2011 anticpated purchases (1 Viewer)

Currahee Chris

Sergeant Major
I am thinking of definately getting the Roman Commanders tent along with some more destroyed trees. I always try to snatch up some dio stuff to tackle one dio a year.

Anyone else got any big plans? Hougemount perhaps?? :eek:

Got my eye on the Arnhem buildings & hope they make some new stuff for ETO

I may grab some more of the palm and date trees too. I really like that you can adjust the canopy to suit your specific needs.

For now, the Karl Morser, more FL ACW figures and the K & C Rolls Royce.

For now, the Karl Morser, more FL ACW figures and the K & C Rolls Royce.

Hey boss

my intent was to focus on anticipated JGM purchases :D:p

It's a friday after the big blizzard- I am sure you are a little distracted right now :p

Palm Trees.
Although if John does any additions to the Arnhem building range, I'm there! :cool:

I just received today a JGS01 Large Oak Tree - used some Treefrog Treasures Gift Certificates I got for Christmas to purchase it. Pricey but IMHO well worth the dramatic display it makes on a diorama. This is the second JG Large Oak Tree for me. I bought the first one last year with gift certificates I got for my birthday. Although they are both listed as JGS01, since they are hand made one at a time, they are both very different in shape and appearance from each other (other than the main trunk base which are the same). Very happy with both - I also have a JGS02 Small Oak Tree which is nice but not near as so as the larger trees. The one I got today is 12 inches tall and has a 13 inch diameter branch spread at its widest point.
:) Mike

I just received today a JGS01 Large Oak Tree - used some Treefrog Treasures Gift Certificates I got for Christmas to purchase it. Pricey but IMHO well worth the dramatic display it makes on a diorama. This is the second JG Large Oak Tree for me. I bought the first one last year with gift certificates I got for my birthday. Mike

I'm sensing a pattern here :)

thanks for that writeup- i have eyed those trees up but the cost has held me in check.

I'm sensing a pattern here :)

thanks for that writeup- i have eyed those trees up but the cost has held me in check.

You are welcome Chris. Here are three really "quick and dirty" photos showing the new large oak tree (in the foreground), the one I already had (in the background of the first two photos and the middle tree in the third photo) and the JGS02 Small Oak Tree (background of third photo). You will have to excuse the photo lamps - like I said these were taken really quick just to give you an idea how the trees display on a diorama and with figures . . . . .

PICT0001-22.jpg

PICT0002-13.jpg

PICT0003-11.jpg

You are welcome Chris. Here are three really "quick and dirty" photos showing the new large oak tree (in the foreground), the one I already had (in the background of the first two photos and the middle tree in the third photo) and the JGS02 Small Oak Tree (background of third photo). You will have to excuse the photo lamps - like I said these were taken really quick just to give you an idea how the trees display on a diorama and with figures . . . . .

PICT0001-22.jpg

PICT0002-13.jpg

PICT0003-11.jpg
Saw these at the London Show. I agree, not cheap, but seriously impressive and imposing piece. Look great.

Hey boss

my intent was to focus on anticipated JGM purchases :D:p

It's a friday after the big blizzard- I am sure you are a little distracted right now :p

Oops, sorry, didn't notice it was a JG thread :eek:. Might be looking to pick up some JG items that I could use for Civil War.

Wow Mike- those are some man sized trees- the second pic really seems to bring that out!! Thanks for posting the pictures!! I have expect to see one of them sprout legs and grab orcs and start slinging them around Middle Earth :D

I have wanted those oaks for a long time but the cost is just too much for one tree but I do have others.Mike is smart,use gift certs for something like that.
Mark

Wow, I've long admired those Oak trees every time I go on the JG website, but at over £80.00 a piece have always scrolled down past quite quickly.

Seeing them on the diorama and how much they bring it all to life is seriously cool and if I had the budget would love to add some of those.

I take my hat off to you Mike firstly for a museum worthy display and being the only person I know with not just one but two of probably the most expensive (but coolest) trees in toy soldier collecting.:)

Wow, I've long admired those Oak trees every time I go on the JG website, but at over £80.00 a piece have always scrolled down past quite quickly.

Seeing them on the diorama and how much they bring it all to life is seriously cool and if I had the budget would love to add some of those.

I take my hat off to you Mike firstly for a museum worthy display and being the only person I know with not just one but two of probably the most expensive (but coolest) trees in toy soldier collecting.:)

Look for my thread on trees from Utah via Hobby bunker.....awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back