ACW - Gray Tsunami (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Continuing to develop my Confederarte assualt from yesterday. Here I am using 58 figures to create two Confederate regiments (each two figures deep) in a frontal assualt. The front ranks are 33 inches across and the back ranks are 14 inches across. It is almost like a Confederate "tidal wave" or what I would like to call a . . . .
:) Mike

GRAY TSUNAMI

PICT0001-24.jpg

PICT0002-21.jpg

PICT0003-16.jpg

PICT0004-12.jpg

Superb display. Any hints on who they are charging.

Andy

Very cool Mike, that is a lot of figures you have!! I like the backdrop, is it new ?

Thank you Michael, Andy, and Scott . . . .

Superb display. Any hints on who they are charging.
Andy

Andy, I set these up with no particular Union target in mind. One could imagine this Confederate assualt is part of Pickett's Charge on July 3rd, 1863 at Gettysburg . . . . perhaps even Malvern Hill in 1862 . . . That's the beauty of this hobby - letting your imagination run wild . . . .

Very cool Mike, that is a lot of figures you have!! I like the backdrop, is it new ?

Same backdrop from yesterday Scott. Its an actual photograph of Seminary Ridge from the perspective of the Union lines taken by Ken and/or Erica Osen. They had it enlarged (32-inch x 20-inch), reprinted with clay pigment (non-fading) and placed on acid-free archival foam board. I purchased it from them at the Chicago OTSN show this year . . . . its one of my favorite backdrops to use . . . .

Mike: Nice set up particularly that first photo. Imagine that group formed up attacking Buford's dismounted cavalry day one at Gettysburg. I suspect come January once WB rolls out the rest of the Union dismounted cavalry that you will put together a good interpretation of Heth's men making their move towards the high ground.

This looks Great , I love the shot from the side looking down the line . Really nicely done . Thanks for sharing :) Best Regards Gebhard

I love the tonal value, the gray sky makes the picture so connected......put a blue sky in there and the scene would has less impact on the eye......assume art work Mike.....

Mike,

Very nice set-up, your Grey replenishments look great. Very nice one of a kind items.

I hope the Blue wall can hold back the Tsumami.:D

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back