Are you a King & Country purist? (2 Viewers)

Are you a King & Country purist?

• Yes

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 110 73.8%

• Total voters
When I started to "seriously" collect soldiers a few months ago - rather than pick them up here and there to complement my aircraft and armor - I planned to focus on just K&C and then only two lines. I have quickly digressed and now have a Conte' vignette and several of the Black Hawk Little Big Horn figures - planning to buy them all.

K&C are my favorite far and away but there are a lot of other great companies that fill a niche for my tastes. Either way, one can't go wrong.

Metal = K&C 100% until now
Plastic = TAMYIA and ITALERI

Here is the the breakdown for me:

KNC: 60%
BRITAINS: 15%
FIGARTI: 5%
BEAU GESTE : 5%
CONTE : 5%
JJ DESIGNS : 5%
MISC: 5%

My 2 cents worth....about 1500 figures.

Well, yes and no really. So far, I've only bought K+C and IMHO they are the best I've seen for the money - but I love some of the HB tanks and EOI Greeks and Persians, and then some of the Russian Teutonics, well.........

To all intents and purposes I AM a K+C purist, if I allow myself to get tempted by other manufacturers then my headaches will get worse and my money will run out even faster - :eek:

At the mo, it's WW2 K+C all the way for me, but I will definitely invest in one or two other bits and pieces in the longer term - :D

Didn't use to be but the variety of ranges along with the regular release of new figures is making it rather hard not to become one. So many toy soldiers so little time!

I guess I'll have to go with yes for now since I intend to start the Crusader line, still need some AK footsloggers, and I really need those WWI Uhlans.

Just hope Conte or Britains doesn't release anything this year:D.

Didn't use to be but the variety of ranges along with the regular release of new figures is making it rather hard not to become one. So many toy soldiers so little time!

I guess I'll have to go with yes for now since I intend to start the Crusader line, still need some AK footsloggers, and I really need those WWI Uhlans.

Just hope Conte or Britains doesn't release anything this year:D.

I let K&C pieces as my core collection, other manufacturers I only add if they add to sets. Like Collectors Showcase 88 gun, I added those as I just couldn't find the K&C 88 around.

I am tempted to buy an HB Tiger but its very expenive. K&C is the premiere!

I let K&C pieces as my core collection, other manufacturers I only add if they add to sets. Like Collectors Showcase 88 gun, I added those as I just couldn't find the K&C 88 around.

I am tempted to buy an HB Tiger but its very expenive. K&C is the premiere!
I do not at present have any CS but if K&C doesn't make an 88 again, well let me edit my poll vote:).

I'm working on a long-term project - a large, 7 foot X 4 foot, diorama of a Saracen walled city (castle), besieged by a Crusader army. The Saracen castle is by JG Miniatures. He even made me a custom wall, with no battle damage, for one section of the castle. The figures are primarily from King & Country, with a number of conversions I have made. The Russian Saracen figures blend well with the King & Country Saracens. I have found a few Conte figures that I think look appropriate and good (monk holding a large cross, etc.) in my Crusades diorama, but I don't consider them to be of quite the same callibre as the King & Country figures and the St. Petersburg figures from Russia. The Conte ballista, from the new Viking Raid series, is a beautiful piece of work and looks great in one of the towers of the Saracen castle, firing against the siege tower. The Conte catapult, from the same series, is also very nice for the Crusader army. I am using both the Conte and King & Country catapullts in my diorama. I also plan to get the Conte battering ram, as soon as it is available. There are other items from other manufacturers, that I am planning to add eventually, such as a few marketplace items from John Eden Studios. I believe those are painted gloss, but I can easily mat the finish to give them a more realistic look. I'm looking forward to the future Medieval realeases from King & Country. I'm having an absolutre blast, building my Crusades diorama.

I am not a purist, but I am fairly close. K&C is by far my favorite. I do own some John Jenkins figures that I really like and two sets of the Manes Marzano Retreat from Russia series. Those are really nice as well. Everything else is K&C except for my 90mm St Petersburg Knight figures.

