AZTEC Temple complex (2 Viewers)

villagehorse

Lieutenant General
Well if you needed a reason to collect this series, John's temple layout including arch entrance and walls would do it. I can already imagine the kind of set up you could produce either small or huge depending on space and finances. A terrific asset to this series John. :salute::Robin.

From Treefrog’s FB page.
Like Robin said, the modular elements will provide for all kinds and sizes of displays.
Looking really good!

Konrad

Attachments

• 290879DD-8C02-4E8B-BC26-9DCD7E57BDDD.jpeg
    290879DD-8C02-4E8B-BC26-9DCD7E57BDDD.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,210
I saw these pictures...this is pretty awesome...I'm getting a full set of them...

Holy cow! That is amazing! Lots of big stuff coming out in the hobby these days- exciting!

Joe

These will be stunning editions to an already fantastic series. Looks like John is not holding back on his creative efforts.
My miniature collecting is now entirely JJD Ancients and Conquest of America series, keeping me one happy collector.

Although impressive, size is a problem and with space being an issue, I will not be adding them.

Although impressive, size is a problem and with space being an issue, I will not be adding them.

Brad...
I know what you mean...
space is an issue...
but I'm gonna make it work...
I don't have any bathroom dioramas yet...^&grin

and if these are a pre-order item only...
it will be a one run production...
I don't think we will ever see anything like it again from a manufacturer...
so when it's gone...it's gone...

I could clear off a shelf in my kitchen pantry...^&grin

Thankfully I have resisted this series, otherwise I'd be about to move to a tent {sm4}

Steve

I can't find any information on the size of the Aztec Complex. Has it been posted and I just missed it.
Thanks,
Brian

I can't find any information on the size of the Aztec Complex. Has it been posted and I just missed it.
Thanks,
Brian

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170784206783263/permalink/517901712071509?sfns=cl

Can anyone with better eyes make out the figure on the temple? He appears to be holding something up to his mouth. Conch shell trumpet?

I enlarged it until it pictualized out of focus...
I can't tell what he is holding...
but my guess is that it's a human skull around his waist...

Can anyone with better eyes make out the figure on the temple? He appears to be holding something up to his mouth. Conch shell trumpet?

Yes, looks like a conch shell horn/trumpet, and like Mike M. said, a human skull at his waist. The figure is probably an Aztec priest. …….. Pretty cool.

So if you wish to view it on video go to YouTube and type in 'the London toy soldier show March 2019' . There are 3 parts each 28 minutes, you need part 1 and it is 17 minutes in. Really really nice, John does outstanding work. Will be ordering when it comes available. ^&cool, Robin.

Ok to assist in preparing for this item, but do not hold me to account in case I have got it wrong.......

1) temple is 32cm W x 38cm D x 43cm H
2) gate is 24cm W x 14cm D x 19cm H
3) wall 23cm W x 7cm D x 13cm H
4) corner 10cm W x 10cm D x 13cm H

There will be 2 versions of the temple available?

The first to roll out will be a wall in June 2019

The colours are usually mainly White with bright colours.

Hope this helps in your setting up phase.

Robin.

If you are an 'inches' measurer:

The temple measurements 12 ½” wide x 15” deep x 16 ¾” height.

The Wall measurements include an extra corner piece will be 35 ½” wide x 5 ½” deep x 7 ½” height.

The Straight Wall section measurements 9” x 2 ½” x 5”.

The Gateway section measurements 9 ½” x 5 ½” x 7 ½”.

The Corner section measurements 4” x 4’ x 5”.

Looking forward to June!

Julie

I enlarged it until it pictualized out of focus...
I can't tell what he is holding...
but my guess is that it's a human skull around his waist...

Hi All,
I believe it is a Conch Shell, The Aztecs used these, probably for ceremonial purposes. This guy is probably a priest in black body paint, made from crushed insects and maybe a little bit of blood. That's a human skull he is wearing on his belt, The priests would file their teeth into points and make their eyes blood shot. They must have been pretty ferocious looking. Hope John makes some stone brazers, for the temples. The priests would incinerate the hearts from the sacrificial victims and the smoke would lift up to the heavens for the Gods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back