Alamo diorama build (1 Viewer)

Alexdakar

Command Sergeant Major
I'm building an Alamo diorama for my cabinet so I don't have all the space I want but will try to make it work. Here is my first picture of the build its the base cut in two so it can fit in the cabinet. What do you think guys. :)

2569640840_3c8e071e3a.jpg

Alex:

How about a few shots of your finished cabinet, and man cave!

Njja

I'm building an Alamo diorama for my cabinet so I don't have all the space I want but will try to make it work. Here is my first picture of the build its the base cut in two so it can fit in the cabinet. What do you think guys. :)

It's a good start Alex would you be good enough to tell me the tickness of the blue foam......Joe

It's a good start Alex would you be good enough to tell me the tickness of the blue foam......Joe

The tickness of the foam is 3/4 inch. I don't know if its me or what but I have an easier time cutting the pink foam than the blue one.

Here is where my diorama will reside. Its a 24in x 18in space with blue paper for the background and I plan on airbrushing some clouds which I have never done before but will give it a shot.

2569641106_78c5842695.jpg

2569641028_68e9cdb49a.jpg

Alex:

How about a few shots of your finished cabinet, and man cave!

Njja

Soon John I'm actually cleaning and organizing my man cave because we will be throwing a birthday party for my daughter in a couple of weeks.

I think this sort of thread is a good idea, and I look forward to seeing the way you go about building and painting.

Regards

Jeff

Here is where my diorama will reside. Its a 24in x 18in space with blue paper for the background and I plan on airbrushing some clouds which I have never done before but will give it a shot.

2569641106_78c5842695.jpg

2569641028_68e9cdb49a.jpg

I am sure that you will do a great job....Nice shelve BTW, really nice the way you displayed your collection.

Alex in my case I am still looking for a good deal for buy an airbrush + compression....I really need one. My work will improve with an AIRBRUSH if you know some place or someone willing to sell (good price), please tell me.

Rod.

I think this sort of thread is a good idea, and I look forward to seeing the way you go about building and painting.

Regards

Jeff

I'm looking forward to seeing the building and painting too because I have some what of an idea going through the process but its not all planned out yet. I might get stuck along the way so maybe I'll be asking for some help and also I want to finish this quickly before people show up for my daughter's birthday party. We'll see. :eek:

I'm looking forward to seeing the building and painting too because I have some what of an idea going through the process but its not all planned out yet. I might get stuck along the way so maybe I'll be asking for some help and also I want to finish this quickly before people show up for my daughter's birthday party. We'll see. :eek:

Looking at the photos of your other dio's I don't think you will need much help, those are impressive.

Jeff

Thanks Alex for getting back to me and got to agree with Jeff I don't think you need much help either.....Joe

Alex, As a fellow Almao collector, I look forward to your dio. I have made a few small dios too. Perhaps I can take pictures this weekend and get them on this thread to compare notes. I like the idea about the background. I have been thinking about how to put in a background scene. I will be watching your project closely Thanks.
Lou:D

I'm planning on using joint compound for the ground work but was wondering do I add the gravel and stones to the compound and mix it up or add them after I lay down the joint compound. :confused:

Joint compound, similar to spackle, right? I would lay down the base first, and then place or sprinkle the rubble material over it, while it's still wet/soft.

If it's possible to tint the base compound first, even better.

Prost!
Brad

Same thing except spackle is used for small holes and compound for larger areas. I think I'll go with laying down the base then add gravel and stones but I want them to be all the same color thats why I was thinking of mixing it all together.

Same thing except spackle is used for small holes and compound for larger areas. I think I'll go with laying down the base then add gravel and stones but I want them to be all the same color thats why I was thinking of mixing it all together.

A quick waft over with your airbrush would blend them in, I'd have thought.
Looking good so far, like the wall.

Simon

Good one Simon. If I don't like the way it turns out then I'll airbrush the groundwork.

Can,t wait to see the finished product!
This guy is GOOD!
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back