An Easy ACW Modification (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Its been a very rainy day here so I thought I would continue to work on the modifications to my ACW dio-table (see my previous thread http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?44568-Rearranging-My-ACW-Dio-Table). I modified WB #17615 "Turnpike Fence" so that the figures from Conte ACW set #57122 "Antietam Signature Series - Confederates" (Sculpted by Ken Osen when he worked for Conte) could be used with it. This was a very simple modification that required drilling two small holes into two of the fence rails in order to accomodate the attachment pins on two of the figures; one jumping off the fence after going over it, and one falling backward off the fence after being shot. The modified fence section with figures will be used with the four new WB Confederate w/Fence Sections sets that will be released this fall. The "quick fix" turned out very well and will certainly be a nice addition to my planned 52" turnpike fence length with Rebels pouring over it. Here are some photos:
:smile2: Mike

A stock photo of Conte limited edition ACW #57122 "Antietam Signature Series - Confederates:

Photos of my modified WB turnpike fence section with the Conte figures attached/staged:

I feel that these will blend in nicely with these (Ken OSen Photo):

Great job, Mike! I sure wish I had the talent/skill to modify figures like that. Looks like they will fit in nice with the upcoming Britains sets.

Great job, Mike! I sure wish I had the talent/skill to modify figures like that. Looks like they will fit in nice with the upcoming Britains sets.

Thankyou Cameron. Really it doesn't take much talent to drill two holes in a fence rail, anybody could do it . . . .

Thankyou Cameron. Really it doesn't take much talent to drill two holes in a fence rail, anybody could do it . . . .

Haha...I guess that's true. Although I have a huge fear of messing up the figures and such so I would NEVER try it. ;)

I really like the last picture! It is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad

Its been a very rainy day here so I thought I would continue to work on the modifications to my ACW dio-table (see my previous thread http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?44568-Rearranging-My-ACW-Dio-Table). I modified WB #17615 "Turnpike Fence" so that the figures from Conte ACW set #57122 "Antietam Signature Series - Confederates" (Sculpted by Ken Osen when he worked for Conte) could be used with it. This was a very simple modification that required drilling two small holes into two of the fence rails in order to accomodate the attachment pins on two of the figures; one jumping off the fence after going over it, and one falling backward off the fence after being shot. The modified fence section with figures will be used with the four new WB Confederate w/Fence Sections sets that will be released this fall. The "quick fix" turned out very well and will certainly be a nice addition to my planned 52" turnpike fence length with Rebels pouring over it. Here are some photos:

A stock photo of Conte limited edition ACW #57122 "Antietam Signature Series - Confederates:

Photos of my modified WB turnpike fence section with the Conte figures attached/staged:

You had no doubts that they would Mike. Nicely done my friend.:salute:::salute:::

I really like the last picture! It is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad

Brad the last photo was taken by Ken Osen to showcase the upcoming fall releases of the 4 sets shown on the photo. I have to agree with you likewise . . . its an awesome pic.

You had no doubts that they would Mike. Nicely done my friend.:salute:::salute:::

Thanks Joe . . . . I am certainly looking forward to merging these Conte figures that Ken sculpted years ago, with his newly sculpted WB Reb figures coming out in the fall . . . . Obviously the Confederates are not about to be "fenced in". I continue to "nibble away" at some revisions to my dio-table in preparation of the new arrivals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back