• AWI

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tricky_1805

Private
Lots and lots of 20th cent war stuff but not much Nap or AWI.:(
Does anyone know why KGL are going before 42nd Highlanders?:confused:
What do you thing will becoming next? Hopfully more Artillery perhaps a limber and riders or nap supply wagon or Royal Marines and Sailors Naps or AWI.
When are the next Naps and AWI coming.
REGARDS
Richard:rolleyes::cool:

I'd be interested in marittime naps...

It would also be nice if some naps were made of the early years of the war--the 1790's.
I don't think that is a particularly popular period, though.

It would also be nice if some naps were made of the early years of the war--the 1790's.

Does the POLL want to know what each voter likes most????? To me it is obvious by what is sold that WWII is the most popular. But WWII is about my fourth favorite behind Alamo, Western/Custer, American Civil War. If you want to now what we would like to buy most, may I suggust expanding the options on the POLL. I don't think I will vote, because I think the POLL is asking what do we like best.

Like Imperial French Marines maybe??????

KC has led the way with WWII. So most KC collectors would be expected to prefer the WWII line. I don't think that is as true in the wider toy soldier world. Knights and Napoleonics seem more widespread and traditional. When I first started collecting about 15 years ago it was almost impossible to find a WWII soldier or vehicle at a show unless it was from the 1940's.

It was my friend Hal's Birthday yesterday, and I bought him a K&C Crusader figure 'Fighting Bishop', and I also bought a British FoB soldier kneeling Firing, and when I opened the parcel, I took a look at Hal's figure to make sure it was ok, and WOW..............:eek::eek::eek:

The Crusader figures are amazing, there's so much detail in them, and the poses are great:D:D:eek::D

I think I might start collecting Crusaders now:p:D:D

KC has led the way with WWII. So most KC collectors would be expected to prefer the WWII line. I don't think that is as true in the wider toy soldier world. Knights and Napoleonics seem more widespread and traditional. When I first started collecting about 15 years ago it was almost impossible to find a WWII soldier or vehicle at a show unless it was from the 1940's.

Its hard to imagine that now isn't it,in our market awash with WW2 figures.

Rob

It was my friend Hal's Birthday yesterday, and I bought him a K&C Crusader figure 'Fighting Bishop', and I also bought a British FoB soldier kneeling Firing, and when I opened the parcel, I took a look at Hal's figure to make sure it was ok, and WOW..............:eek::eek::eek:

The Crusader figures are amazing, there's so much detail in them, and the poses are great:D:D:eek::D

I think I might start collecting Crusaders now:p:D:D

The Crusader range includes some excellent figures. We don't have any Saracens as yet.....But they're in the master plan for next year.

Oh that Crusader will be the death of me...:rolleyes:

I love those guys - I still have a few more to figures to pick up before I am up to date. :D But, that Catapult Set is the best !!

Oh that Crusader will be the death of me...:rolleyes:

I love those guys - I still have a few more to figures to pick up before I am up to date. :D But, that Catapult Set is the best !!

This is my favorite line! Hmmm maybe I should get the catapault set

I think I might consider correcting the statement 'The first True World War' to the Seven Years War/French & Indian War.

I think many historians would agree that the Napoleonic Wars were the first World war as they was fighting in but not limited to: Europe, Egypt, America's ( South, Central and North), Caribbean and India.

I was only comparing the Naps and AWI to WWII as there is new WWII every month and Naps twice a year. I believe all the other ranges are the same as Naps or AWI released once or twice a year.
thanks for the great number of responses and votes.:):D
Regards
Richard

Richard - I agree with you ! I believe that the Napoleonic Wars covered a much larger World Scope of Battlefields on land and sea - than the Seven Years War (F&I War). Truely many armies from a great cross section of the world fought during the Napoleonic Period.

I have to disagree with both of you--both my World History and US History Textbooks and my teachers for both classes cite the Seven Years War as the first world war, as there was fighting on land and sea in Europe, North America, and in the Orient. Clearly global in scope.

WW2 was a big part of my childhood. I fought alot of Airfix battles, funny thing though the AK troops seemed to win most of the time. :) I collect Afrika, and Eastern Front - King & Country only.:D

Jeff

WW2 was a big part of my childhood. I fought alot of Airfix battles, funny thing though the AK troops seemed to win most of the time. :) I collect Afrika, and Eastern Front - King & Country only.:D

Jeff

Same goes for me Jeff, except in my case the plucky and indominatible Brits/Commonwealth/Yanks won though every time against the dasterdly Hun.
:):)

I have been watching this Poll very carefully and I think we have a problem with the voting machine ! I think we need to call AL GORE and start looking for those hanging chads !! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I mean how could anyone not believe that.....

NAPOLEON !

Is the Best !! :D

(sorry - couldnt help myself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back