Battle on Snowshoes (1 Viewer)

I am afraid I agree with Capitolron :eek: 350 production number is a good number, up to 500 being OK. 1000 is to many.

Johns first series BM-01 to 03 & FM-01 to 04 were only 250 (to few), then he went to 350 & 500 for the BM-04 to 09 and then the Quebec Series 750.

Now it looks like he has settled on 350 (BA-01) to 500 (VM's & QHL). Which I think is about right. It depends on the figure, command figures 250 to 350 and line figures (firing & marching) 500 to 750.

I was happy to see BM-07 to 09 sell out on John web site quickly (The man is finally making some money on the best figures on the market). As previously discussed I can not figure out at the limited numbers he does how he makes any money at the very reasonable price he sells at (But do not tell him that or he may put prices up). Having said John has sold out, a number of dealers still have sets, so buying them is still not a big issue. But be very quick.

I would prefer to keep sets numbers in the 350 to 500 range and pay more, than see the numbers increase. But thats me and I am sure others have different ideas.

I would think the Snowshoes set would be 500 sets. Similar to the VM's and QHL's.

Aussie Monty :)

Like AM said - you can still find several of the new sets out there from the recent releases. Everyone appreciates a limited edition - dont they?

Like AM said - you can still find several of the new sets out there from the recent releases. Everyone appreciates a limited edition - dont they?

No. I could care less how many are made as long as the quility stays high.

Dragoon

We have two different opinions on Toy Soldier Collecting.

I like to collect mass-production items and hope that K&C will do a mass-production WARBIRD - so it comes at a better price than the others.

But, I also like to buy - at a great price - a more limited edition set for my collection as well. For me the rareness has appeal.

Ron

Dragoon

We have two different opinions on Toy Soldier Collecting.

I like to collect mass-production items and hope that K&C will do a mass-production WARBIRD - so it comes at a better price than the others.

But, I also like to buy - at a great price - a more limited edition set for my collection as well. For me the rareness has appeal.

Ron

So far John J. has been giving us very high quility figures that are limited in number at a great price. So I guess everybody's happy.:)

I think we can all agree on one thing anyway, great figures keep them coming.

The next question is whats next :)

October - QHL's (Now Available) Customs boys got my sets and are holding them to ransom.:(:mad:

November - SS's Part 1 (French Marines & Indians)

December 07 - SS's Part 2 (British & Rangers)

January 08 - Mounted Montcolm

Others we know of:

Defending Grenadier

Woodland Indians (2)

Couple of QB figures Sergent & Wounded

American Militia 2008?

I assume these will be slipped in over the next 3 to 4 months (live in hope).

Aussie Monty :)

Limber, limber, a limber (and horses - I'll take two) Please John, Please.:):):):)

I wonder if the new Battle of Snoeshoes means the Braddock Line is coming to an end ?? :confused:

I wonder if the new Battle of Snoeshoes means the Braddock Line is coming to an end ?? :confused:

I thought JJ had announced that he intended to wrap up the entire French-Indian War by the end of 2008. Plenty of BM/FM releases are still in the works though from what I can tell. A Braddock figure is coming.

The Braddocks defeat campaign was always mean't to be a smaller series, as it was a much smaller battle. I expect that we will see this series finish shortly at the end of this year. Yes there will be a Braddock and I know he planning to make this very special.

The Battle on Snowshoes will also be a small and magnificent release. I think there are only 34 figures in this series.

His big series was always intended for Battle of Quebec, and there you will lots more coming out.

The French and Indian Wars are far from finished, talking with him a Chicago, he has no shortage of ideas for potential releases.

If any of you are local to our store in Los Gatos, CA we will be displaying for a very limited time his diorama that he had in Chicago. Before we send it off it's new owner that purchased it at the show.

We hope to have some more news soon.

Mike
Sierra Toy Soldier

Mike - I enjoyed visiting with you and your wife in Chicago. It was a great opportunity to meet John Jenkins too. You guys made it extra memorable. My son and I had the chance to talk to John for a bit. We purchased a set or two and he gladly signed the boxes for us.
The Battle on Snowshoes diorama was fabulous. Who did the ground work, Had I known it was for sale , I would have loved to have it...??

Looking forward to more releases from this gentleman. |
Best regards, Greg Kempton ( and my ten year old too Adam ) , Lutz, FL USA

man I am loving these figures and it's so so good to see indians that are finally not plains indians. Also that tattoos are so cool. Keep up the good work guys.:D

With only 34 figures in this set it is a great time for some newbies to jump on the JJ bandwagon. The first sets are due shortly so it is possible to get them all. Now or never though.

Combat is right - The Wagon Train is pulling into the station - jump on now or be left behind :eek:

.....Wagon Train... :p :p :p I crack myself up sometimes......

wow a newbie.... thanks guys I haven't been called that in a long time. You make me feel so young. :D I'm just glad to see someone doing this subject and doing it well too. The french and indian wars and the war of 1812 are both great untapted subjects.

When is this range suppose to be released ??:confused:

The first French and Indian BOS sets are "November" releases - which means they should be available mid-October. BTW: I count over 20 figures from the Chicago show including the civilians. So we have seen about 2/3's of the entire line.

Very Cool :cool:

I am very excited about these small ranges of 34 figures - that makes things very interesting and easy to collect for a diorama. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back