A few new Warbirds (1 Viewer)

Praetorian

Hi Guys,

I thought you all might like to see some of the newest King & Country Warbirds. They have just arrived from our workshop.

Messerschmitt Me 410 (AIR019) $895
With a crew of two men and powered by two powerful Diamler-Benz DB 603A V12 engines, the ME-410 had a service ceiling of 32,810 feet and a range of nearly 1,400 miles. Its wingspan measured 53 ft 7in and fuselage length was 40 ft 8in.

Arado Flugzeugwerke AR-196 (AIR020) $895
This float-plane was also manned by a two person crew. Its power-plant was a single Bramo 323 9-cylinder radial engine and it had a maximum speed of nearly 200 mph. With a service ceiling of 23,000 ft and a range of 670 miles, the Arado was a hardy reconnaissance aircraft. Its wingspan measured 49 ft 6 in and fuselage length was 38 ft 6 in. This type of plane was carried on some of Germany’s most fearsome and famous battleships, including the Tirpitz and Bismarck.

Fairey Swordfish (AIR022) $895
The Swordfish had a relatively large crew of three: one pilot, a gunner, and an observer. It was powered by a single Bristol Pegasus IIIM.3 radial engine with a maximum speed of 138 mph. It had a service ceiling of 19,250 ft and a maximum range of 565 miles. The Swordfish wingspan measured 45 ft 6in and the fuselage length was 35 ft 8in. It was a Fairey Swordfish that helped slow down and sink the Bismarck.

Happy Collection!
email: sales@kingandcountry.com

Attachments

• ME410_1.jpg
    ME410_1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 485
  • ME410_2.jpg
    ME410_2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 478
  • ME410_3.jpg
    ME410_3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 457
  • Arado_1.jpg
    Arado_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 452
  • Arado_2.jpg
    Arado_2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 456
A few more pictures...

figures are included only for scale

Attachments

• Arado_3.jpg
    Arado_3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Swordfish_1.jpg
    Swordfish_1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 343
  • Swordfish_2.jpg
    Swordfish_2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Swordfish_3.jpg
    Swordfish_3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 341
These are made from WOOD?!!:eek::eek::eek: You would think at first glance that these are plastic kits......Amazing stuff.

Jeff

Jeff,

These are completely different than the old K & C ones or the ones you see on the market. It's almost has a metal veneer on top of it and it's a completely different feel, plus the detail makes it superior to anything out there.

Hi Preatorian-

Thanks for posting.

What is the number production for each of them?

Pierre.

Those look really great. It is hard to believe that those antiquated Swordfish bi-planes were capable of disabling the Bismarck. There must have been something wrong with the anti-aircraft defenses on that ship. The US destroyers played hell with the Japanese air attacks using faster and larger numbers of planes.

Hi Pierre,

The quantity produced for each of these models was 20 aircraft and (Red Devil) they each retail for US$895.

Best and Happy Collecting!

The Swordfish is SICK , way cool model.

I wishing for one for Christmas! I think I better hurry. Anyone know if it is still available...?

Greg

Hi Greg,

My guess is that they are, otherwise Preatorian would'nt had write the email address of the department sale of K&C. Remark, it is a totally free assumption that engages only me :) but, as you said, you better hurray.

I agree with you that the Swordfish is a cool model. I hesitated between it and the Arado but finally went for my first choice.

Best regards,
Pierre.

I would like to see KC do the DO-217 with a ground crew loading the Fritz X.

Adolf Galland

Can anybody help me to find out about the Adolf Galland Figure? I remember previous posts stated that it's a Del Prado figure... but I don't find it in the catalogue.

So where can I get the Adolf Galland figure? (it's not on ebay either, I've checked)

The Galland figure went with WB 01, the polystone ME 109. I've never seen it sold as a separate figure on ebay so I wouldn't hold out any hopes of finding it. You'll have to buy the whole set and that's one very expensive set nowadays.

The Swordfish looks fantastic, and I can recall various tales re Lt Cdr Eugene Esmonde's exploits in attempting to stops the Scharnhorst's "Channel Dash" so it'd be of great personal interest. However, I'm tight for space as it is, and would prefer a few small vignettes and dioramas than clearing an entire shelf to facilitate one warbird. Even then, a warbird really needs to be seen from several angles to appreciate it, and thus I'd imagine needing to dismantle shelves to heighten the space afforded to it if I was getting it. Overall I'd just have to wait until I move from this apartment to a house before the warbirds would become a realistic option. As a matter of interest, how do you all display them?

I was over at a friend's house (Harvey) who just received one and it is huge. Harvey has his Warbirds mostly on top of a couple of cabinets. Mine are on a display case and on top a slightly higher than eye level cabinet.

Hey there, I too just got a Swordfish delivered here. The first thing I noticed is the size, it was HUGE! I must add I was really impressed with the detail and craftmanship of this model. A+ effort Andy!

By the way I had sent ,my bf 110 back to Andy sometime ago and just got it back as well. Landing gear repaired. Andy could not have been more of a gentleman getting this shipped back to HK and back to me.

Both planes are a real treat for me.
Greg

Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know that our Warbirds are now available for purchase on the King & Country website. The aircraft currently in stock can be viewed in the Product Catalogue menu under the heading ‘King & Country Warbirds’.

Happy Collecting!

Hey there, I too just got a Swordfish delivered here. The first thing I noticed is the size, it was HUGE! I must add I was really impressed with the detail and craftmanship of this model. A+ effort Andy!

By the way I had sent ,my bf 110 back to Andy sometime ago and just got it back as well. Landing gear repaired. Andy could not have been more of a gentleman getting this shipped back to HK and back to me.

Both planes are a real treat for me.
Greg

Hi Greg-

Congrats for your acquisition.

I hesitated between the Arado and the Swordfish but finally went for the first one (reminiscence of my childhood).

I totally agree with you in respect of Andy.

My three Bf 110 were broken (the same problem as you - landing gears). Andy and Fanny took care of eveything.

The new packaging is great and I am sure that those kind of incidents will be the exception in the future. Great work Andy!

BTW, which model did you ordered?

Pierre.

Welcome back Pierre, wish I could afford the warbirds and I think you made a wise investment with those babies. Trouble is they look so nice you can never sell them!
RD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back