Bad Luck.... Twice (2 Viewers)

Guy

Major
We are the 17th of December 1944. The scene is set near the village of Rodt. Combat Command Group A, belonging to the 17th Tank Battalion of the 7th Armored Division, commanded by Colonel Dwight A. Rosebaum withdrew to the villages of Beho and Rodt after the Germans recaptured the city of Sankt-Vith.The scene depicts a Sherman tank which drove over a mine and has a broken track.Some German troops who heard the explosion are coming to have a look what's happened. Bad luck ....twice !!!!!
Hope you'll enjoy my new dio
guy:)
P1010391.JPG

P1010390.JPG

P1010393.JPG

P1010388.JPG

P1010389.JPG

This is incredible, Guy! With all the recent Sherman talk, a perfect diorama for the forum. Love that ruined Sherman (and one I had not seen before). Great winter scenery as well. I have to look at your pictures again with all the detailing. Well done!

This is incredible, Guy! With all the recent Sherman talk, a perfect diorama for the forum. Love that ruined Sherman (and one I had not seen before). Great winter scenery as well. I have to look at your pictures again with all the detailing. Well done!

thank you Rob

And again a nice one Guy{eek3},......your rocks are very realistic(euh that's sound strange).
Great setup and pictures.

Very effective! And very good work on the colours!{sm3}

You do it so well Guy and very believable. You excel at Winter scenes. Robin.

Villagehorse, Normandy1944,Poppo and Cruelios, thank you my friends for your nice comments
guy:eek:

Amazing winter detail. It's so true to life. This may be the best winter landscape I have seen. especially the tread tracks in the mud and light snow and the footprints

Terry

Awesome dio Guy and now you just need to build one 10 times as big...^&grin Just kidding, well done mate. {bravo}}

Tom

a few more pictures, some pictures showing some more detail I've put in the dio
DSCI0001.JPG
because of the explosion the tow cable holding some equipment on the back of the tank has broken and some stuff has fallen on the ground. Note part of the broken track on the ground next to the tarpaulin

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0003.JPG
look at the multitude of types of uniforms and equipment as seen in many BoB pictures

DSCI0124.JPG
detail of the German soldiers advancing on the other side of the hill

P1010382.JPG

Last edited:
The broken down tank is going to be the least of the problems for these GI's in the next few minutes. Your attention to detail Guy is amazing. Robin.

Fantastic work guy , lovely scenery and backdrop effects , also expert use of some fine sets.

Brilliant 😎

Rob

Fantastic work guy , lovely scenery and backdrop effects , also expert use of some fine sets.

Brilliant ��

Rob

Hi Rob, long time no see or hear, glad you like my dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back