2016 Chicago show. (2 Viewers)

Now to Ken and Erika Osen's Britains and Hudson & Allen room. First, good friends Steven Chong and Ken Osen discussing the hobby in front of for my money, the best diorama at the show, a shadow box display of a woodland scene from the French and Indian War, wherein Black Watch Highlanders are battling native americans:

Attachments

• Britians Room 1.jpg
    Britians Room 1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Britains Room 7.jpg
    Britains Room 7.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Britains Room 6.jpg
    Britains Room 6.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 375
  • Britains Room 5.jpg
    Britains Room 5.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 376
Some shots of two other excellent dioramas in the Britains/Hudson & Allen room:

Attachments

• Britians Room 3.jpg
    Britians Room 3.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Britians Room 4.jpg
    Britians Room 4.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Britains Room 2.jpg
    Britains Room 2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 380
Now some of my acquisitions at the show. First, a Metalshed WWI Model T Ford:

Attachments

• Metalshed Model T 1.jpg
    Metalshed Model T 1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Metalshed Model T 2.jpg
    Metalshed Model T 2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Metalshed Model T 3.jpg
    Metalshed Model T 3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 376
Next, a Metalshed Boer War Traction Engine with (working) a crane lifting a log, one of the coolest items I've seen:

Attachments

• Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 1.jpg
    Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 3.jpg
    Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 3.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 379
  • Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 2.jpg
    Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 381
Now some shots of an incredible 90mm connoisseur figure made by a new company, Loggerheads Military Studio, built and painted by Louise Handley, one of the master painters for Patrick Adams' company, the British Toy Soldier Company. This morning I got a lovely e-mail from Louise indicating I was her first American customer. Since Treefrog will be carrying them, I expect to soon by the first of many. Have a look:

Attachments

• Loggerhead Studios WWI Tommy 2.jpg
    Loggerhead Studios WWI Tommy 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 383
  • Loggerhead Studios WWI Tommy 3.jpg
    Loggerhead Studios WWI Tommy 3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 384
Now some shots of my most poignant purchase: the King & Country commemorative set of the late great Shannon Reuss as a WWII nurse. She lives on forever in miniature, as well as in our hearts:

Attachments

• Shannon Commerative Figure 1.jpg
    Shannon Commerative Figure 1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 387
  • Shannon Commerative Figure 2.jpg
    Shannon Commerative Figure 2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 389
On a much happier note, I obtained (as a gift from Tim), the John Jenkins figure of our good friend Tim Tyler as a Confederate infantryman. He will be standing guard on a cabin in my K&C Civil War diorama, as one of his heroes, the great General Robert E. Lee rides past on Traveler:

Attachments

• Tim Tyler 4.jpg
    Tim Tyler 4.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Tim Tyler 1.jpg
    Tim Tyler 1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 395
  • Tim Tyler 2.jpg
    Tim Tyler 2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 395
  • Tim Tyler 3.jpg
    Tim Tyler 3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 396
Finally (for now - I am waiting to hear on two pieces of Heco and a small scale Elastolin Prince Valiant Castle set-up) the Special Dinner figure, a statue of Abraham Lincoln, our good friend Brad's personal hero (don't worry Brad, I am working to get one for you from Tim or Pete, and if I can't, you can have mine):

Attachments

• Abraham Lincoln Statue 1.jpg
    Abraham Lincoln Statue 1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Abraham Lincoln Statue 2.jpg
    Abraham Lincoln Statue 2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 394
Thank you very much Louis for taking the time to post these photos . . . . much appreciated . . . . This is the second year in a row that I have had to miss the show. As you know, I also collect Native American artifacts from the Ohio River Valley. The Sunday prior to the show I participated in a huge artifact auction and ended up adding several nice pieces to my collection. However, in doing so I spent all my $$$ which financially negated my ability to enjoy OTSN. Oh well, all was not lost, the artifacts I obtained were extremely nice . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Louis, many many thanks for your pictures.
Best regards from the South of Germany

Louis, thanks for taking the time and effort to post the pics. The Metal Shed acquisitions are outstanding. -- Al

Now some shots of an incredible 90mm connoisseur figure made by a new company, Loggerheads Military Studio, built and painted by Louise Handley, one of the master painters for Patrick Adams' company, the British Toy Soldier Company. This morning I got a lovely e-mail from Louise indicating I was her first American customer. Since Treefrog will be carrying them, I expect to soon by the first of many. Have a look:

I am told by Terry that this is a 120 mm figure, and I trust his judgment of scale better than my own. Its about 6 inches tall.:smile2:

I looked at the Treefrog site for Loggerhead and they only carry (or at least only show two figures) whereas the Loggerhead website has more, a couple of which interest me.

As Julie is probably telling Zach where the nuptials will be held {eek3}, I will follow up tomorrow with her.

Brad

Treefrog had at least four different Loggerhead figures at the show. I'm don't know my British regiments, so not sure what they were

One of the figures Treefrog had from Loggerhead was accompanied by an Irish Wolfhound, so was probably Irish Guards. They were all really well done.

Thank you very much Louis for taking the time to post these photos . . . . much appreciated . . . . This is the second year in a row that I have had to miss the show. As you know, I also collect Native American artifacts from the Ohio River Valley. The Sunday prior to the show I participated in a huge artifact auction and ended up adding several nice pieces to my collection. However, in doing so I spent all my $$$ which financially negated my ability to enjoy OTSN. Oh well, all was not lost, the artifacts I obtained were extremely nice . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Mike,

I'd love to see some photos of your new acquisitions on the "what else do you collect?" Thread. Wish I could have spent some time chatting at the show. Hopefully next year!

Get well Sammy! Don't worry about missing the show. You have your own show at the house! :) Get well!

[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back