Arnhem 'P' (1 Viewer)

Mitch

Major General
I would like to know the following. The bren gun carrier released with the latest 'P' figures is not classified as a 'P' or it was not when I looked at some dealer webs thus, its under the MG banner but, separate from the 'P' figures.

The question is how are the two figures painted? Are they similar to the original series, or are they painted to match the newer releases without the 'P' tag??

I wondered this when I saw it and, with it coming soon thought I would ask
Cheers
Mitch

I would like to know the following. The bren gun carrier released with the latest 'P' figures is not classified as a 'P' or it was not when I looked at some dealer webs thus, its under the MG banner but, separate from the 'P' figures.

The question is how are the two figures painted? Are they similar to the original series, or are they painted to match the newer releases without the 'P' tag??

I wondered this when I saw it and, with it coming soon thought I would ask
Cheers
Mitch

One should be able to tell (P) from not (P) figures from the dealers photos.

Terry

The universal carrier looks like the standard K&C AFV finish. The helmets on (P) figures show lots of detail (2nd set) but these figures look ordinary. There is no mention of (P) anywhere in the advert. So I think it's pretty safe to guess they are not (P).

Terry

Hi Guys,

Re the new “Universal Carrier” that was released at the same time as the newest Paras…The reason for it not being a Pathfinder release is quite straight forward…Both R.A.S.C. crew manning the vehicle are in “battle dress” rather than the “Denison” smocks. Both figures being fixed seated pieces are 3/4 figures not full body ones like the Paras. Following from that they take less time to paint, therefore cost less and subsequently are not as expensive as the Paras. K&C in this instance did not add the (P) to the code.

For our next MG release in 2014 there will be another different vehicle with full body Paras in “Denison” smocks and that will be a “Pathfinder” release.

And finally…Lt.Colonel John Frost has already been designed, carved and cast and will appear with that next Market-Garden release in 2014.

Hope this helps guys and many thanks for your interest.

Best wishes and happy collecting!

Andy C.

Hi Guys,

Re the new “Universal Carrier” that was released at the same time as the newest Paras…The reason for it not being a Pathfinder release is quite straight forward…Both R.A.S.C. crew manning the vehicle are in “battle dress” rather than the “Denison” smocks. Both figures being fixed seated pieces are 3/4 figures not full body ones like the Paras. Following from that they take less time to paint, therefore cost less and subsequently are not as expensive as the Paras. K&C in this instance did not add the (P) to the code.

For our next MG release in 2014 there will be another different vehicle with full body Paras in “Denison” smocks and that will be a “Pathfinder” release.

And finally…Lt.Colonel John Frost has already been designed, carved and cast and will appear with that next Market-Garden release in 2014.

Andy C.

That's great to hear of more MG releases next year, including Frost & more Pathfinder's, plus a vehicle. Thanks heaps for the update Andy, us MG collectors appreciate it:salute::

Cheers Toddy

Hi Guys,

Andy C.

Outstanding!
Glad to hear that Lt. Colonel Frost is headed our way and that the MG collection is going strong. Love these new releases.
Curious? How about some Arnhem German commanders? Gen Bittrich. Heinz Harmel 10th SS.
Harzer's 9th SS. Or since Col. Frost is on the way a showdown between him and SS Capt.Graebner for the bridge?

Thanks for the input and update question answered. Will a AFV given the ''P'' label you have mentioned be weathered and painted to a ''higher'' level than other MG vehicle releases and, thus be priced higher or, is it just the figures that will be painted to the ''higher'' standard.

Having all the MG range I want to know that they will blend as the Bren carrier blends with the Jeeps released 07/08 from looking at it.

Also, well pleased to hear frost is being done how about a sneek peek that I normally don't like seeing but, in this case won't mind??
Cheers in advance
Mitch

Fancy people deciding before hand what will be an argument when one asks a perfectly legitimate question. seems some are looking and hoping for one at every avenue. It takes all the fun out of collecting for me!!

Last edited:
Andy C.

Thanks for the update on OMG. Sounds like we have some nice releases to look forward to. ^&cool

Thanks for the input and update question answered. Will a AFV given the ''P'' label you have mentioned be weathered and painted to a ''higher'' level than other MG vehicle releases and, thus be priced higher or, is it just the figures that will be painted to the ''higher'' standard.

Having all the MG range I want to know that they will blend as the Bren carrier blends with the Jeeps released 07/08 from looking at it.

Also, well pleased to hear frost is being done how about a sneek peek that I normally don't like seeing but, in this case won't mind??
Cheers in advance
Mitch

Fancy people deciding before hand what will be an argument when one asks a perfectly legitimate question. seems some are looking and hoping for one at every avenue. It takes all the fun out of collecting for me!!

Logic would have me ignore your last sentence Mitch, but too heck with logic......'it takes all the fun out of collecting for me'.....sounds like the shoe is on the other foot for a change? Maybe just maybe, you're starting to appreciate how your continued snipping at anything to do with the 'P' range effects other members and your desire to point out perceived faults at every opportunity with other K&C ranges is stuff of legend on TF.

As for the thread turning into a tit for tat war of words, well I'm not a betting man, but based upon 99.9% of every other thread you've been involved in recent times, I'd say it's a sure thing.

Welcome to the club Mitch, it's taken a wee while.

You can't help yourself can you??
Mitch

Logic would have me ignore your last sentence Mitch, but too heck with logic......'it takes all the fun out of collecting for me'.....sounds like the shoe is on the other foot for a change? Maybe just maybe, you're starting to appreciate how your continued snipping at anything to do with the 'P' range effects other members and your desire to point out perceived faults at every opportunity with other K&C ranges is stuff of legend on TF.

As for the thread turning into a tit for tat war of words, well I'm not a betting man, but based upon 99.9% of every other thread you've been involved in recent times, I'd say it's a sure thing.

Anyway, back to the reality of the thread!!! Looking forward to seeing Frost. Wonder if K&C have stayed with the theme of the Movie and have him with hunting horn?
Mitch

Hi Guys,

A few answers to a few questions…

1. The Bren Carrier is “weathered” to the same extent as most if not all K&C vehicles. It’s also painted to the same level as all other K&C vehicles.
2. The “Pathfinder” label refers to the figures and the level and detail that goes into them and therefore the additional time and cost of producing them.
3. Both the earlier 07/08 Market Garden figures and vehicles work well with the newer release. Should be no probs displaying them both together.
4. “Sneak Peek of Frost”…Sorry no can do — he’s not painted yet — maybe closer to release date once some of the other figures are ready as well.
5. “Frost with hunting horn” — nope he’s doing something else.

Hope this helps…Best wishes and happy collecting!

Andy C.​

Hi Guys,

1. The Bren Carrier is “weathered” to the same extent as most if not all K&C vehicles. It’s also painted to the same level as all other K&C vehicles.
2. The “Pathfinder” label refers to the figures and the level and detail that goes into them and therefore the additional time and cost of producing them.
3. Both the earlier 07/08 Market Garden figures and vehicles work well with the newer release. Should be no probs displaying them both together.
4. “Sneak Peek of Frost”…Sorry no can do — he’s not painted yet — maybe closer to release date once some of the other figures are ready as well.

Andy C.​

Is he drinking tea is he? ;)

Great post Toddy, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's a shame that people behave this way and it's even more shameful that they have to resort to nasty PM's!

Tom

Hi Guys,

Andy C.​
Great news Andy but what about the Gloster Meteor ^&confuse^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back