3 Kingdoms - Next Instalment ? (1 Viewer)

OldDragon

Master Sergeant
Dear Andy

Absolutely love the 3 Kingdoms personalities and would like K&C to do the following ...

Zhang Fei ... fearsome warrior and 3rd oath brother to Liu Bei & Lord Guan

Zhao Yun (Zilong) ... leading commander and companion to Liu Bei

Huang Zhong ... veteran warrior and Tiger General of the Shu-Han

Ma Chou ... fierce northern tribal leader and last of the Tiger Generals

Sun Quan ... young King of Wu and overlord to Zhou You of the Red Cliffs

Lu Su ... Wu advisor and strong advocate of the Liu-Wu alliance against Cao Cao

Zhang Zao ... regent and advisor to Sun Quan and pacifist

Lu Meng ... military commander of Wu forces and portege of Zhou You

Cao Pi ... son of Cao Cao and founder emperor of Wei dynasty

Xiahou Dun ... one eyed general and faithful bodyguard of Cao Cao

Xun Yu (Wenruo) ... strategic advisor of Cao Cao but true loyalty lies with Han emperor

Emperor Xian ... last emperor of Han who abdicates to Wei

Lu Bu ... undefeatable warrior of Northlands

What would other RoTK fans like ?

Bests
OO

OD,
For starters how about an organisational chart showing who is on which side !!! Hard to keep up with who are the
good guys and bad guys. Then again I think there was some switching sides so pretty hard to follow.
Regards
Brett

OD,
For starters how about an organisational chart showing who is on which side !!! Hard to keep up with who are the
good guys and bad guys. Then again I think there was some switching sides so pretty hard to follow.
Regards
Brett

Not sure what makes them good or bad Brett. Seems like a civil war, I guess you have to pick side that most appeals. I pick the one with the good looking women. Cheers, Robin.

Robin,
The better looking women method sounds like a good idea. Better start lobbying Andy for some IC ladies {sm4}
Brett

The 3 Kingdoms were involved in wars of expansion and re-unification, each depending on their points of view. The novelisation of that warring period, generally is sympathetic to Liu Bei's Shu-Han, whilst Cao Cao's (wei) is often painted as the villian of the piece. However, there's much to be admired in Cao Cao's strong leadership, vision, administrative prowness and care for the population.

I have color coded the personalities, based on their "best" service to the respective kingdoms/factions. I am following the colors used by K&C for the respective kingdoms' banners Wei, Liu (Shu-Han) and Wu.

Cao Pi ... son of Cao Cao and founder emperor of Wei dynasty

Xiahou Dun ... one eyed general and faithful bodyguard of Cao Cao

Xun Yu (Wenruo) ... strategic advisor of Cao Cao but true loyalty lies with Han emperor

Emperor Xian ... last emperor of Han who abdicates in favor of Wei

Zhang Fei ... fearsome warrior and 3rd oath brother to Liu Bei & Lord Guan

Zhao Yun (Zilong) ... leading commander and companion to Liu Bei

Huang Zhong ... veteran warrior and Tiger General of the Shu-Han

Ma Chou ... fierce northern tribal leader and last of the Tiger Generals

Sun Quan ... young King of Wu and overlord to Zhou You of the Red Cliffs

Lu Su ... Wu advisor and strong advocate of the Liu-Wu alliance against Cao Cao

Zhang Zao ... regent and advisor to Sun Quan and pacifist

Lu Meng ... military commander of Wu forces and portege of Zhou You

Lu Bu ... undefeatable warrior of Northlands (independant)

OD,
Thanks. That helps. Where do the previously released figures come into it regarding the colour groups ?
Brett

Previously released figures in the 3 Kingdoms sub-range include ...

IC036 Zhou Yu ... Chief commander of Wu, victor at Red Cliff over Cao Cao's invasion

IC037 Zhuge Liang ... strategist & advisor to Liu Bei, and eventually Prime Minister of Shu-Han

IC043 Cao Cao ... Prime Minister to declining Han empire, warlord & strategist, post-humous First Emperor of Wei

IC044 Liu Bei ... imperial uncle to Han emperor, warlord and founder emperor to revivalist Shu-Han

IC045 Lord Guan Yu ... oath brother and General of Liu Bei

IC049/050 .. generic Han period 'armored' infantry

Thanks OD. I need to check if the current releases are mixing with the right people. Wonder if Robin will have to change his IC diorama {sm4}
Brett

In the episode leading up to the Battle of the Red Cliffs, as Cao Cao's army is advancing south to the Yangtze River, Lord Liu Bei's family is separated as enemy forces overrun Xinye. Liu's senior commander Zhao Yun @ Zilong in rear guard, rescues his Lord's infant Liu Shan and battles 'extreme' odds to escape Cao's advance guard.

In this fierce fight, Zhao Yun even takes a quick shot at the astonished Cao Cao, who cannot help but admire Zhao's bravery and loyalty ... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swn1wjHa6WU

Bumping this thread ... still waiting on K&C.

The core of the Three Kingdoms' novel is the brotherhood of three. Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei. Not doing Zhang Fei is akin to the Three Stooges without Curly or the Three Musketeers without Porthos.

Or even The Lone Ranger without Tonto ... well, you get the picture. {sm2}

Bests
OD

Last edited:
Hi OD,

Thank you for starting this thread, I seriously hope Andy is reading this thread, I do hope to see Zhang Fei as the next installment to this series, the oath taken by the three of them (Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei) to be sworn brothers is indeed the core and starting focus on the Three Kingdoms. {sm4}

Best regards
Phoong

Thank you for the much awaited Zhang Fei, who now joins his Lord Liu Bei and sworn brother Kuan Yu ... image.jpg

and for the next installment, may we suggest the valiant Zhao Yun. Video clip for inspiration

Once again, many thanks

OD

Zhao Yun, also known as Zilong was another much admired General under Shu Han. Here's a short fan tribute taken from the movie ... Resurrection of the Dragon wit Andy Lau as Zilong. Hope you like

Bests
OD

Waiting upon Zhao Yun (the warrior in white) in any of his manifestations ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for looking
OD

Last edited:
Sun Quan, courtesy name Zhongmou, formally known as Emperor Da of Wu, was the founder of the state of Eastern Wu during the Three Kingdoms period. As represented ....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for looking

OD

Thank you once again for the Sun Quan figure ... he will soon be leading the Wu forces to repel Cao Cao's invasion from the north.

Now .. what is Three Kingdoms without three armies ? We already have two and are waiting upon the third ... perhaps the Shu forces of Lord Liu Bei, which being raised from more humble origins might have taken on a more rag tag appearance ..

Some visualization to help ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Bests
OD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back