ACW - In the Middle of the Fish Hook (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
I received WB #31067 Union General George Meade and #31068 Union General John Buford this afternoon by way of Treefrog Treasures. Just starting to work them into another photo scenario. Here I have them with WB #17923 Union General Winfield Scott Hancock and #50015C Dismounted Union Cavalry Officer next to #51004 18th/19th Century Farmhouse. I think I will entitle this series . . . . . . . .
:) Mike

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FISH HOOK
Late Afternoon/Early Evening July 1, 1863 Gettysburg
General George Gordon Meade's Headquarters

General George Gordon Meade, Commanding, Army of the Potomac, established his Headquarters in the Leister farm house located just off of the Tanneytown Road south of Gettysburg. This two-room house was the home to the widow Lydia Leister and her six children. The Army of the Potomac was desparately "digging in" all along Cemetery Ridge to the west, and on Little Roundtop anchoring the left flank to the southwest, and on Culp's Hill anchoring the right flank to the north and east. It strecthed like a big meandering fish hook, and Meade's HQ, the Leister house, was right in the middle of the hook. Outside of the farm house and standing on Tanneytown Road, Meade is confuring with officers from his staff and receiving reports of the day's almost disasterous outcome. Brigadier General Buford (First Division Cavalry Corps) and Major General Hancock (II Corps) are pointing out to their commander the union positions along Cemetary Ridge and over to Culp's Hill, and also providing an assessment to enemy strength and position. An officer of the 2nd PA Cavalry Regiment, Army HQ Provost Guard, is in attendance.

PICT0001-21.jpg

Michael...that is a beautiful picture...absolutely crystal clear...I love the poses and scenery...one of your best to date...

Thanks Michael - Continuing the series looking north down Tanneytown Road. The large oak tree arrived at the house today also. It is JG Miniatures #JGS01 "Large Oak Tree" which is very impressive . . . . .

PICT0003-14.jpg

The large oak tree arrived at the house today also. It is JG Miniatures #JGS01 "Large Oak Tree" which is very impressive . . . . .

PICT0003-14.jpg
[/QUOTE]
And very exspensive:Dbut a beautiful tree never the less and photo.
Mark

Thank you Mark - I forgot to mention that Meade, Buford, and the Oak Tree were birthday presents - that makes them even more special. Here's one more for this evening. This perspective is looking southwest down Tanneytown Road with Meade and his staff and the farm house in the background. I wanted to make the old large oak tree the subject of this photo - its really a very very nicely done scenic piece . . . .

PICT0004-10.jpg

It's a beautiful tree Mike...I looked at it a couple of times...but I couldn't pull the trigger...I just bought a couple of the SO9's...I think JG does some great work...

It's a beautiful tree Mike...I looked at it a couple of times...but I couldn't pull the trigger...I just bought a couple of the SO9's...I think JG does some great work...

Thanks Michael. I have been looking at this tree for a long long time and couldn't get myself to "pull the trigger" until now. I used a TF gift certificate that I got from one of my children as a birthday gift, some birthday $$$ - always a great gift - and some TF store credit that I had which in total made this tree very affordable for me.

Great photo's again...that tree is huge....Looks so old and weathered......nice set...always excited to see what is coming from Mike......thanks for sharing

Great series of pictures Mike.

Love the Oak Tree, if John has any for sale at the London Show he will have had to booked extra sales tables;):D

Cheers

Martyn:)

Nice way for me to enjoy my first cup of coffee an to start the morning off Mike and thanks for sharing your birthday gifts with us..........Joe

Thank you Mark - I forgot to mention that Meade, Buford, and the Oak Tree were birthday presents - that makes them even more special. Here's one more for this evening. This perspective is looking southwest down Tanneytown Road with Meade and his staff and the farm house in the background. I wanted to make the old large oak tree the subject of this photo - its really a very very nicely done scenic piece . . . .

PICT0004-10.jpg

All your photos are fabulous Mike but this is the very best of the bunch. Great stuff. The JG tree is fantatsic..

Thank you all very much; Rick, Martyn, Joe, and Scott . . . . .

Mike

The perspective on this photo is absolutely stunning.

I took the liberty of removing the figures' bases (with PE 8) to complete the realism of this 'prize winner'.

Randy

Attachments

• Estelle.jpg
    Estelle.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 84
Mike

The perspective on this photo is absolutely stunning.

I took the liberty of removing the figures' bases (with PE 8) to complete the realism of this 'prize winner'.

Randy

Thank you so much Randy. Your editing efforts are very much appreciated. One of these days I am going to have to get off my "butt" and invest in editing software - it certainly can enhance the effectiveness of a photo as you have so aptly shown here. I liked the results so much that I have included it in my "Vintage ACW Photos" thread under the Dioramas/Diodramas section . . . .

Thank you so much Randy. Your editing efforts are very much appreciated. One of these days I am going to have to get off my "butt" and invest in editing software - it certainly can enhance the effectiveness of a photo as you have so aptly shown here. I liked the results so much that I have included it in my "Vintage ACW Photos" thread under the Dioramas/Diodramas section . . . .

Hi Mike

When I had to get a new computer, back in August, Adobe Photoshop was included. Simple to use and very effective;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back