ACW063-ACW069 Union Civil War Artillery Pre-Order!!! (2 Viewers)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
Up next for our American Civil War figure range and continuing coverage of the Battle of Gettysburg, we are pleased to start the pre-order of the first artillery for the range. Artillery played a dominant role on the American Civil War battlefield, responsible for more casualties than any of the other arms. With the advent of rifled guns such as our 3 inch Ordnance piece ACW069, cannons were far more accurate and at greater ranges than ever before. Our coverage has 6 different figures including an officer packaged as individual sets to allow for maximum flexibility. We will add additional gun types over time. So hopefully this will provide Buford with some much needed reinforcements to help him hold back the mass of Confederates we've released for the range already! We sincerely hope you enjoy them!

UnionArty.jpg

ACW063 Union Artillery Captain - $59.95
ACW064 Union Artillery Crew Sergeant Aiming Gun - $54.95
ACW065 Union Artillery Crew with Cartridge - $54.95
ACW066 Union Artillery Crew Pushing Gun Wheel - $54.95
ACW067a Union Artillery Crew with Sponge/Rammer - Forage Cap - $54.95
ACW067b Union Artillery Crew with Sponge/Rammer - Slouch Hat - $54.95
ACW068 Union Artillery Crew with Handspike - $54.95
ACW069 3 Inch Ordnance Rifle - $64.95
Shipping Early January 2012

ACW063Page1.jpg

ACW063

ACW064Page1.jpg

ACW064

ACW065Page1.jpg

ACW065

ACW066Page1.jpg

ACW066

ACW067aPage1.jpg

ACW067a

ACW067bPage1.jpg

ACW067b

ACW068Page1.jpg

ACW068

ACW069Page1.jpg

ACW069

Best,

Matt
First Legion Ltd

Matt,

These look fantastic and will be an addition to my Aero Art artillery crew.

Brad

Great stuff here! First Legion has done an excellent job with this release. Not only does the set look amazing, but collectors have great flexibility in matching their budget with display considerations. I think the decision by FL to release these pieces individually is a sound one.

Noah

Very nice set but at $454.60 it would just be too expensive to build a battery.
So while it is not apples to apples I prefer having three WB artillery sets to one FL as I enjoy larger dioramas.

If FL ever releases a full galloping caisson set I would imagine the price tag at over $1000.00!

Rich,

Price is definitely a consideration but if you want Russian style figures you don't really have a choice. Morevoer, the price of the Aero Art battery was certainly comparable to the First Legion one.

For those who build very large dioramas like Bob (UK Reb) and who are skillful enough to mix in a variety of figures without much noticeable difference, the Britains batteries are definitely an option. However for the rest of us who may not be so skilled ^&grin, mixing may not be the way to go.

As I already have the Aero Art battery, I think the Aero Art and First Legion will go together nicely.

Brad

Rich,

Price is definitely a consideration but if you want Russian style figures you don't really have a choice. Morevoer, the price of the Aero Art battery was certainly comparable to the First Legion one.

For those who build very large dioramas like Bob (UK Reb) and who are skillful enough to mix in a variety of figures without much noticeable difference, the Britains batteries are definitely an option. However for the rest of us who may not be so skilled ^&grin, mixing may not be the way to go.

As I already have the Aero Art battery, I think the Aero Art and First Legion will go together nicely.

Brad

Hi Brad,
Agree with you.....I collect FL Renaissance and Crusader series for smaller dioramas. They are works of art but quite pricey if you are putting together a 50 to 100 piece diorama.

I have to state here at the beginning, that I collect the Napoleonic range, and haven't jumped into the Civil War series yet. But I just don't like The Civil War Series' lack of historical accuracy. The Officer shouldn't have a stripe down his trousers but a welt (thin piping) down the seam, only NCO's have trouser stripes (different widths for Sergeants and Corporals.) If I had any talent, I could make the changes myself. I can't, so I have to try and buy them that way.

All of that said, they are beautiful figures!

I have to state here at the beginning, that I collect the Napoleonic range, and haven't jumped into the Civil War series yet. But I just don't like The Civil War Series' lack of historical accuracy. The Officer shouldn't have a stripe down his trousers but a welt (thin piping) down the seam, only NCO's have trouser stripes (different widths for Sergeants and Corporals.) If I had any talent, I could make the changes myself. I can't, so I have to try and buy them that way.

Beautiful set, I was wondering about the figure with the handspike. He has a stripe down the side of his trousers yet he does not seem to have any stripes, corporal, or sgt. Of course he could be wearing attire from a fallen comarde.

