28mm scale hougoumont (2 Viewers)

attic_david

Private 2
This is part of a project I am doing for a wargamer. He has just had a Wargames room and table built and has always wanted the battle of Waterloo to play on so I have been working on the table and Hougoumont.
This piece is a resin set that is commercially available. I have painted it and put it on a base. The finished size is a metre long and about 60cm wide so quite a chunk of resin.
I still have to texture and paint the base but otherwise is pretty much done.
image.jpeg

Perfect, always a pleasure to see this farm layout. Certainly nailed it. A great War gaming diorama.:salute::, Robin.

Looks great David, can't wait to see the finished battlefield once you knock it out, please keep us updated..........as you know, Hougoumont is one of my hot buttons...............:wink2:

Here it is finished. The green matches the green on the boards. It looks pretty bright in the photos but looks much better in the flesh. It is still brighter than regular green grass but it makes a very good back drop for Wargames figures and the mass formations that are moved about.
image.jpeg

Here it is finished. The green matches the green on the boards. It looks pretty bright in the photos but looks much better in the flesh. It is still brighter than regular green grass but it makes a very good back drop for Wargames figures and the mass formations that are moved about.
View attachment 194056

Beautiful, does it come apart in sections for transport? buildings?
Ray

That looks terrific, great job as usual, really looking forward to seeing the rest of the project come to life, please keep us posted...........

That is incredible :salute:::salute::, you really should make a mold of that so you could make them to order. I'm sure it would be a hot seller for 28mm Wargamers, who wouldn't have to have it. Just beautiful work. regards Gebhard

Absolutely brilliant makes you want to get into war gaming.

What is that big GREY piece mate ??

image.jpeg

Absolutely brilliant makes you want to get into war gaming.

What is that big GREY piece mate ??

View attachment 194148

That is the back of Winchester Hall which looks like this from the other side-
image.jpeg

This is a 1/30th scale piece to display a medieval banquet scene.
I need to fix the pillars in place and add the Windows but otherwise I have just about finished it.

That is incredible :salute:::salute::, you really should make a mold of that so you could make them to order. I'm sure it would be a hot seller for 28mm Wargamers, who wouldn't have to have it. Just beautiful work. regards Gebhard

It is a resin piece that I got from a UK company called Hovels. I have painted and based it.

That Banquet structure is going to look good when decked out with figures & accessories. Robin.

It is a resin piece that I got from a UK company called Hovels. I have painted and based it.

Thanks for the info, I looked them up. You did a fantastic job painting it and creating the base. Great work as always. regards Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back