AK diorama (2 Viewers)

Joey

Private 1st Class
This is one of the new diorama's on the K&C website, under the Afrika korps range.

EcatCatg

I didn't see there and couldn't basically see the rest of the site because, for lack of better words, it doesn't work very well. Andy, please do something with the site.

After a few minutes, it started to open. I too had to be patient to see it, but it worked...

I waited and the photo loaded up. If you noticed his reference to making a diorama with the modern Iraq/Afghanistan K&C stuff, I bought it a couple of years ago, took off the one of a kind British SAS Land Rover Andy had made, and moved in time and place from Iraq, 2004 to Libya, 1942: it will be on display at the Symposium as a Long Range Desert Group/SAS Diorama.

As I said before, the sites do work but take a long time to load - I guess it's something to do with their computer and or server speed.

I clicked on Joey's link and all I see are the products. There is no diorama there. Is is somewhere else, like Dramatic Displays? Maybe somebody can post it because I can't bloody find it.

Between this tread and the other concerning the very slow start-up of the K&C home page, I am reminded of an addict not being able to find his supplier because the phone number used to contact him just rings and rings and rings. Or, nobody is ever home (or at their regular street corner) when you go by their place for the tenth or eleventh time. Naw, we are not addicts; naw, we are not addicts; naw .... if I keep saying this, then maybe.. :D Michael

Guys,
You will just have to be a little more patient. Hong Kong businesses, including K&C's ISP, are traditionally closed for up to five days for Chinese New Year. There is probably no one around to fix the problem.:(

Jazzeum,

I think I might have the solution. I saved the picture. The problem is, that I don't know how to put the picture on the forum. So if anyone can do this for me, please post your email adress...

I've received the picture from Joey. However, since I'm still at work and won't be home until after eight (EST) since I have a meeting at my son's school, I forwarded it to Shannon, asking her to post it. If it's not up when I get home, then I will do it.

It was the Afrika Korps range that first got me into K&C and i still feel it is their best range and the only one i intend to collect every piece of.

It just seems to have that extra quality about it that suggests it's a favourite with the K&C team.

Though it seems hard to improve on previous releases this new collection seems like another step forward.

There is a fantastic new Rommel figure available from the Russians. It is shown on the Michigan Toy Co. site but I bought it from a local dealer. I was dubious because of the low price at $100 (at least by russian standards) until I saw it for real. Comparable in quality to the more expensive pieces. It also seems to be about 60mm - so might be compatible with the AK sets. Would strongly recommend this one to anyone that can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back