am glad to learn of your attendance at the first King & Country visit by Andy & Helen at your local toy soldier store in Singapore. I had been wondering if you went to this event. It is nice that you are able to keep up your interest in our hobby!

Best regards, Gary

Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the 1st King & Country Dinner Event in Singapore last weekend. I marked this on my calendar and made it a point to attend. I am very happy that Andy and Helen included Singapore in their busy schedule of international visits as it was a tremendous boost for the hobby and an encouragement for our small band of collectors. For Andy and Helen, I hope it was time well spent and look forward to this being an annual event.

Best Wishes, Raymond.

Andy and Helen will be at the shop today at 2pm (Jun 28th) in case there are people who would like to come down and if there are any friends from Malaysia who would like to drop by.

I will just put in what I captured as it is late over in Singapore now, but much more were discussed. If I captured it wrong, I apologize. Anyone else who attended that would like to add to the list are certainly welcome.

Near term like-lies and possibilities wrt releases

- those you saw in these pics
- Zero fighter (possibly in two variants)
- Wittmann in SPG (early campaign)
- More WW1
- 88mm
- Dead Germans (especially BoB)
- WH will be a new series for Wehrmacht

Still cooking ideas

- Invasion of Malaya (Australians, British and Japanese)
- WW2 Polish soldiers (as opposition to the early field gray Germans)
- Stuka (if it can be shipped in one piece)
- Vietnam war
- Arab-Israeli war

Unlikely

- Gulf war
- Wirbelwind
- Korean war
- Desert Tiger
- more ACW
- more biblical stuff outside of LOJ

Thought it would be interesting to compare what has been actually released since the Singapore event. I had forgotten the zero was mentioned so maybe it should not have been a shock when tora tora tora was released after all. So there is still hope for the 88 and my beloved poles lol. So clearly K&C new releases are thought out well in advance. I believe at other events, Andy mentioned ECW as a potential future release and downplayed some theatres such as ACW (WestCoaster) as not having a global appeal and or done to death by others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back