Artist Painted Kit ID Needed and help (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
hi,

this is a little out of my expertise, but I have been buying Artist Painted Kits on various subjects usually produced between 1970s and 2000. Some are more famous artists than others, I am amazed at this market at times as I see some items that bring high dollars at shows. Anyhow, here is one I found done by "Barton in 93". It is a Viking called "His Just Reward", and super quality, but appears to be missing something in left hand that was on a reign. I am thinking of having this restored but would like to try to identify the original kit so I know what to do. It is larger than 54mm, smaller than 90, maybe 65mm.

Thanks
Tom

The name is vaguely familiar in the context of painted miniatures, Tom. I can ask in the MFCA Facebook group and see if anyone remembers.

Prost!
Brad

I would say that the paintwork is quite a bit better than the sculpt in this case.:rolleyes2:

The missing item appears to be his sword.

I would say that the paintwork is quite a bit better than the sculpt in this case.:rolleyes2:

The missing item appears to be his sword.

Not a sword as far as I can tell, he is not holding a end, it is more wiry, singular and tubular. Not so sure I follow on the sculpt as it is a kit from pre 1993 at least and I believe it is a sarcastic pose due to facial expression and the title of the model. I look at these as artwork more than anything else, these are definitely not meant to fit any scene. I kind of find the facial expression amusing!
Tom

The name is vaguely familiar in the context of painted miniatures, Tom. I can ask in the MFCA Facebook group and see if anyone remembers.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks Brad, see if they can id the sculpt that is most important so I can figure out what is missing!
Tom

Hi all,

The figure is not a Barton it was made by a British company called Mitrecap Miniatures in 1986. It is a Rus mercenary it was sculpted by Keith Durham and is 65 mm. In his hand he is holding a ewer/tankard he also has a large axe beside him. If you Google Mitrecap Miniatures images there is a coup!e of images of the figure I hope this helps.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
Thank you again to all on here, I have made contact and am retrieving the missing tankard from the figure!
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back