ACW - The Alabama Brigade (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
This morning I am continuing to enjoy some of the items I acquired at the OTSN show in Chicago. This series of photos features a new Hudson & Allen 11" x 28" Tree/Hedgerow Lined Dirt Road shelf diroama made by Ken & Erica Osen. The 20" x 32" backdrop is a photograph of Gettysburg taken by the Osen's which they had multiples made of using non-fading clay pigments mounted on acid-free archival foam board. Also featured are a few Wm Britain Confederate Infantry conversions which Ken did and then repainted as masters - these came in their own box and each were signed by Ken - I got four of these figure conversions at the show and have five more on order.
:) Mike

THE ALABAMA BRIGADE (Brig. Gen. Cadmus Wilcox)
ANDERSON'S DIVISION (Maj. Gen. Richard Anderson)
CSA THIRD CORPS (Lt. Gen. A. P. Hill)
July 2, 1863 Gettysburg, PA

Elements of the 14th Alabama emerge from Spangler's Woods as they continue down a farm lane that will pass by the Spangler Farm and soon to the Emmitsburg Road, now defended by elements of the Federal III Corps (Sickles). Off to their right they can hear Longstreet's Corps (Barksdale's Mississippians) engaging with the enemy. As they advance towards the sound of battle they know all to well that they too will soon be in "harms way".

PICT0001-16.jpg

PICT0002-14.jpg

PICT0003-10.jpg

PICT0004-6.jpg

PICT0005-2.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0007-2.jpg

Oh yea I ate it up!!! Is the Hudson and Allen mat available? i did not know if it was something you gut at the show, but was not out yet. Were the trees already on the mat?

Thank you Bama Boy - I am not surprised that my title to this thread attracted your attention :D

Oh yea I ate it up!!! Is the Hudson and Allen mat available? i did not know if it was something you gut at the show, but was not out yet. Were the trees already on the mat?

The H&A dio base is a "one-of-a-kind" custom creation made specifically for sale at the OTSN show. Everything you see in the photos (trees, elevations, grass, bushes) are fixed to the base. These bases make everything come to life in my opinion and that is one of the many reasons I am a big fan of Ken & Ericka's creative work. Glad you liked the photos . . .

More lovely photos Mike. Keep them coming!! I agree about Kens and Erica's dio pieces is really does make everything come to life. W.B's need to do more marching figures both Union and Confederates.

Great set up. Puts the viewer right there. Those bases are the best. They are just so real looking. Nice aquisition. -- Al

Thanks Titus and Al . . . .

More lovely photos Mike. Keep them coming!! I agree about Kens and Erica's dio pieces is really does make everything come to life. W.B's need to do more marching figures both Union and Confederates.

Of the 9 WB conversion figures I got/am getting from Ken, 6 of them are marching with the rifles at "Right Shoulder Shift" with the barrels at varying angles of carry. All 6 are different and unique from each other, basically being achieved with different heads, hats, arms, and of course paint scheme.

Another cracking group of photos Mike, it's like being there. Thanks for sharing your new figures and dio pieces with us.

Ooooooooh Mike...you're getting such a nice collection of Ken's groundwork and backdrops...they really make the figures come to life...

Mike you done it again how entertaining was that!!! It's time to consider printing off your work on good paper and having it bound in soft bound cover and put them out for production.....I would be first in line with my check book....what a outstanding inspiring collection of photos it would be!!! Thanks for making this board so enjoyable....

Thank you gentlemen; Scott, Michael, ANV, rharry, and 10th LA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back