79th Annual MFCA Show & Mart-April 17-18, 2020 (1 Viewer)

I think I just heard travel was suspended from Europe to the US for the next 30 days, that could be cutting it close for the exbition part of this one!

All of this said, I have to say the last 2 regional shows I was at (one being this past weekend), the attendance was actually higher so who knows.

TD

I think I just heard travel was suspended from Europe to the US for the next 30 days, that could be cutting it close for the exbition part of this one!

All of this said, I have to say the last 2 regional shows I was at (one being this past weekend), the attendance was actually higher so who knows.

TD

It goes into effect on March 13 but it exempts the UK; I’m not sure if that means UK residents or people traveling from the UK. I’m not sure how that step — albeit important — will address the situation in the US. Cleanliness and social distancing (which so far has involved the cancellation or postponement of many events) are probably the most effective steps that can be taken, until a vaccine can be developed and commercialized.

It goes into effect on March 13 but it exempts the UK; I’m not sure if that means UK residents or people traveling from the UK. I’m not sure how that step — albeit important — will address the situation in the US. Cleanliness and social distancing (which so far has involved the cancellation or postponement of many events) are probably the most effective steps that can be taken, until a vaccine can be developed and commercialized.

Add to the decisiojn making, the NBA has suspended the NBA season until further notice.

Then TOM HANKS andhis wife has tested positive plus another actress.

Local shows seem to be a safe choice if you take all the precautions that have been mentioned earlier.

For those local shows -- Drive to the event, [wash your hands] go in [wash your hands] , shop and buy [wash your hands], go home. [wash your hands]

BE SAFE FOLKS!!!

--- LaRRy

Again, each person has to make their own decision here, but parts of this on bodering on nuts IMO. I lived through regular, bird and swine flu. For me personally, F it, I am not changing what I am doing, it is working thus far.

TD

Again, each person has to make their own decision here, but parts of this on bodering on nuts IMO. I lived through regular, bird and swine flu. For me personally, F it, I am not changing what I am doing, it is working thus far.

TD

Has not started yet in NA. Hold tight. And don’t forget, this time no medication available.

germany assumes 70% of the population might get infected. I might think the number might be lower in the US, but not by much.

[h=2]MFCA statement on the Wuhan virus and its impact on our 2020 show:[/h]
To all our friends and patrons,

As concern over the spread of the Wuhan virus increases almost hourly, we wanted to take the opportunity to publish a statement about its impact on our 2020 show on April 17 & 18.

As of today, March 12, we intend on staging the show as planned. We do recognize that the situation is subject to increasing change, and if it becomes necessary for us to change those plans, we will notify you, via our website (www.mfcashow.com), our Facebook page and group; and for our vendors, via email.

As far as everyone’s individual health is concerned, we support the measures recommended for individuals by the Centers for Disease Control, including remaining home and avoiding public places if you feel sick; covering your mouth if you must cough or sneeze, or using the crook of your elbow; and most importantly, washing your hands frequently with soap and hot water, or failing that, using a hand sanitizer.
You may wish to review the CDC’s guidelines for traveling at this time, which can be found here:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html

We hope you remain in good health and look forward to sharing our hobby for years to come.

Best regards,
the members of the Miniature Figure Collectors of America

Brad,

Please see the following recommendation issued today (March 15) by the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...vents/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html

“Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.”

Brad,

Please see the following recommendation issued today (March 15) by the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...vents/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html

“Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.”

<><><><><>

No issue with the COVID-19, Brad.

Mass, NY, NJ and Conn have just closed ALL food establishments, like Bars, Restaurants, Fast Food, Eateries and more.

Penn. is expected to follow suit; so attendees to the show will probably starve first rather than get sick ....:(
Just sayin'

--- LaRRy (the Debbie Downer)

<><><><><>

No issue with the COVID-19, Brad.

Mass, NY, NJ and Conn have just closed ALL food establishments, like Bars, Restaurants, Fast Food, Eateries and more.

Penn. is expected to follow suit; so attendees to the show will probably starve first rather than get sick ....:(
Just sayin'

--- LaRRy (the Debbie Downer)

I believe they have Larry but even if they haven’t those are places to avoid.

Re: 79th Annual MFCA Show & Mart-April 17-18, 2020-CANCELLED

To our friends and patrons,

With the increasing spread of the Wuhan virus, and the measures both the federal and state governments have enacted to limit travel and physical contact, we regret that we have decided to cancel our 2020 Show & Mart. It’s not a decision we make lightly, but recognizing that your health may be at risk, and that so many exhibitors, patrons, and vendors are avoiding undertaking traveling to such events, it is a necessary decision.

For those of you who had already made reservations at the Radisson Philadelphia-Northeast, the hotel is cancelling all room reservations without any penalties or other costs to you.

For our vendors, we’re returning your table reservations in full.

On a positive note, we have our dates for next year’s show. The 2021 Show & Mart will be held on Friday, April 30[SUP]th[/SUP], and Saturday, May 1, 2021.

We look forward to seeing everyone next year, even moreso because we can’t meet this year.

With our best wishes for your health and that of your loved ones,
The members of the MFCA

A painful and sad decision, but I am sure, made in with good will and considerations for all the vendors, artists, dealers and attendees.
I guess we can gaze upon all the photos of the past years, on this forum, and remember how great the MFCA in the past have been and anticipate the fun to be had in 2021.

--- LaRRy

A painful and sad decision, but I am sure, made in with good will and considerations for all the vendors, artists, dealers and attendees.
I guess we can gaze upon all the photos of the past years, on this forum, and remember how great the MFCA in the past have been and anticipate the fun to be had in 2021.

--- LaRRy

Or 2022...................

Brad, do you habe a list of vendors and painters that participate in the competition?

Returned late last night from the show.

My number was down a bit from the last time I did the show back in 2019, but overall I am pleased with the result.

It was great to see a number of customers and dealers I have not seen in 2.5 or so years, the exhibit area was packed with entries, some of the items were beyond spectacular, that end of the hobby fascinates me, ie, painters who do one off figures and dioramas.

Special thanks to Tom for helping me set up and sell on Friday (man, I thought that one fella was going all in on that Aeroart winged hussar) and to Marc for helping me pack and load out on Saturday..................I greatly appreciate the help as well as the support from the attendees in the sales department.

That show is a keeper for me, looking forward to attending for years to come, thanks to all associated with the event for hosting and pulling it off, well done....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back