Are most posters afraid??? (3 Viewers)

Hartschier

Private 2
I have been so recently involved with this forum.......but it just seems that most members are afraid to be honest??

Yes or No

It has been my experience that most people prefer not to be drawn into an uncomfortable situation. I would not classify it as fear. Often when a member attempts to express his point of view he can find himself under pressure quite often from one group or another that feel the only correct opinion is theirs.:)

There are quite a few members that speak up, and quite a few others that do not hesitate to send private messages supporting one thing or another that they might agree with.

Best advice is feel free to express your opinions, try not to make it personal, and let the chips fall where they may.

Sometimes I wish I could keep my views to myself......but I can only accomplish that on a limited basis!:rolleyes::)

I have been so recently involved with this forum.......but it just seems that most members are afraid to be honest??

Yes or No

it's a small community...

the toes you step on today...maybe be on the feet your kissing tomorrow...

it's a small community...

the toes you step on today...maybe be on the feet your kissing tomorrow...
NOT...I will quit being a part of this forum as well as buying!!!

But I doubt that will happen.....because I know Andy is going to keep me happy!!

It has been my experience that most people prefer not to be drawn into an uncomfortable situation. I would not classify it as fear. Often when a member attempts to express his point of view he can find himself under pressure quite often from one group or another that feel the only correct opinion is theirs.:)

There are quite a few members that speak up, and quite a few others that do not hesitate to send private messages supporting one thing or another that they might agree with.

Best advice is feel free to express your opinions, try not to make it personal, and let the chips fall where they may.

Sometimes I wish I could keep my views to myself......but I can only accomplish that on a limited basis!:rolleyes::)
Well, I thought that as well. But I remembered one thing from my business....the buyer is always right!!

If not than lets see what happens.

Yes or No

Honest about what? I have often called Andy out on inaccuracies or perceived mistakes in his models. I enjoy talking to him and the models keep getting better, with fewer inaccuracies. So, no, I'm not afraid to tell K&C what I think. As far as Andy's business practices? In the end K&C is a private venture. They will succeed or fail on their own, based on their creativity and committment. As much fun as it is to "advise" Andy and the gang, it's still his company. He is free to run things his way and I am free to purchase or not. So far that arrangement has worked quite well and I hope it continues.

Gary B.

Honest about what? I have often called Andy out on inaccuracies or perceived mistakes in his models. I enjoy talking to him and the models keep getting better, with fewer inaccuracies. So, no, I'm not afraid to tell K&C what I think. As far as Andy's business practices? In the end K&C is a private venture. They will succeed or fail on their own, based on their creativity and commitment. As much fun as it is to "advise" Andy and the gang, it's still his company. He is free to run things his way and I am free to purchase or not. So far that arrangement has worked quite well and I hope it continues.

Gary B.

Thanks for your reply!!! Let him do what he wants!! Go buy what you want...sorry I disturbed you!!! I just took a break from A Bridge Too Far!!

Remember..were the cavalry...it would be bad form to arrive in advance of schedule... Michael Caine!!! A Bridge Too Far..Go watch it!~!!:)

I have always wondered how manufacturers take criticism...I have spoken to JJ about this a lot...where it would irritate me...he seems very thick skinned and relishes comments on any inaccuracies...he wants to learn from the "experts" and be corrected if needed...he says it's impossible to research everything and learns a lot from these people...

I remember when there was a long discussion on the "serge grey" uniforms on his upcoming Gordons...he was very interested in this thread...then when he debuted his first plane...he was very anxious to receive any criticism on detail...thankfully there was none...he was apparently spot on...

I have always wondered how manufacturers take criticism on mistakes...as a collector...I can live with quite a few...to a "rivet counter"...it's the difference between buying or passing...

Mike I love ya...fellow Texicans have ta...

I have rarely found the business professional that does not take constructive criticism without retaliation!!!!!

During the Olympics when two of the factories were shut down....so the pollution and belching smoke could be lessened..to fool us idiot westerners....I still supported the lines...prices raised....and never came down after they re-opened...but I do not know anything...i am only starting an 11 million dollar contract on Monday...

Now I am at the part where Harry leads Anthony Hopkins commandos out on the bridge.....in a Bridge too Far...Gotta go for now....or as Winnie the Pooh said TTFN.....:)

Back on the next break!!

I have always wondered how manufacturers take criticism...I have spoken to JJ about this a lot...where it would irritate me...he seems very thick skinned and relishes comments on any inaccuracies...he wants to learn from the "experts" and be corrected if needed...he says it's impossible to research everything and learns a lot from these people...

I remember when there was a long discussion on the "serge grey" uniforms on his upcoming Gordons...he was very interested in this thread...then when he debuted his first plane...he was very anxious to receive any criticism on detail...thankfully there was none...he was apparently spot on...

I have always wondered how manufacturers take criticism on mistakes...as a collector...I can live with quite a few...to a "rivet counter"...it's the difference between buying or passing...

Michael,

It is often the manner in which the criticism is conveyed that determines the response, assuming there is substance in the criticism.

If a collector is critical in a polite and civil manner, I would think most manufacturers would be receptive and even thankful.

On the other hand, if a collector is critical in an uncivil and dismissive manner, even the most thick skinned of people would take offence.

I think manufacturers should be open to constructive criticism as it is one of the best ways to improve their products.

Raymond:)

Well, I thought that as well. But I remembered one thing from my business....the buyer is always right!!

If not than lets see what happens.

That is not always the case. There are many establishments that have refused service to customers. Although, I believe customer service is very important, I don't think dealers have to deal with customers that are a pain. Business and Life are like a crap sandwhich, the more dough you have , the less crap you have to eat.

That is not always the case. There are many establishments that have refused service to customers. Although, I believe customer service is very important, I don't think dealers have to deal with customers that are a pain. Business and Life are like a crap sandwhich, the more dough you have , the less crap you have to eat.
I appreciate your response!! I need to change businesses!!!

Now I think we should end this thread and talk about soldiers!!!!

What are your lines?

In Terms of K&C, WWII, Romans, Glossy Sudan.
Great. I had the chance to buy some of the glossy Sudan's once and missed the boat. They are nice..I just could not get to a computer in time for the auction.

Boy does that bring up an idea. Camel Corp's!!!! How about Camel ambulance....oh stop me....never happen.. I guess I will have to settle for my Beau Geste until....?

Love to see your Sudan's if you have any pics!!

I actually have quite a collection of really old K&C items. One of my prized pieces is a glossy NAP WAR Prussian Death's Head Hussar.

I also have all the first early 01 and on Afrika Korps!! This was an expensive but well worth it endeavor.

Yes or No

I think that they would be foolish if they were. Andy is a bootneck, let's not forget that. I've worked with them in the past... even spent a short while "trapping" and running amok with some of them in the Viking Club, Lord Nelson and various establishments in Poole back in 'my day'. Good blokes, not afraid to come out swinging if need be and man enough to get on with things afterwords without all the petty BS and recriminations we see outside in the civilian world.

I'll say what I think and I am sure Andy will say what he thinks. If he disagrees, well so be it. I don't think that he will think any less of me nor I less of him, even if we don't agree. But, my best mates seem to be those that I argue with the most.

I have no problem saying that i am getting tired of WW2 releases.....;)

I think by just reading a few of the more spirited threads on this forum, that one must conclude that our members pretty much say what they want about any subject, with civility the golden rule, for the most part.... -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back