Baby its cold outside- latest ad (2 Viewers)

Rob

Four Star General
A teaser for those of us awaiting this beauty, just got Jan 2011 TSMF Magazine and heres the latest ad on the back;

003-13.jpg

002-19.jpg

001-17.jpg

Rob

Rob...

Very apt considering the amount of snow that fell overnight here. Got mine this morning just as the postie had to walk as his van got stuck.

Anyway, one of the better back page ads in a while, the pictures of the Tiger look good
Mitch

Rob...

Very apt considering the amount of snow that fell overnight here. Got mine this morning just as the postie had to walk as his van got stuck.

Anyway, one of the better back page ads in a while, the pictures of the Tiger look good
Mitch

We were lucky here today with just a light dusting, went to Milton Keynes and got my issue, really enjoy these adverts:cool:

Rob

I really like the mag but, the full page ads are just a real bonus worth the cover charge alone!!
Mitch

A teaser for those of us awaiting this beauty, just got Jan 2011 TSMF Magazine and heres the latest ad on the back;

003-13.jpg

002-19.jpg

001-17.jpg

Rob

Dear Rob:

Ah, it pays to live in "jolly Old England" where Toy Soldier & Model Figure (TS&MF) magazine is published! I got my December 2010 issue 2 or 3 weeks ago. Perhaps I'll get the January 2011 issue next week or so. I have every issue of TS&MF magazine since it first came out in August 1995. From 1995 to about 2002 it was a bi-monthly magazine. I like this magazine very much and highly recommend it to all collectors. I was happy to have a few articles & photos of mine published in several of it's issues some years back. The current editor is a "Yank" who lives in upstate New York, USA and has done a splendid job as editor since he took over as such in about November 2003. Up until about 3+ years ago I got TS&MF's dark green magazine binders at $18.00 US Dollars each. But it was a bit expensive and was taking up too much space. So these past few years I have been just stacking them up on a chair in our recreation room in the basement. I hate to dispose of any of them! Perhaps when my glossly issues expire again I'll go with the iMAG Online version which is a lot cheaper & there is no storage issues.

Regards, "Iron Brigade" / Gary

Last edited:
Hey Gary,

Congratulations on getting your articles printed!:cool:It is a very good magazine as is Toy Soldier Collector. I also understand about storing these magazines, I collect Britain at war magazine and also Hornby train magazine and storing them all is an issue. Thats why I just get the TSMF magazines with the ads on the back, I do the same with Flypast magazine as well. I then laminate the adverts and put them in my K&C binders. The ads are a colletion in themselves.

All the best

Rob

Hey Gary,

Congratulations on getting your articles printed!:cool:It is a very good magazine as is Toy Soldier Collector. I also understand about storing these magazines, I collect Britain at war magazine and also Hornby train magazine and storing them all is an issue. Thats why I just get the TSMF magazines with the ads on the back, I do the same with Flypast magazine as well. I then laminate the adverts and put them in my K&C binders. The ads are a colletion in themselves.

All the best

Rob

Dear Rob:

Ah, so you are saying that you are just saving the ad pages. I never thought of that, but indeed it is a good collection to have and also for future referrence as the years go by. Also many of the articles are not of much interest in at least some of the issues. Good luck with your TS&MF Ad Collection!

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

Dear Rob:

Ah, so you are saying that you are just saving the ad pages. I never thought of that, but indeed it is a good collection to have and also for future referrence as the years go by. Also many of the articles are not of much interest in at least some of the issues. Good luck with your TS&MF Ad Collection!

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

Thanks Gary, I should also say that in this latest issue there is quite an article on the Chicago show featuring pics of our gracious forum hosts Shannon and Peter, and Andy and also Rick from Figarti :cool:

Rob

Thanks Gary, I should also say that in this latest issue there is quite an article on the Chicago show featuring pics of our gracious forum hosts Shannon and Peter, and Andy and also Rick from Figarti :cool:

Rob

Dear Rob:

I shall look forward to seeing the January 2011 issue of TS&MF magazine. I did not go to the OTS Show in 2010, but may go again in 2011. The Old Toy Soldier Show outside of Chicago is about 90 miles one way from my home. A lot closer than England, what! By the way, by chance I recently talked to Shannon on the telephone a few weeks back relative to combining an eBay purchase and a direct store purchase from them. Shannon was very friendly and really nice to talk to if only for a few minitues. I recall her also noting how hard it was to move around the Figarti "Victory" ship model at the hotel in Schaumburg, IL, USA where the OTS Show was held last September.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back