Walt

You are not the only one who has noticed some historical inaccuracy in many of FL's Civil War sets. I do have several of the 13th Alabama figures and they look great, but have stayed away from many others...

Beautiful set, I was wondering about the figure with the handspike. He has a stripe down the side of his trousers yet he does not seem to have any stripes, corporal, or sgt. Of course he could be wearing attire from a fallen comarde.

Walt

From my research, The trousers were issued with stripes. There are images of plains indians receiving Civil War surplus trousers and some had stripes. There were also times when orders went out to the troops to wear their chevrons. I think that may be a bit of stepping into someone respected shoe and not wanting to wear stripes, or just not having the time or energy to sew them on. The soldier with the hand spike could be a corporal that received the trousers in issue but hasn't sewn on the stripes yet. I never read that scenario didn't happen at some time or another.

I really like the Artillery Shell jackets that some of the soldiers were wearing and the sack coats mixed in. I am a fan of the Iron Brigade and I am excited to see what Matt does with them. I am hoping for the 19th Indiana to be portrayed.

From my research, The trousers were issued with stripes. There are images of plains indians receiving Civil War surplus trousers and some had stripes. There were also times when orders went out to the troops to wear their chevrons. I think that may be a bit of stepping into someone respected shoe and not wanting to wear stripes, or just not having the time or energy to sew them on. The soldier with the hand spike could be a corporal that received the trousers in issue but hasn't sewn on the stripes yet. I never read that scenario didn't happen at some time or another.

I really like the Artillery Shell jackets that some of the soldiers were wearing and the sack coats mixed in. I am a fan of the Iron Brigade and I am excited to see what Matt does with them. I am hoping for the 19th Indiana to be portrayed.

Thanks for the info. I really like this set. I would be very happy to own one!

Walt

These figures are more like works of art than toy soldiers in my opinion. I really do enjoy them even though there may be a lack of accuracy every now and then, but I guess you can say that for any company/builder. I just recieved my General John F. Reynolds figure yesterday and have added him with the rest of my Confederate Infantry. I cannot wait for the Iron Brigade release so I can have him leading the way with them.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Matt indicated that Iron Brigade may not be next on the list in 2013 so it will be interesting to see what he has in mind.

Another nicely sculpted and painted figure offerings from FL. Its nice that FL has offered the gun crew figures separately so that the collector can decide what "gun action" he wants to portray. What I mean by this is; ACW064 (Gunner) and ACW068 (gun position #3) are aiming the gun. ACW066 (gun position #1) is returning the gun to battery after it has been fired. ACW065 (gun position #2), and ACW067a & b (gun position #1) are loading the gun. These are all three distinct & separate steps in operating the gun and would have never been done simultaneously. Hopefully FL will offer gun position #4 (figure with friction primer & lanyard) to add to this group.
:smile2: Mike

Matt indicated that Iron Brigade may not be next on the list in 2013 so it will be interesting to see what he has in mind.

I would love to see more personalities...hopefully some Confederate ones. :D

Whenever the Iron Brigade Arrives, I would be interested to see them. Not too many people have done the 14th Brooklyn. First legion could do an awesome job.

You are not the only one who has noticed some historical inaccuracy in many of FL's Civil War sets. I do have several of the 13th Alabama figures and they look great, but have stayed away from many others...

In many of FL's Civil war sets?I have always thought that they were fairly accurate,especially the Confederates.
Jeff

In many of FL's Civil war sets?I have always thought that they were fairly accurate,especially the Confederates.
Jeff

They are fairly accurate, but there are a few quirky things that aren't historically correct. I have read quite a bit about the Civil War and Reenacted the Civil War for a long time. I have done a lot of research to get uniform and drill details right.(Particularly into the Army of the Potomac.) The first legion figures are beautifully done but some small uniform details and stances aren't quite right in my very amateur opinion.
I believe that all that is really important is that you are happy with your purchase as I am very happy with mine. I buy exclusively First Legion now.

In response to a question I posed to him, Matt said there would be no more ACW releases for at least six months (since he had done two already in the last six months). In the second half of 2013, there would be a "major Union release" and some personalities and maybe some Rebel artillery (but he said please don't hold him to the artillery).

In response to a question I posed to him, Matt said there would be no more ACW releases for at least six months (since he had done two already in the last six months). In the second half of 2013, there would be a "major Union release" and some personalities and maybe some Rebel artillery (but he said please don't hold him to the artillery).

Well I guess that gives me time to keep adding to my Confederate collection then. ^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back