6 Day War (1 Viewer)

Just back from the King and Country, Sydney event.
Had a very good discussion with Andy.
There will be some exciting new release pieces in the coming months.

Del Prado produced years ago one of the if not the best figure of its XXth century series portraying a IDF reservist , i think he will go very well with the forthcoming figures:

Attachments

• 17274109_10211788204970999_542488923_n.jpg
    17274109_10211788204970999_542488923_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 17238051_10211788204730993_1546359485_n.jpg
    17238051_10211788204730993_1546359485_n.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 17204260_10211788204330983_1071870717_n.jpg
    17204260_10211788204330983_1071870717_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 400
  • 17270915_10211788204170979_603559162_n.jpg
    17270915_10211788204170979_603559162_n.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 390
Maybe Andy can make an Egyptian running throwing his Hakim away! I sold a few of those rifles in the past. We used to say they were dropped only once as they were in pretty good condition when I got them.

I would swoon if they made figures depicted the capture of the Kotel or Har haBayit. I hope they do a Shlomo Goren with a shofar... it would work for Jerusalem and Hebron. For those of you who haven't heard the (possibly apocryphal) Hebron story, here it is:

The IDF set up camp outside of Hebron, planning to take the city the next day. Rabbi Goren's tent was at the center of the camp, and he asked that the soldiers wake him before the early morning attack so he could join them. When he awoke, it was already morning and the soldiers were gone, so he got in his jeep and drove to Cave of the Patriarchs at the center of Hebron. The city seemed to be deserted, and he assumed the IDF had already taken it. Belatedly, he climbed to the top of the Cave of the Patriarchs, raised a hastily made Israeli flag, and blew his shofar, signaling, the Jewish conquest of the city. Slowly, Jordanian troops and local militiamen began to emerge from the streets, carrying white flags. As luck would have it, the IDF decided to postpone their attack, and Goren had just driven -- alone -- into a city held by the enemy. Nevertheless, the city of Hebron surrendered to a lone rabbi carrying only a shofar.

Brill! The shofar is mightier than the sword!

Maybe Andy can make an Egyptian running throwing his Hakim away! I sold a few of those rifles in the past. We used to say they were dropped only once as they were in pretty good condition when I got them.

My (firearms) dealer keeps trying to sell me one of his Hakims. How do they shoot? It struck me as pretty heavy/bulky compared to the Garand and MAS-49.

My (firearms) dealer keeps trying to sell me one of his Hakims. How do they shoot? It struck me as pretty heavy/bulky compared to the Garand and MAS-49.

In my opinion it is less balanced and heavier than the Garand. However I only used it at the range for a short while.

Hi Guys,

The old story of “For Sale ... Second-hand Hakim Rifles ... dropped only once!
Kind of reminds me of a similar story of some other M1 Garands For Sale elsewhere...
“ARVN M1 Garand Rifles ... Never been fired ... only dropped once !

Best wishes,
Andy

Hi Guys,

Just noticed that ‘Israeli Reservist’ that Cantinetozzo posted ... As some of you may know K&C designed and produced many of the soldier ranges that DEL PRADO sold all those years ago.

That Israeli figure was always one of my own favourites.
In fact one of the figures we are carving at the moment is another Israeli Paratrooper carrying the GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun).

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy

As some of you may know K&C designed and produced many of the soldier ranges that DEL PRADO sold all those years ago.

I used to have some of those Del Prado figures and they were nearly indistinguishable from the equivalent K & C figure.

Brad

Although don't have the "isreali reserve" , i have a great number figures of the colection "Men at war". One of them that I like, is the Sergeant of the Arab Legion. The Arab legion could be a great adiction for the "6 day war" range....

Now this is more a question for Andy,

- Did King & Country produce the Samurai range for Del Prado?

Andy,
First, you are a wise business man. You know how to keep most us eagerly waiting for the next dispatch. I have emailed you over the years about giving an Israeli line a chance. I thank you that you have. I also want to tell you that WWI Australian and now Kiwi soldiers is a fantastic line that I am sure you thought may not have received much interest and it probably surpassed your expectations. The revival of the Japanese line is great and am sure you will have a wide variety of Marines to make us Yanks very happy. Just a quick question, will you be producing the building used in the desert diorama with Israel Tank and Paratroopers? All the best.
Brad R

Hi Guys,

Just noticed that ‘Israeli Reservist’ that Cantinetozzo posted ... As some of you may know K&C designed and produced many of the soldier ranges that DEL PRADO sold all those years ago.

That Israeli figure was always one of my own favourites.
In fact one of the figures we are carving at the moment is another Israeli Paratrooper carrying the GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun).

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy

About more recent times, I found this very nice dio on the net...

003-copie-9.JPG

Here's a picture of my Merkava!

Merkava%20Tank%20on%20Dio%201-XL.jpg

Awesome Merkava Zach, what scale and brand is it? I like the figures as well.

Tom

I've had it so long, I don't even remember. The tank is a model kit that someone made for me. I'll see if I can find out for you (my guess is 1:35)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back