ANNOUNCEMENT: JJD 2nd ANNUAL ASIA EVENT (part 2/3) 6:00-9:00pm (1 Viewer)

Vicknor

Sergeant
6:00-6:30pm (HK Time +7hrs GMT)

Early arrivals and the first bottle of wine. John will be setting up some new and upcoming pieces that have not been seen at any show previews and displaying the raffle prizes for the evening. This is really just meet and greet and talk about the pieces on show or collecting orders from John to be smuggled through various Asian custom points.

6:30-7:00pm (HK Time +7hrs GMT)

A time for attendees to collar John and ask him about their pieces, upcoming releases and future ranges and to talk general Toy Soldiers or discuss the chances of Leicester City winning the English Premier League this year.

7:00-9:00pm (HK Time +7hrs GMT)

Facebook Q&A with John (in text and video) through the ‘Toy Soldier Collector Asia’ Facebook group.

Between 7-9:00pm, John will answer (text or video) at least 8 questions (closer to 10 or 12), with 1 question and answer being posted every 12-15 minutes (wine caveats apply here).

All questions need to be submitted in advance (like any leader :smile2:) through the threads on:

TOY SOLDIER COLLECTOR ASIA FACEBOOK GROUP (in reply to this announcement) - LINK HERE

TREEFROG FORUM – JJD ANNUAL EVENT THREAD (in reply to this announcement)

INTERNATIONAL METAL TOY SOLDIER COLLECTORS FACEBOOK GROUP – EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT POST (in reply to this announcement) LINK HERE

SMS/WHATSAPP/EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU KNOW ATTENDING (must be in advance)

Many thanks to all the forums and groups for taking part in this event.

7:00-9:00pm (HK Time +7hrs GMT)

SNEAK PEAKS – the collectors in-situ will see the physical up-coming sneak peaks and will each have their pictures/video taken with said sneak-peak. These pictures will then be posted approximately every 10-20 minutes on the ‘Toy Soldier Collector Asia’ Facebook page, but of course we encourage people to share these pictures with others through various forums/websites and chat groups. John understand that not everyone is on Facebook, but this is just one of many avenues of communication he’s taking this year.

TOMORROW, SATURDAY - WILL SEE THE FINAL INSTALMENT OF THE JJD ANNUAL ASIA EVENT INCLUDING THE 'INTERNATIONAL OPEN QUIZ' WITH PLENTY OF PRIZES FOR NON-ATTENDEES

PLEASE START SUBMITTING YOUR QUESTIONS FOR JOHN TO ANSWER IN REPLY TO THIS THREAD - John is currently in China and won't get to see the questions just yet

POST QUESTIONS HERE >>>>>

Question for the event :

What is John's view on retiring ranges? Nearly all of his ranges appear to be added to continuously, albeit the older ones get the occasional individual piece rather than mass releases, but the end is rarely definitively stated. By comparison K&C often state a range has ended and there may be no return for many years ( think ACW). With increasing numbers of ranges isnt it going to get harder to keep running with releases on all fronts unless there is an expansion in production planned? If some ranges have definitely ended for now, which ones are they?

Best
andrew

What is the status of the JJ collector's club? There haven't been any such releases in a great while.

Here’s one I’ve asked John and he hasn’t answered yet;

‘Is there a range that you would especially like to do, but won’t because of say lack of sales potential/complexity/weirdness etc?’

Would a 1066 range (Vikings, Anglo-Saxons and Normans) be something, you would consider doing?

Niels

I would like to ask John if he would consider an early British WW1 tank crew wearing the leather helmets. Also, an early tank with steering tail wheels and grenade screens on the roof. Male and female versions.

A Dunkirk Spitfire Mk1 would be nice too, with the black and white painted underside.

Best regards,

Mark

I have asked John about some WWI Germans, perhaps a machine gun team, artillery piece and some trench raiders.
He seemed to be interested but no commitment, is the WWI series over?
Also would he consider WWI Russians?

Question for the event: Does John have any plans to revisit the Peninsular War and War of 1812 series? And if so, does he have any information that he can share with collectors?

Thanks,

Brendan

Gentle Friends,

I have been collecting the Aztecs included in the "Conquest of the Americas" range. I realize Conquistadors are soon to be released. In addition to the Aztecs and Conquistadors, will there be additional groups introduced into the line? If so, what might those groups be?

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Dear All,

Across the various submission avenues, we have about 20+ questions to John - i’d Like to ask people to post their questions to John as soon as you are able as I’ll be emailing them to him tomorrow morning HK time.

HK is currently GMT+7

Had some great queries so far, but let’s test John as much as we can {sm4}

Another question for john ,Darren:-

My wife karen has said to me in the past "what do you expect me to do with these miniature armies when you pass on " and my answer is " simple.....i want to be buried with them like the chinese emperor and his terracotta warriors at xian. Or maybe a saxon longship burial." In that vein .....when john retires from sculpting ( may that day be many decades away)what are the plans for JJD ? Is there a successor in his mind .....a son of jenkins to keep the legacy going for all us collectors who are still around .....or will the JJD brand hang up its boots?

Another question for john ,Darren:-

My wife karen has said to me in the past "what do you expect me to do with these miniature armies when you pass on " and my answer is " simple.....i want to be buried with them like the chinese emperor and his terracotta warriors at xian. Or maybe a saxon longship burial." In that vein .....when john retires from sculpting ( may that day be many decades away)what are the plans for JJD ? Is there a successor in his mind .....a son of jenkins to keep the legacy going for all us collectors who are still around .....or will the JJD brand hang up its boots?

Bit intense for a night in Plat {eek3}:smile2:

John has sent me the answers to about 20 questions so far.

There’s some very informative answers and AT LEAST ONE very big answer.

Let’s hit John with a few more big questions as he’s busy moaning about Leicester losing.

Come on chaps. What do you really want to know? ^&grin

John has sent me the answers to about 20 questions so far.

There’s some very informative answers and AT LEAST ONE very big answer.

Let’s hit John with a few more big questions as he’s busy moaning about Leicester losing.

Come on chaps. What do you really want to know? ^&grin

When he making a King tiger and Me 262^&grin

Any chance of John considering covering the Falklands conflict?

I would love to see his take on the Harrier Jump Jet. It was up there with the Spitfire as a British icon in the 80's.

Any chance of John considering covering the Falklands conflict?

I would love to see his take on the Harrier Jump Jet. It was up there with the Spitfire as a British icon in the 80's.

RAF Spitfire would nice with a Gloster Meteor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back