2016 Chicago show. (1 Viewer)

Mike,
I think one of my fellow vendors said there were 138 rooms with dealers vs 162 last year, but I could be wrong. In either case, the number was down this year from last year.

The thing that really jumped out at me was how off of the elevator bank, the rooms from say 4101 through 4110 were full, same with 4201-4210, 4301-4310, 4401-4410, but then it really thinned out from there on out. In my hallway directly off of 5301-5310, I am the only vendor left in the hall.

At some point, you'd think we'll all be moved up onto the 5th floor or down onto the 4th, ie, all dealers on one floor.

Several years ago, dealer rooms spilled onto the 3rd floor.

The foot traffic on Sunday seemed light to me, we were busy all day long, but it never got crazy/oh my God I can't keep up with the sales/busy, I can recall in years past not being able to take a break to go get a sandwich, bathroom breaks were few and far between as well.

That said, again it's not quantity but quality, room trading was very good for me, same with the day of the show and my number was up about 25% over last year, best number since pre stock market crash of 2008.

George,

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. I couldn't agree more that in life (and toy soldier sales) quality is more important than quantity. I am happy for you that you had a breakout show sales wise. You certainly deserve it.

Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report on the future of the West Coaster. So, since I haven't attended the Chicago Show for several years now, I think I will attend next year's show just to keep in touch with other collectors and vendors.

Mike

George,

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. I couldn't agree more that in life (and toy soldier sales) quality is more important than quantity. I am happy for you that you had a breakout show sales wise. You certainly deserve it.

Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report on the future of the West Coaster. So, since I haven't attended the Chicago Show for several years now, I think I will attend next year's show just to keep in touch with other collectors and vendors.

Mike

Mike,
Your welcome, thanks very much for the kind words, I appreciate it. Truth be told, all the dealers deserve it, it's funny on Saturday as we hump our goods down to the hotel ballroom and start setting up when you see everyone walking around with glazed over eyes, we're all on fumes at that point.

Poor Nick and Sadie were sick all week long, only their mascot the pooch was feeling fine on Sunday, Matt from the HB had a back issue and he gutted it out all week long.

It's awesome though on Sunday as we get that last kick of adrenaline and we've all got our game faces on as we prepare for the show; I feel like the dealers are all in it together, we're all just trying to make a few bucks at this, so it's always a great feeling when you do as good or better than you expected.

Sorry about the West Coaster, but it will be great to see you roaming the halls of the Chicago show again, hope you can make it..................

Regards,
George

George, Good to hear you had a killer show ! Looks like you haul and setup a lot of goodies. As the old saying goes.....the more you have to sell, the more you do sell !

Wayne

George, Good to hear you had a killer show ! Looks like you haul and setup a lot of goodies. As the old saying goes.....the more you have to sell, the more you do sell !

Wayne

Thanks Wayne; one of my former sales bosses used to have a famous saying "You can't sell ties from an empty tie rack".............I go to this show loaded with inventory, an entire van filled with goods, how I shoehorn it all into two rooms/seven tables is beyond my comprehension, but I got lucky this year and managed to get four more tables, which helped a great deal....................

I just okayed the price conveyed to me by George for the two Heco models. The first is a Tiger Tank (which I may pass along to Tom Dubel if its in markings he doesn't have). The other model is one I have never seen before, not even in a Heco catalogue: a SDKFZ 222 (4 RAD) armored car in Afrika Corps markings!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool I am psyched!!^&grin I will post photos upon receipt.

The Heco arrived, making a good OTSN show great for me:

Attachments

• Heco Tiger Tank 2.jpg
    Heco Tiger Tank 2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 285
  • Heco Tiger Tank 1.jpg
    Heco Tiger Tank 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Heco SDKFZ 222 Armored Car 1.jpg
    Heco SDKFZ 222 Armored Car 1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Heco SDKFZ 222 Armored Car 2.jpg