ACW - Forward Wisconsin! (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Playing around this morning with the two new Wm Britian advancing Iron Brigade figures (#31058 & 31059) I received yesterday. Also featured in these photos are the officer and two members of the 2nd Wisconsin from WB #31051 "Chosen Ground #1", the NCO from WB #17833, and WB #31007 "Iron Brigade Charging (port arms)". The diorama base and Gettysburg backdrop were acquired from Hudson & Allen (Ken & Ericka Osen).
:) Mike

FORWARD WISCONSIN!
Gettysburg, PA
July 1, 1863

Shouting the state motto, "Forward Wisconsin!", 29 year old Captain John R. Spoerri (Milwaukee), leads Company K of the 2nd Wisconsin towards McPhearson's Woods and the sound of battle. Little does he know that before this day is over, he will be counted among the wounded.

PICT0001-27.jpg

PICT0002-24.jpg

PICT0003-19.jpg

Mike...I really like these guys running through the woods...great picture and fabulous backdrop and mat...

Superb Mike. Everything goes together so well:cool::cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Glad you all liked the photos - thank you; Jeremie, Michael, Scott, and Martyn . . . . . . .

Excellent back ground and Iron Brigade figures Mike. Thanks for posting the pictures. John

Mike

You made me think of Wisconsin football.

Randy

Battle Cry

"On, Wisconsin!" was the cry that Arthur MacArthur, Jr. used in the Battle of Chattanooga at Missionary Ridge during the American Civil War. He seized the regimental colors, and rallied his regiment with "On, Wisconsin!", for which he was awarded the Medal of Honor.

University of Wisconsin lyrics

On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin!
Plunge right through that line!
* Run the ball clear down the field,
* A touchdown sure this time. (U rah rah)
Fight on for her fame
Fight! Fellows! - fight, fight, fight!
We'll win this game.
Stand up, Badgers, sing!
"Forward" is our driving spirit,
Loyal voices ring.
Raise her glowing flame
Stand, Fellows, let us now
Salute her name!
* Sometimes these lyrics are altered to say "Run the ball clear down the field, boys--touchdown sure this time!"

State song lyrics

Grand old Badger State!
We, your loyal sons and daughters,
Hail thee, good and great.
Champion of the right,
"Forward", our motto,
God will give thee might!

You can't go wrong with either Wisconsin football, the Iron Brigade, or Mike's great photos.

Knew it wouldn't be long before your newly arrived Iron Brigade figures once again made their appearance Mike. Once again very nicely staged and photograph.

Thanks gentlemen; John, Randy, 6th WI, and Joe . . . . .

Mike
You made me think of Wisconsin football.Randy

Gotta luv Big Ten college football, especially when the Badgers are playing. Tried to stay away from the phrase "On Wisconsin" for this photo series - decided to use the state motto instead "Forward" - wanted to have the viewers think Iron Brigade, not Badger football ;) . . . . . .

Nice to see Mike....looks great, I have my second set of Iron B. in the box that just arrived.......got them for 16 each but appears they probably dont have the case with them.......grrrrr.....but my fav set of all.....thanks for sharing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back