I'm working on a long-term project - a large, 7 foot X 4 foot, diorama of a Saracen walled city (castle), besieged by a Crusader army. The Saracen castle is by JG Miniatures. He even made me a custom wall, with no battle damage, for one section of the castle. The figures are primarily from King & Country, with a number of conversions I have made. The Russian Saracen figures blend well with the King & Country Saracens. I have found a few Conte figures that I think look appropriate and good (monk holding a large cross, etc.) in my Crusades diorama, but I don't consider them to be of quite the same callibre as the King & Country figures and the St. Petersburg figures from Russia. The Conte ballista, from the new Viking Raid series, is a beautiful piece of work and looks great in one of the towers of the Saracen castle, firing against the siege tower. The Conte catapult, from the same series, is also very nice for the Crusader army. I am using both the Conte and King & Country catapullts in my diorama. I also plan to get the Conte battering ram, as soon as it is available. There are other items from other manufacturers, that I am planning to add eventually, such as a few marketplace items from John Eden Studios. I believe those are painted gloss, but I can easily mat the finish to give them a more realistic look. I'm looking forward to the future Medieval realeases from King & Country. I'm having an absolutre blast, building my Crusades diorama.

Wow, this sounds quite spectacular. Sounds like a real fun project.
Cheers
H

I prefer gloss figures and mainly collect Little Legion's Zulu War range. The only other manufacturer that I buy is K&C. I do not buy any individual figures from K&C I only purchase their vehicles any any figures that come with the vehicles. Although this may change soon.

It is hard not to be impressed with the diversity and quality of K&C. I especially like their Crusaders and Scarcens and hope to get to these in time. I have a few of their Napoleonics as well. There are many quality producers these days and so much to chose from it is difficult to stay with one company exclusively.

I started with the Conte Spartan / Persians and will add as it expands, including the fantastic new posable plastics, with some paint with some help from my friends.;) I also have a few Conte ZW figures and have designs on several of the new WB and Conte figures for that. I also have a pre-order for the First Legion NAPs and based on the new previews, I will definitely getting more of those. And then of course, I will definitely be getting many EoE Romans, if Chris leaves me any after raising his Legions.;):D

You Know Kc Has Been Catching Up With Trophy But Recently There Have Been A Number Of Trophy Sets On Ebay So Kc Has Not Over Taken Kc Yet. But I Must Admit I Only Used To Collect Kc Wwii But In Recent Months I Have Bought Romans, Barbarians, Crusaders And Alamo Figures And If Not For Financial Constraints I Would Get Some Wwi. Its Just That Wwii Is Starting To Get Old. The Recent Wehrmacht Troops Poses Were Okay But The Helmet Covers Don'fit And The Ss Should Have Had Anklets For Boots. The Russian Front Would Really Energize Me, What About Anybody Else?

I am...not because I don't like other products...its because of money and space.

WELLINGTON

I am now a 1:30 scale Matte purist and K & C products occupy 90% of my shelf space with Figarti, Honour Bound, Patriot and New Model Army making up the remaining 10%.

I am now a 1:30 scale Matte purist and K & C products occupy 90% of my shelf space with Figarti, Honour Bound, Patriot and New Model Army making up the remaining 10%.

Oz

I read my post earlier in thread and agree with you, but have bought a little bit of Figarti - Clive is hard to resist and they are improving all the time - and I picked up a Patriot nebelwefer at the London show for a very good price and I think it is excellent. My first Patriot piece.

Still by far and away K&C though..........time for the lottery and then I could do everyone else's Napoleonics and zulus and......and........:rolleyes:

Oz

I read my post earlier in thread and agree with you, but have bought a little bit of Figarti - Clive is hard to resist and they are improving all the time - and I picked up a Patriot nebelwefer at the London show for a very good price and I think it is excellent. My first Patriot piece.

Still by far and away K&C though..........time for the lottery and then I could do everyone else's Napoleonics and zulus and......and........:rolleyes:

Initially I didn't buy any Figarti as they only had 1/32 but since their 1/30 range started I got the Winter Mark IV, V1 and fueling crew and have the V2 on order, will also get the V2 command halftrack etc.

The Winter Nebelwerfer is my only Patriot set so far but I may also get the reloading Grey German set to go with the few classic grey K & C Germans I have because K & C keep bring out camo guys which were pretty thin on the ground in the early war in reality.

No, no longer Figarti. Honour,Patriot and Collectors are starting to make inroads,plus the fact that my collecton now fills five large display cabinets .My choices have become more selective...ern..

No, no longer Figarti. Honour,Patriot and Collectors are starting to make inroads,plus the fact that my collecton now fills five large display cabinets .My choices have become more selective...ern..

I love collecting King & Country but I have to collect other companies that make 1/30 scale and have good detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back