AWI Pre-orders? (2 Viewers)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
I share Brad's pain in his thread "ACW Pre-orders?", but for new releases of the AWI range. Hope we don't have to wait too long to see whats next . . . more British (perhaps Light Bobs) or more colonials . . . . Native American allies would also be very cool ^&cool . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Mike, Why don't you bridge the waiting time with dabbling in the FL ACW Range? It could compliment your ACW photography. FL in the front for detail or in the back for perspective ( as they should be smaller than Britains).

I share Brad's pain in his thread "ACW Pre-orders?", but for new releases of the AWI range. Hope we don't have to wait too long to see whats next . . . more British (perhaps Light Bobs) or more colonials . . . . Native American allies would also be very cool ^&cool . . . .

Mike, I can't wait for the next release either. I have a feeling it won't be too long, as Matt said a while back that every range would have a release in the next six months. And that was about 2 months ago.:)

Right now though, I'm still collecting Grenadiers. Your formation pics are so good I decided I needed more.

Noah

Good thread Mike. I've got all the Colonial Militia I want now and am wondering what will come next. More for Mass. in 1775, or on to NY and 1776 perhaps?

I would be happy with either possibility.

Looking forward to it......:smile2:

MD

Mike, Why don't you bridge the waiting time with dabbling in the FL ACW Range? It could compliment your ACW photography. FL in the front for detail or in the back for perspective ( as they should be smaller than Britains).

I have the FL Confederate NCO and he's a perfect match, size wise, to my W. Britain ACW figures.

Mike,Do they look "right" together.
Mark

I think they look good together. Here's a photo from my current WB thread showing the FL Rebel NCO (left hand and arm raised as if encouraging his men forward) bottom center of photo next to stone wall . . .

PICT0016-1.jpg

You are right, he blends in perfectly. First time I feel FL is compatible with some other manufacturer.

I need to check out your thread. I apologize that I did not in the past. :eek:

You are right, he blends in perfectly. First time I feel FL is compatible with some other manufacturer.

I need to check out your thread. I apologize that I did not in the past. :eek:

My current WB thread is entitled ACW - My Battleground. It shows a large portion of my ACW collection used on my 4' x 8' diorama table. I plan to eventually get FL ACW001 (CSA Captain) and the following Confederate Infantry Advancing; ACW006, ACW010, and ACW018.

Mike, with that pic you posted, the FL NCO blends just perfectly with the Britains figures. If I didn't know which one was the FL figure, it would be hard to tell.

Noah

I'm hoping you guys get a ton of AWI and ACW stuff soon {bravo}} My bank account needs a break :wink2: and for the record I picked him out with one eye open {sm4} he better pick up the pace or hes gonna get a backside full of Canister {eek3} Seriously... a Great dio thanks for sharing Regards Gebhard

My current WB thread is entitled ACW - My Battleground. It shows a large portion of my ACW collection used on my 4' x 8' diorama table. I plan to eventually get FL ACW001 (CSA Captain) and the following Confederate Infantry Advancing; ACW006, ACW010, and ACW018.

I missed him when these were first posted as well Mike. Don't have any of the ACW items at present but have been contemplating a few. In particular, am most fond of #'s 10, 17, and 18.

MD

Not to derail this thread, but getting back to the AWI, I think some Hessian Jagers would be a cool addition to this range. I'm reading another book on the New York Campaign and it seems the Jagers were in the middle of things all the time. Part of that may be due to the constant use of Jager Capt. Ewald's journal in the narrative, but even still, these green-coated Germans would be fun to see.

Noah

I just finished the whole series of the militia and British, getting some duplicates of the British to create a larger army. It was task just ordering a few at a time. But I finally just order the last 6 figures to complete the entire AWI series....well until something else is released. I am now excited to move on to the Civil War. I was thinking of ordering the Britains farm house and a grassy mat with some tree groves. Has anyone else found anything in the AWI era that would make a cool display?

Shark
Britains is comming out with a series
of buildings that will fit the AWI and ACW
That was said by Ken Osen

Shark
Britains is comming out with a series
of buildings that will fit the AWI and ACW
That was said by Ken Osen

Thanks for the heads up on that. So far I have only seen the farm house and the barn. Will there be more?

Thanks for the heads up on that. So far I have only seen the farm house and the barn. Will there be more?

To go with the farmhouse and barn there are also: woodshed, wash house, smoke house, and spring house. Although retired, they can still be found on eBay and many dealers still have them in their inventory. There are also WB sets of plank fencing, stone walls, split rail fences, and corn rows which help add to the rural look. I use these all the time with my FL AWI figures.

To go with the farmhouse and barn there are also: woodshed, wash house, smoke house, and spring house. Although retired, they can still be found on eBay and many dealers still have them in their inventory. There are also WB sets of plank fencing, stone walls, split rail fences, and corn rows which help add to the rural look. I use these all the time with my FL AWI figures.

PICTURES! :)

I am missing your photos! Retirement comes with certain obligations!

Or do I need to check the WB thread more often? :redface2:

^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back